I want to be fat!

QSilverTwo

Awards
That's right. I am so damn tired of being skinny. At 6'4'' I only weigh a brittle 165. I've tried relatively hard to gain any sort of weight but nothing seems to work. I took whey protein twice a day for three months and lifted 5 days a week without any noticable gains. Recently I tried a homemade calorie shake of about 1500 calories to boost my intake for two weeks and still no gains whatsoever. I am so frusturated at this point. My waist is the main problem; it is abnormally slim compared to my chest which is actually pretty big for my figure so I really don't need to be bench pressing. I just need some advice from anyone with experience. It seems inconceivable for me to eat a lot food as I just become full with the slightest amount of food. So I just don't know what to do. HELP ME!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
at 16/yo, i had this problem. what worked for me was drinking a gallon of whole milk everyday along with my regular diet. 25lbs and 3 months later, i was happy.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't recommend it but:
Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Whole Milk, and Weight Gainer Protein Powder will get you fat.

Got me fat fall/winter senior year of High School, good stuff - drink it slow.

Better yet, make a 2500 calorie shake and drink it over a 12-14hour period, in addition to your normal diet.

(that is better for you)

cut the cardio (running, basketball, whatever it is)

BigSwede

Awards
Good suggestions, scary, but good. I was in a similar scenario at 16 at 6'2" and 170. The whole milk did the trick. Give Beez' gallon of milk a try.

Although there is nothing like Ben and Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Good suggestions, scary, but good. I was in a similar scenario at 16 at 6'2" and 170. The whole milk did the trick. Give Beez' gallon of milk a try.

Although there is nothing like Ben and Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk.
sounds about right, i was 160lbs at 6'1".

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was 165 at 6'3 when I started. Now I'm around 200.

Consider yourself blessed! Would you rather be on the other edge of the spectrum and be genetically fat-prone? The solution to your problem, obviously, lies in raising calories. Whole milk is a good suggestion. However, don't go overboard with fatty foods. Remember your health here, too. Saturated fat and cholesterol intake from a sloppy diet will result in more cholesterol in your body... a bad thing. Stick to the unsaturated fats in nuts, fatty oils like flax, fish, and olive, etc... Eat a lot of carbs and protein to match. Just keep working out to direct yoyr excess calories where to go!

jshin

Awards
Gallon of milk? Jesus what gene pool are you guys from?!?! If I tried to drink a gallon of milk I would gas everyone in my house to death. Btw you guys are real lucky not being able to get fat, i'd kill for your genes. :cheers:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Gallon of milk? Jesus what gene pool are you guys from?!?! If I tried to drink a gallon of milk I would gas everyone in my house to death. Btw you guys are real lucky not being able to get fat, i'd kill for your genes. :cheers:
****, i can't do that now. at 16, i couldn't gain weight. nowadays, i can't keep it off. but yeah, from what i remember, i gassed the family pretty bad, lol.

BigSwede

Awards
LOL, yeah, the gas was a bitch, but it's suprisingly-easy to drink a gallon a day. My dad was 6'6" and 280. Granddad was 6'10" at 320 in his prime. His bodyfat was in the low-teens. I am the runt at 6'3" 235. Who said we're not fat? ;)

Was recalling my average McDonald's lunch during those years: Qtr Pounder with Cheese, Big Mac, two large fries and a choc shake at one sitting. Alternatively, I replaced the Big Mac with a couple dozen McNuggets. I'll have to check the cals but it had to be close to 4000.

Enjoy the blistering-metabolism as it never lasts...

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
It all comes down to calories man. If you eat 3000+ cals every day for a month you will gain weight. Eat at least 150 grams of protein every day. I would try to stick to carbs and not to go too crazy with the fats(especially saturated), but to each his own.

Some decent calorie dense foods for bulking: Milk, chocolate milk, whole eggs, beef, string cheese, oatmeal, wheat bread or bagels, potatoes, pasta, baked beans, bananas, prunes, raisins, corn & peas, nuts, peanut butter, olive & flax oil, etc.

For other ideas try searching for "bulk*" and "weight gain*".

Also, check the sticky thread in the training forum for good workout programs. Even at 165, you don't want to eat like crazy w/out training well.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
It all comes down to calories man. If you eat 3000+ cals every day for a month you will gain weight .

I agree it all comes down to carbs but for me even when I was 30 years old and weighed 160lbs at 6' 3000 cals didn't do **** for me.

It was not until I CONSISTANTLY ate 5000 cals a day until I gained appreciable weight.

You have GOT to keep track of your cals. I will BET if you were able to remember everything you at the past week it would NOT add up to as many cals as you thought.

It is VERY difficult but this is the ONLY way you will do it.

Get in 200 grams of protein throughout the day and then, don't worry what you eat just FREAKING eat.

BTW I would NOT work out 5 times a week. Work out 2 times a week for a MAX of 30 mins each day.

It IS doable just look at all the guys just in this thread who are WELL over 200lbs and were once just about your size.

CROWLER

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I agree it all comes down to carbs but for me even when I was 30 years old and weighed 160lbs at 6' 3000 cals didn't do **** for me.

It was not until I CONSISTANTLY ate 5000 cals a day until I gained appreciable weight.

You have GOT to keep track of your cals. I will BET if you were able to remember everything you at the past week it would NOT add up to as many cals as you thought.
You're right. Everyone is different. I think 3000 would be enough for most 165lbers, but there certainly are exceptions.

I remember in high school I was 6'2" 160lbs. I tried to eat a ton of food every day for a month and I didn't gain a pound. Just thought it was genetics. Then I started reading some forums and good articles. I started actually adding up my cals and I realized I had only been getting about 1800 a day(even though I could kill a big meal if I wanted to).

Being a skinny ectomorph is genetic, but I think for me, a large part of it is psychology. Somehow I had learned to not eat when I was hungry. I still struggle with that now. I'll get interested in something and the next thing I know it's been 6 hours since I ate last. Just gotta remember to plan healthy meals I actually enjoy and keep good snacks around the desk.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
sounds about right, i was 160lbs at 6'1".
U r 6'1"? Maybe I'm taller than I thought? :D

Anyway...its just hard to picture you at 160lbs.....:eek: hahaa

Oh, for getting fat, don't ever forget your simple sugars, too. Candy is da bomb. <-- I buy a box of gushers every time i go to the freggni' store :D haha

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
160 at 6'1 bah that's nothing my brother is 160 at 6'3.5

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Moyer, if that profile pic is u then your exactly how i want to look when i goto Uni in a couple of months.

This is me currently trying to bulk like crazy, do you think i have the time? I plan to cut in about a months time (whenever my CEE runs out)

I'm obviously gonna continue working out its just i'm going to Uni and i'll be surrounded by kids 5 yrs my junior and i want to look good, instead of scrawny.

Attachments

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
oh and my apologise go out to QSilverTwo for the mini-hijacking of this thread.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Moyer, if that profile pic is u then your exactly how i want to look when i goto Uni in a couple of months.

This is me currently trying to bulk like crazy, do you think i have the time? I plan to cut in about a months time (whenever my CEE runs out)

I'm obviously gonna continue working out its just i'm going to Uni and i'll be surrounded by kids 5 yrs my junior and i want to look good, instead of scrawny.
I can't say for sure how much progress you'll make, but if you're fairly new to weight lifting, you can do very well. A basic routine and good nutrition for any new guy(or someone who's been away from the weights for a while) should make a very noticable difference in just 8-12 weeks.

Also, a good tan seems to make a big difference for me if I need to look good in a short time.

Just don't get into the rut of thinking about how big you "could" be if you had just started earlier. I did that all through high school and part of college and it didn't help me one bit. Remember, you'll never be younger than you are today.

P.S. I don't know why anyone wants to look like me. I think I need to gain another 20 pounds, but thank you. That's truly a great compliment and I really appreciate it.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My suggestions that have been helping me:

1. don't forget the water! Keep a huge glass filled next to u at all times.
2. SLEEP! at LEAST 8 hours every night.
3. FOOD: tuna, oatmeal, pasta, chicken, fish. I always have tuna on hand cuz for me it's the easiest thing if i'm too lazy to cook. Don't be afraid of carbs, you need more carbs than protein anyway.
4. To add up calories, you might want to try FitDay.com. It's easy, and I use it a lot. I put what I'm going to eat later that day into the website and check to see if it's enough. (also a good way of keeping your calories clean)
5. stay on this website and read and reread. I knew none of this 6 months ago. thanks guys!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think all you newbies should go sign up with Bobo. He had a client in a similar situation, relatively untrained and no real nutrition plan to speak of. The guy put on 22 lbs in 8 weeks.

His plan works very well, I'd highly recommend.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I'd gladly give you some of mine, I think I have about 7-10% to spare.:hammer:

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I have plenty to spare as well, I wish I could eat whatever i wanted and not gain a pound....All these suggestions do sound good.....try some weight gainer in a shake with a scoop of peanut butter, whole milk and so that 2-3 times a day........I only wish.........:(

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I guess, but then again I'd rather be 245 at 12% bodyfat than 245 with 22%. Plus that's on a 5'7" frame.:D
soon enough man, it's depressing to lose strength though!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think IGF is calling your name...

I don't think I'm ever doing an aggressive cutter again. I've never done an 'anabolic' cut. But my squat went down from 405 x 15 to 315 x 4. Yeah.... I didn't know any better, Epherda + not a lot of food. Finally, finally, I'm back to where it was before.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I think IGF is calling your name...

I don't think I'm ever doing an aggressive cutter again. I've never done an 'anabolic' cut. But my squat went down from 405 x 15 to 315 x 4. Yeah.... I didn't know any better, Epherda + not a lot of food. Finally, finally, I'm back to where it was before.
I may try IGF in the future, but it's just not in the budget right now. Plus I still need to go through the little "spending spree" collection that I picked up from October to January 20th.:) After that, I may give MR's IGF or IBE's Oratropin a try. We'll see, I just know that I need to get the diet in order before I do anything, that's for sure.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ha, yes save it for NEXT summer :)
that's what im doing. perhaps a slow, long, lean mass, recomp cycle after the new year. No 'cutting' cycle for me.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
ha, yes save it for NEXT summer :)
that's what im doing. perhaps a slow, long, lean mass, recomp cycle after the new year. No 'cutting' cycle for me.
Yep, it's gonna be a recomp all the way...body fat in the low double digits is good enough for me.:thumbsup:

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
I just wanna say how impressed i am by the replies i've recieved here to my question.

On any number of other boards if i asked an "i want to be X fit in X amount of time" question i'd get flamed all over the place. I can understand why aswell, these questions are usually asked by kids with little to no weight training or diet knowledge. Kids who want quick results but dont realise the level of work it takes to acheive their goals.

I have been visiting forums like this for about 6 months now, (with anabolics being now my favorite) so i have learnt alot and am obviously learning all the time.

Anyways i'll stop the hijacking and start my own thread so u guys can advise me.