Kashi Granola Bars - A good snack...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Every since I've made it a point to keep high fructose corn-syrup containing foods out of my house, my girl has gone out of her way to make sure that everything she buys dosent contain that crap. (she does most of the grocery shopping). Anyway, she started getting these Kashi Granola Bars. They taste great and when I read the ingredient list, I was impressed.

Check this out:

• Calories: 140
  • Total Fat: 5g
  • Cholesterol: 0mg
  • Sodium: 100mg
  • Potassium: 80mg
  • Total Carbs: 21g
  • Fiber: 4g
  • Sugars: 6g
  • Protien: 5g
  • Ingredients: Whole: Hard Red Winter Wheat, Oats, Rye, Triticale, Barely, Long Grain Brown Rice, Buckwheat, Sesame Seeds, Brown Rice Syrup, Whole Almonds, Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Chicory Root Fiber, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Soy Protien Isolate, Honey, Whole Flax Seeds, Soy Grits, Corn Flour, Oat Fiber, Rice Starch, Corn Bran, Vegetable Glycerin, Molasses, salt, Natural Honey Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Peanut Flour, Whey, Annato Color
Not bad for a packaged product you buy in the grocery store. Ill grab a couple of these at work if Im in a pinch for carbs and I dont have any brown rice or oatmeal on hand.

BV

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I really like Kashi products and respect that company a lot. They use good ingredients..except soy perhaps..they avoid trans fats and high fructose corn syrup and they package it all in chipboard with a high post-consumer recycled waste content.

And somehow they keep their prices at or below the competition. Why can't other companies follow suit?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i eat their whole wheat waffles for breakast with some non-fat cool whip every morning, its good **** my friend.

nemuriko

Awards
I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch breakfast cereal with skim milk. Good Stuff. I'll have to tru the granola bars.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Thanks BigV. These look like a great thing to put in your pocket or keep in a desk.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
love em... don't eat them though... the bars at least.. you need to take a rest in the middle of it because your jaw hurts!... but actually.. on a side note.. I once ate a whole box of them, and not on a dare........ dont do that

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I really like a lot of Kashis products also...the waffles, the cereals...i have yet to try the bars though

i'll have to pick some up for munching on while i'm running around the office.

regards,
COTC

iwannagetbig

Board Supporter
Awards
I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch breakfast cereal with skim milk. Good Stuff. I'll have to tru the granola bars.
I cant find that stuff anywhere. Right now Im eating Weight Watchers Banana Almond.

zoomz

Awards
The original Kashi are still the best with very little carbs; then they come out with junk food like the go lean crunch.

Any product with 2:1 ratio of carbs to sugars is considered junk food. It's too bad because I did try the go lean crunch but like all high sugared products you start eating too much of it. Healthier would be a 4:1 or best 6:1...........I'll stick with old fashion oatmeal.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I bought some the other day after seeing this thread. They are actually very good! It'll definately be a regular in the cart from now on. They're not at all hard or time-consuming to chew, like most protein bars.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The original Kashi are still the best with very little carbs; then they come out with junk food like the go lean crunch.

Any product with 2:1 ratio of carbs to sugars is considered junk food. It's too bad because I did try the go lean crunch but like all high sugared products you start eating too much of it. Healthier would be a 4:1 or best 6:1...........I'll stick with old fashion oatmeal.
Not all sugars are created equal. Unfortunately I can't tell how good or bad the sugars in go lean crunch are.

zoomz

Awards
Not all sugars are created equal. Unfortunately I can't tell how good or bad the sugars in go lean crunch are.
I still think if you can tolerate hi GI foods like this then go for it as long as it falls within your total calories; most young guys can get away with it. But for me the taste was just too sweet.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I can't even deal with sugary foods anymore. Its like Ive lost my taste for them.

BV

Jblake

Awards
I wish they were made with whey instead of soy. I used to use soy isolate powder daily and I started getting gyno symptoms in my left nipple. Not everyone responds this way, I'm just extra sensitive to any sort of estrogenic activity. I get gyno symptoms on as little as 300mgs of test.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I thought soy isolate was devoid of all plant estrogens?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Kashi does make some quality products (btw they are a daughter company to kellogs) I love their granola bars, the flax seed one tastes great.

zoomz

Awards
Kashi does make some quality products (btw they are a daughter company to kellogs) I love their granola bars, the flax seed one tastes great.
That's right, I thought that Kellogs bought Kashi anyways not that important just interesting the the Go Lean Crunch came out when Kellog came on board.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok I bought some Go Lean Crunch today just to see how good it is. Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup? I couldn't find the GI index of it, but considering how far they go with the other carbohydrates I am willing to bet that it is not HI GI.

Either way, it tastes good, but sweet? Go Lean Crunch is opposite of 'sweet'... Grab a coke, that is sweet (yuk). I wonder what wouldn't be considered sweet

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i like the go lean crunch ceral, right out of the box :) YUMMY

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
wophood Recipes 20
ecu19 General Chat 30
LakeMountD General Chat 7
Iron Warrior Bulking 0