How do you Utilize the 3 hour window?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. separation of

do people not subscribe to separation of carb/fats here? i usually have protien/fat meals during the day and protein/carb at breakfast, PWO and PPWO. i was taught to never combine carbs and fats....expect on my cheat day.

2. I think most overlook the fact that liquid nutrition is going to enter the small intestine a lot quicker than a regular meal. It is more the form of the food which usually delays transit time from the stomach to the duodenum. There is only minimum amount of fat being hydrolyzed in the stomach so it will not really delay transit time significantly.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by boffo234
    I keep a relatively simple approach to training nutrition... sorta.

1.5 hours prior : 2whole eggs, 8egg whites, 1 cup oats
    30 Minutes pre-workout : 15g's whey
    Right before : BCAA's and Liver Tabs
    Right After : BCAA's and Liver Tabs, 45g Whey, 2.5 Packets Instant Flavored Oatmeal (decent mix of complex and simple carbs)
    1.5 Hour Later : 2cups FF Cottage cheese, 1 cup oats
    More power to you that you can keep that many eggs and oats down when you work out. If I did that I would pull a glenihan every time(yakking in the corner of the gym)

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

4. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    as soon as i get home from the gym .. which is about 20 minutes after my workout ends i have a shake which consists of 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup fat free yogurt, 1 cup water

1.5 hours later i have 10 oz of chicken with veggies and 2 tablespoons of natty PB

2 hours later (or right before i go to bed some times 3 hours later) i have 2 scoops of my nighttime protein, 1 cup of yogurt, and 2 tblspns of natty pb

don't forget or underestimate the importance of PRE workout nutrition .. its the same as my post workout meal and taken 1 hour before my workout
    Nice post Glen. My Pre and PWO are almost identical, I use 1 cup oats (w/ 8oz milk), 1.5 scoops whey (w/ 12oz milk) and some fruit. Just curious, what blend/brand do you use as your nighttime protein? I usually just eat a chicken sandwitch (canned) w/ some PB and high protein bread and chase it with some milk but I would like to incorporate a decent blend and heard good things about Xtreme Formulations.

5. i make a blend from proteinfactory.com .. 50% calcium casein, 30% MPI, 20% whey
    •   

6. OK, my nutrition plan is rather simple at the moment:

2h before: full meal (usually its lunch)
    30mins before: 25g whey hidrolyzed + 25g oats in a 50-50 mix of water and skimmed milk
    During workout: Either simple oligomineral water or EAA drink
    30mins after: 30g whey hidrolyzed + 30g vitargo (i'm in a low carb diet atm, otherwise all carb intakes would be double) in water:
    2h later: full meal P+C

I should fit a second protein shake after the first one but I usually end up to workout too late and I have to keep in time for dinner.

7. Not me GQ , i have never heard that before..who taught you ?

Quote Originally Posted by GQsuperman#2
    do people not subscribe to separation of carb/fats here? i usually have protien/fat meals during the day and protein/carb at breakfast, PWO and PPWO. i was taught to never combine carbs and fats....expect on my cheat day.

8. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Not me GQ , i have never heard that before..who taught you ?
    Its a principle of the Zone Diet. I think its not needed to follow strictly those guidelines, the key point is to make a certain meal MOSTLY P+ either carbs or fat, but still add a little quantity of the third macronutrient.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you measure the weight on a leg press?
    By glipp in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 07:52 PM
  2. How do you top the NP Exclusive Trinitine Deal?
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 06:34 PM
  3. how do you train the muscle inbetween the tricep and bicep?
    By stankydanky in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 01:19 AM
  5. How do you think the pro's cycle... they dont
    By BOVEY in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:08 PM