Tear this Diet Apart

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
I've decided to up my carbs and add them in for my first meal of the day, something I am not currently doing. I am usually sluggish during the day and feel hypo alot, most likely due to the restriction of carbs until PWO and PPWO. Here's an attempt to create a more balance diet. Feel free to critique this diet, it will be a cutting diet, however I am on a few PH's so I made an attempt to make the cal deficit about 200 cals or so. Hopefully resulting in a gain of some quality LBM. Here's the diet:

6:00am ECA/Acetyl L Carnitine/200g R-ALA

6:15am Cardio 45min

7:45am: ½ Cup Oats, 1 8oz Glass Skim Milk, 1 Banana, 10 Egg whites + 1 Whole Egg

65g Carb, 43g Protein, 4.5g Fat – 200mg R-ALA

10:15am: Whey Shake with Fat

43g Protein, 25g Fat

12:15pm: ECA/ Acetyl L Carnitine

12:45pm: Chicken Breast/ Green Veggies/ Cheese

43g Protein, 25g Fat

3:15pm: Oats/Protein Shake w/ Skim Milk

65g Carbs, 43g Protein

6:30pm: Work Out

7:45pm: PWO Shake Oats/Protein w Skim Milk

65g Carbs, 43 Protein w/ 200g R-ALA

9:00pm: PPWO meal Lean Meat w/ Low GI carb w/ Green Veggies

65g Carbs, 43 Protein

Totals: 260g Carbs, 258g Protein, 54.5g Fat = 2,562 kcal

All fats except lunch and breakfast will come from EFA’s (Flax Oil, Fish Oil, Almonds, Natty Peanut Butter)

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
drop the shake at 10:15, otherwise looks pretty good. what is your current weight?

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
220, bout 14% BF. However I was 215 a week ago before starting Prostanozol/Max LMG.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
drop the shake at 10:15, otherwise looks pretty good. what is your current weight?
Why drop the shake? A protein + fat meal is well suited for that time.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Derek, what did you think of the outlined diet?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Derek, what did you think of the outlined diet?
I think it is very solid. I would opt to add another whole egg with your egg meal (so, 2 whole eggs and 8 egg whites) because you are getting mostly omega-3 fatty acids eating the eggs will give you some Omega-6 and saturated fatty acids needed for optimal hormone (and cytokine/Prostaglandins) production. Your lean meat in your 9 PM meal should also help contribute to this. I would guess given your "supplements" you will gain some lean mass while losing a chunk of bodyfat.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff....I'll def add the egg, just didn't wanna combine too many fats and carbs. But since its a healthy fat there should be no worries, one more egg actually will help the taste tremendously as well.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
OMG I just have to say I admire your guys dedication to eating correctly.

I can't believe you guys are talking about adding or removing a SINGLE shake or real meal compared to a shake or adding a SINGLE egg. I mean really one medium egg doesn't even weigh the same as another medium egg so does it REALLY matter?

He probably is using a scoop to measure his protein so it isn't even exact so does it REALLY matter if he adds another shake or not.

DAMN I just noticed he didn't even say if he is using medium, large Xlarge or jumbo eggs so how can we make his diet anyways. :poke:

Do you REALLY think it matters. I mean come on you don't expend the same number of calores every day wo why do so many people care about getting the EXACT 'correct' amount of calories each day?

So if you get in an extra shake or egg or heaven for bid a piece of pizza IMO it REALLY isn't going to make a hill of beans in the end.

If I tried to be that strick to EXACTLY what to eat I would go insane after the first day.

Best of luck and keep us up to date on how it goes.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Crowler....Hilarious, I know its anal as all hell but I just liked to have things dialed in so I cna fine tune if I'm not seeing results one way or another. I think that yes a solid meal would be better but I'm gonna stick with the shake for now its easier.

DieTrying.....The Pre-WO meal would be the 3:15pm meal. I know there's sometime before then and when I lift so I'll prolly add some BCAA's pre work out with a shot of Hi GI carbs.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
i think he would benefit more from a solid meal rather than whey, what's your take on it?
I whole meal would definitely be more satisfying, but if he is eating every 2-3 hours, it really won't make a difference.

Giant, since you are cutting, I would opt for just some BCAA and skip on the dextrose. Your meal at 3:15 with the oats and the milk will keep your muscle glycogen and blood glucose levels stable, so there is really no need for the dextrose IMO.

Crowler- Oh that one egg will make a difference, just you wait and see :twisted:

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good...I'm already feelin 100% better on this diet than my previous Low-Carb....Energy is up and dammit I feel good. Will drop the dex and just do BCAA's! Thanks for the imput and pics will be up soon!

arlowf

Banned
Awards
I've decided to up my carbs and add them in for my first meal of the day, something I am not currently doing. I am usually sluggish during the day and feel hypo alot, most likely due to the restriction of carbs until PWO and PPWO. Here's an attempt to create a more balance diet. Feel free to critique this diet, it will be a cutting diet, however I am on a few PH's so I made an attempt to make the cal deficit about 200 cals or so. Hopefully resulting in a gain of some quality LBM. Here's the diet:

6:00am ECA/Acetyl L Carnitine/200g R-ALA

6:15am Cardio 45min

7:45am: ½ Cup Oats, 1 8oz Glass Skim Milk, 1 Banana, 10 Egg whites + 1 Whole Egg

Totals: 260g Carbs, 258g Protein, 54.5g Fat = 2,562 kcal

All fats except lunch and breakfast will come from EFA’s (Flax Oil, Fish Oil, Almonds, Natty Peanut Butter)
Really Good stuff man. My kind of diet, though a little high in the carbs for a cut IMO.

But why I really replied is because I highly recomend adding some L-Tyrosine in with that ECA/ALCAR/ALA stack. It would make a world of difference. And have you thought of getting some K-R-ALA from Nutraplanet? I know you said to rip apart your diet, but I there are so many supps you could add in, it was hard to resist just naming two. :)

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
I have 400mg of ALA from Kentnutrition which is about 200mg of R-ALA pre cap. So i usually dose by those guidelines. I'm gonna use all my pill first then prolly gonna just get some bulk K-R-ALA powder. Will def look into the L-Tyrosine though, thanks for the imput. By the way I was cutting previsouly on fewer carbs which were all after my workoput and I felt like **** all day long and no energy, I upped the carbs ate them throughout the daya nd I'm feelin much much better.