Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Have any of you used this diet/routine before? I have seen great results and feedback on it, and was thinking of running it for the last 3 weeks of my cycle to shred up a bit..

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
I did it for 4 weeks and went from 240 to 230, and lost very little if any LBM. 4 weeks was all I could stand though.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did it for 4 weeks and went from 240 to 230, and lost very little if any LBM. 4 weeks was all I could stand though.
Did you follow the 4 day full body workout routine? I would like to try the UD2 but don't really like to have a full body workout 4 times a week.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Did you follow the 4 day full body workout routine? I would like to try the UD2 but don't really like to have a full body workout 4 times a week.
Yes I did. If you read Lyle's article on it he explains why.

I wasn't very fond of them at first, but I felt like I responded really well to the full body workouts (especially my legs) and have kept doing them although with less volume.

I will probably cycle between full body workouts and more traditional splits from now on.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've done it. It worked awesome. I gained a noticeable amount of muscle while losing several percentage points of fat.

It has been my most successful natural cut to date.

It is a major bitch to implement and find time to do though, (and you will probably feel like ****).

Also note, I was a mediocore responder to typical CKD's and TKD's.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I had great results. Gained strength while on it, preserved LBM, and lost pure fat - with a lot of loss around my midsection.

Here's my final summary after 5 weeks:

My Lyle McDonald Ultimate Diet 2.0 Final Analysis

I have completed 5 Weeks of UD2.0 which included one off week due to getting ill. (It caused me to miss depletion workouts and as such threw off the whole carb-load that week).

At any rate, the final results for 5 Weeks (which is really 4 weeks of progress):

Starting Bodyfat = 11.5%
Ending Bodyfat = 9.7%
>> Lost 1.8% bf

Starting Weight = 182.2
Ending Weight = 175.0
>> Lost 7.2 pounds!

Starting Waist = 35.5 inches
Ending Waist = 33.25 inches
>> Lost 2.25 inches!

Subjective Feedback:

Overall, I was real happy with the diet / program. I think it yielded great results, and if I weren't so tired of cutting (and looking better than expected at this point in time), I would definitely keep doing it. The diet was easy to stick too because I had a carb-load right around the corner at any given time, followed by normal / balanced eating for 2 days. The workouts were brutal, but proved successful. I gained some strength on the power workouts, which is hard to do while cutting, so I was pleased with that.

So I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a new approach to cutting. However, it's a 'packaged deal' - to make this diet effective, you definitely have to follow the workouts as prescribed.

You can read my log during the 5 weeks here.

deech

Board Supporter
Awards
I did it for 6 weeks a couple of months ago. Here were my results. I screwed off a little the last week.

I works better than any other diet I've tried, but it's not easy. A good appetite suppressant is helpful on the 3 low cal days.

3/21 Start 0 187.0 lbs 13.50%BF 25.2fbm 161.8 lbm
3/28 Week1 186.5 lbs 12.90%BF 24.1fbm 162.4 lbm
4/04 Week2 184.5 lbs 12.56%BF 23.2fbm 161.3 lbm
4/11 Week3 183.0 lbs 11.96%BF 21.9fbm 161.1 lbm
4/18 Week4 181.0 lbs 10.74%BF 19.4fbm 161.6 lbm
4/25 Week5 179.0 lbs 09.65%BF 17.3fbm 161.7 lbm
5/02 Week6 180.0 lbs 08.87%BF 16.0fbm 164.0 lbm (FINAL UPDATE)

Here's my log if you want more info.

http://forums.1fast400.com/?showtopic=13043