Dont wanna Be Fat Again

S

Scalizi

Awards
I am a newb here (please take it ez on me) and I have been perusing the forums and have already learned so much from many of the threads here on this site.

I have always been a "bigger" kind of guy, 25 years old, 6'0 with a barrell-chested football-lineman type body, but recently went on a strict diet and went from 240 lbs. to 190 lbs. in the course of 5 months.

I enjoy my new "slimmer" physique, but I am looking to make sure all future gains will be in the form of muscle and not fat. I still have some stubborn fat in my belly and chest that I would like to eliminate completely, but I feel it is mostly loose skin from the rapid weight loss and would be remedied if i were to gain back some weight with added muscle mass.

My question is what would be the best diet to promote mass gains without getting "fat" again.

Here is an example of my daily diet.

Breakfast
*Glass of nonfat milk
*4 egg whites(poached)
*2 whole wheat toast
*1 cup quick oats w/ cinnamon
*1 serving low-fat cottage cheese

Lunch
*2 tuna sandwiches(1 can tuna,2 tbsp reduced fat mayo,4 slices whole wheat bread)
*1 serving vegetable soup
*1 medium sized baked potato

Snack
*couple hanfulls of raisins or mixed nuts
*apple or fresh orange
*glass of fruit juice (varies)

Dinner
*Boneless/skinless chicken breast
*Diced tomatoes
*1 cup cooked pasta
*vegetables(varies)
*Glass of nonfat milk

Post-Workout
*Carnation Instant Breakfast
*2 Whole wheat toast w/Peanut Butter
*apple or fresh orange

I also try to drink a gallon of water daily and start my day with a multi-vitamin.

Any thoughts or ideas to improve the diet are appreciated.

B

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am a newb here (please take it ez on me) and I have been perusing the forums and have already learned so much from many of the threads here on this site.

I have always been a "bigger" kind of guy, 25 years old, 6'0 with a barrell-chested football-lineman type body, but recently went on a strict diet and went from 240 lbs. to 190 lbs. in the course of 5 months.

I enjoy my new "slimmer" physique, but I am looking to make sure all future gains will be in the form of muscle and not fat. I still have some stubborn fat in my belly and chest that I would like to eliminate completely, but I feel it is mostly loose skin from the rapid weight loss and would be remedied if i were to gain back some weight with added muscle mass.

My question is what would be the best diet to promote mass gains without getting "fat" again.

Here is an example of my daily diet.

Breakfast
*Glass of nonfat milk
*4 egg whites(poached)
*2 whole wheat toast

Lunch
*2 tuna sandwiches(1 can tuna,2 tbsp reduced fat mayo,4 slices whole wheat bread)
*1 serving vegetable soup
*1 medium sized baked potato

Snack
*couple hanfulls of raisins or mixed nuts
*apple or fresh orange
*glass of fruit juice (varies)

Dinner
*Boneless/skinless chicken breast
*Diced tomatoes
*1 cup cooked pasta
*vegetables(varies)
*Glass of nonfat milk

Post-Workout
*Carnation Instant Breakfast
*2 Whole wheat toast w/Peanut Butter
*apple or fresh orange

I also try to drink a gallon of water daily and start my day with a multi-vitamin.

Any thoughts or ideas to improve the diet are appreciated.

I would say to add protein and cut out the juice.

S

Scalizi

Awards
Thanks man. Just bought a tank of Whey Protein yesterday and will be working that in on Monday. I'll kill the juice...good to know I'm kinda on the right path. Thanks again.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks good to me. You need to consume 40 or more grams of whey protein after workout, and I would move all the fruit juice to that meal as well. Fruit juice is not bad, it just needs to be consumed at the right times. Also, eliminate the PB from post workout and move it to before bedtime snack, because high GI carbs (fruit juice) and fat together are a no-no.

I would also substitute the baked potato for lentils of some kind, and, if you want to get serious, you could sub the pasta as well. Main idea here is to make your diet completely low GI, making it hard for your body to accumulate excess unused food energy as fat.

That water and multi are essential as well... also don't forget 5 days a week of cardio! 45 minute brisk walk on an incline on a treadmill in the morning, before your first meal.

S

Scalizi

Awards
Thanks for the advice...very helpful guys...must admit I have been slacking on the cardio for the past couple weeks...thanks for the interesting suggestions

B

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Even when I am bulking now, I do 1 hour of cardio a day. Done right an hour burns an extra 800+ calories. It will be hard to gain fat with it. It will give you a window to add extra protein and still won't put you in calorie excess.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Good for you Sca :) Keep up the good work, cardio, and vary it.......keep it interesting/challengeing so you will want to do it.......I do spin, class( teach it) bike outside, walk the track, cross trainer..and you name it.........Congrads again..be proud !!!!!

H

hugegod43

Banned
Awards
don't neglect your workouts, if you go harder you won't get fat. Take less time between sets too to burn fat. No nutrition advice here your diet looks better than mine :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Damn you got me hungry looking at your menu.

I hate preparing things so I never have anything like

Glass of nonfat milk
*4 egg whites(poached)
*2 whole wheat toast

lol

Good job keep it up.

CROWLER