Daily carb tapering?

1. board observer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.11%

Daily carb tapering?

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Basically, you have a high carb&protein breakfast w/ very little if any fat, more carb/protein meals through lunch and around your workout, then switch to healthy fat/protein/veggie meals for dinner and before bed time. I'm not sure if the point is really to avoid carbs at night, but more to avoid fats in the morning, around workout times, and with high carb meals.

I guess the only reason I'm interested is because I don't know how else to improve my nutrtition. Basically eat enough calories at roughly 40/40/20, low GI carbs, very little saturated fat, and a good amount of fruits and veggies.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Basically, you have a high carb&protein breakfast w/ very little if any fat, more carb/protein meals through lunch and around your workout, then switch to healthy fat/protein/veggie meals for dinner and before bed time. I'm not sure if the point is really to avoid carbs at night, but more to avoid fats in the morning, around workout times, and with high carb meals.

I guess the only reason I'm interested is because I don't know how else to improve my nutrtition. Basically eat enough calories at roughly 40/40/20, low GI carbs, very little saturated fat, and a good amount of fruits and veggies.
    Bump?
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I don't have any sort of research based explanation for your plan, but I do know that that is the type of layout that is suggested by a Men's Health cover model, Owen McKibbin or something like that. The idea is to consume carbs when you'll need them, during the day and around your workout. As a rule, keep the carbs low GI.

Of course, I have never seen anything that conclusively says that carbs eaten at night promotes fat storage.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.67%

I normally follow this same routine of protein/carbs early in the day and protein/fat later in the day. I restrict carbs at night totally, unless I am at a party or something. Again, I have no studies to back up my reasoning for this, just an accepted practice I guess. I am curious to hear what the real experts say though.....
  5. Really Really Good Looking
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.24%

Carbs at night make you fat is nothing more than a fairytale.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbs Daily For A Ecto's Bulk??
    By just93 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 05:47 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:59 PM
  4. Carb sensistive after keto diet?
    By lbm4life in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2