Carbs?

steve_81

Awards
Are liquid carbs equivalent to dry carbs? For example, right now I trying to take in 345g of carbs per day, so when I drink a 32oz gatorade, it contains 56g of carbs, so do I add that up the same way I would had I eaten rice or wheat bread?

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
Still have to account for simple and complex carbs though.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
yea, but you wouldnt want to take in sugar/simiple carbohydrate for the majority of your carb intake.
Sage

steve_81

Awards
Yeah, thanks for the replies guys. I'm just trying to get this whole nutrition thing down. Heck, I barely learned how to calculate my maintaince calorie intake based on lifting 4 days per week, and 3 days a week of cardio. But at least now I have something to work with. By the way, the only time I take in those simple carbs are immediately postworkout or postcardio.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I would listen to the second and third responses. IMO your body is NOT going to treat gatorade the same way it will treat raw oats.

CROWLER

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I would listen to the second and third responses. IMO your body is NOT going to treat gatorade the same way it will treat raw oats.

CROWLER
Agreed.

Try a search on Low GI carbs. That should get you schooled. ;)

youi09

Board Supporter
Awards
who said it would treat it the same way? he asked essentially if 50 carbs of gatorade equals 50 carb of rice, yes it does.

will it have the same effect on your body, of course not.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Agreed.

Try a search on Low GI carbs. That should get you schooled. ;)
Lean One have you ever seen where a study was done on the GI of combigning foods? I have always wondered about it such as what is the GI if you combine cheese and a simple carb. Is the over all GI lower then the simple carb but higher then the cheese etc.

Crowler

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Lean One have you ever seen where a study was done on the GI of combigning foods? I have always wondered about it such as what is the GI if you combine cheese and a simple carb. Is the over all GI lower then the simple carb but higher then the cheese etc.

Crowler
Basicly yes. Any time you add protein fat or fiber to any carb it alters the GI/Load.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23