'Clean' eating diet routine

Head Nurse

Awards
I have a strange question....Been doing the clean diet thing,but I'm getting bored. I need spices......Can you add spices and still get the same effects????

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Cinnamonn and all different types of pepper will keep your diet clean. Plus side is that they are both natural fat burners.

BP

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Spices are great. No reason whatsoever to avoid them.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Tony Chachere's Original Creole seasoning is a personal favorite.

Head Nurse

Awards
Cool......are all the peppers the same??? what about herbs like- basil, oregano?? oh what about curry??? I've been dying for hot curried chicken.....

btw I make everything from scratch nothing processed

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I throw anything but salt on my meats. Sometimes I'll use salt, but it'll bloat the **** out of you :p

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
If you like curry that is a good one. Contains tumeric which is a natural anti-inflammatory. I like the Madras type and it is cheap cheap in the local Asian markets.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Tony Chachere's Original Creole seasoning is a personal favorite.
I was going to mention the same thing. There's a hot sauce store near me that sells all his spices. Every one of them is great. Louisianna style hot sauce is also great on chicken and it has minimal caloric content. When I put this certain version of Louisianna hot sauce on chicken I can't stop eating it. It tastes way, way too good.

When eating clean you should always look up things like "fresh" recipes, and you can find stuff and then mix and match and create your own meals. For example, one of my favorite meals is pico de gallo chicken. Just make a bunch of fresh pico de gallo salsa, which is really just diced, seeded tomatos, diced onions and cilantro. Maybe a little lemon or lime juice to taste and help preserve it a bit longer. Cook up some chicken, chop it up and mix the two. You end up with one of the greatest tasting salads on the planet. In fact, most types of salsa go very well with chicken and fish. For example grouper and salmon go very well with fruit salsas.

Try this for a dish. Get yourself a salmon filet. Make this on the side: diced or sliced apples, mixed nuts, diced banana and pineapple flavored hot sauce, which is fairly easy to find. You can eliminate the banana if you like. You can put the fruit/nut mix over the salmon and cook them together, or eat it uncooked along side the fish, which is the healthier option. Tastes incredible, has literally a shitload of protein, healthy fats and good carbs if you choose your ingredients right.

Head Nurse

Awards
I hear that shark is good in stir fry with cayan pepper.......I'll have to try it and let you guys know

Head Nurse

Awards
I was going to mention the same thing. There's a hot sauce store near me that sells all his spices. Every one of them is great. Louisianna style hot sauce is also great on chicken and it has minimal caloric content. When I put this certain version of Louisianna hot sauce on chicken I can't stop eating it. It tastes way, way too good.

When eating clean you should always look up things like "fresh" recipes, and you can find stuff and then mix and match and create your own meals. For example, one of my favorite meals is pico de gallo chicken. Just make a bunch of fresh pico de gallo salsa, which is really just diced, seeded tomatos, diced onions and cilantro. Maybe a little lemon or lime juice to taste and help preserve it a bit longer. Cook up some chicken, chop it up and mix the two. You end up with one of the greatest tasting salads on the planet. In fact, most types of salsa go very well with chicken and fish. For example grouper and salmon go very well with fruit salsas.

Try this for a dish. Get yourself a salmon filet. Make this on the side: diced or sliced apples, mixed nuts, diced banana and pineapple flavored hot sauce, which is fairly easy to find. You can eliminate the banana if you like. You can put the fruit/nut mix over the salmon and cook them together, or eat it uncooked along side the fish, which is the healthier option. Tastes incredible, has literally a shitload of protein, healthy fats and good carbs if you choose your ingredients right.

Hey thanks...I'll try this one tomorrow night

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Put a little fresh dill on that shark and watch out!

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
My dad's friend, who I guess is also my friend, had some shark left over (like a small steak, maybe 4 ounces) and just wanted to fix it for me because he knew I'd never tried any before. All he did was grill it, add a little lemon pepper seasoning, and top it off with a few sprigs of dill. He's Mexican and grew up with his mother teaching him a lot of her recipes.

Head Nurse

Awards
That's cool........was hopeing it was on the web somewhere...I'm looking for more recipes. Thanks for the tips.......

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bump on the MSG. Scientists use that in diet experiments to induce obesity. Just watch for Monosodium Glutamate and any hydrolysed proteins (another name for MSG) on the label.

Head Nurse

Awards
Are there any others I should watch out for????

Head Nurse

Awards
Just went out to that site........WOW thanks!!!!!!!