Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm beginning a cutting phase and have put together the following diet. I have it down to 2700 calories and I'm trying to figure out where to cut some more out. I am using Alan's guidlelines for pre and post workout nutrition and that time frame contains a very large percentage of my calories.

I am 23 yrs old, 5'10, 175, approx. 14% bf. I want to get down to 9%.

My diet is as follows. What recommendations would you guys make? Keep in mind I've been bulking and just came off a diet of about 3300 cals a day.

Calories Protein Carbs Fat

Meal 1
egg whites 170 25 0 0
1 cup skim milk 80 8 11 0
1/2 cup oats 150 5 27 3
3g fish oil 30 0 0 3
Meal 1 Total 430 38 38 6

Meal 2 PreWO
25g isopure whey 105 25 3 0

1 cup oats 300 10 60 6
Meal 2 Total 405 35 63 6

Meal 3 PostWO
1.6 scoops of whey 165 40 2 0
1.5 cups quick oats 450 15 81 9

Meal 3 Total 615 55 83 9

Meal 4
6oz tuna 150 32 0 3
1 cup spinach 10 0 5 0
1/4 cup oats 75 2.5 13.5 1.5
3g fish oil 30 0 0 3

Meal 4 Total 265 34.5 18.5 7.5

Meal 5
6oz tuna 150 32 0 3
Meal 5 Total 225 34.5 13.5 4.5

Meal 6 PreGame
1/2 oz peanuts 85 4 2.5 9
13g whey 55 13 1 0
Meal 6 Total 215 19.5 17 3

Meal 7 Post game
tuna/beef/chicken 150 32 0 3
Meal 7 Total 225 34.5 13.5 4.5

Meal 8 PreBed shake
2 cups FFCC 160 28 14 0
13g whey 55 13 2 0
1/2 oz peanuts 85 4 2.5 9
3g fish oil 30 0 0 3
Meal 8 Total 330 45 18.5 12

DAILY TOTAL 2710 296 265 52.5

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And I thought I ate a lot of oats!!! :rofl: You got me beat into oblivion bro!

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Cals look about right, but cut out the oats except for breakfast pre-wo and post-wo. Also what game are you playing? Depending on the aerobic activity going on you might not want to put in the oats pre/post game or at least cut one out. Some more info would be great. :)

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cals look about right, but cut out the oats except for breakfast pre-wo and post-wo. Also what game are you playing? Depending on the aerobic activity going on you might not want to put in the oats pre/post game or at least cut one out. Some more info would be great. :)
I am playing baseball. So I would say moderate aerobic activity maybe lower.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
No need for the oates pre-game or post-game or even any other meals besides breakfast pre and post, and if you do want to have some carbs, then add in some rice cakes. But drop the carbs down to say 60 breakfast 30 pre 80 post. Then add in like 12-15 each of the other meals, rice cakes FF milk etc.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I would say the main issue is that your diet looks boring man. Eat some real food! There are tons of tasty things you can eat that don't suck (like the oats, broccoli, canned tuna, egg whites ad nauseum diet - I think a lot of bodybuilders must really hate themselves to do that every day). Check out some of the recipes at www.whfoods.org and see if any of them appeal to you.

Edit: url corrected, thanks magick.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would say the main issue is that your diet looks boring man. Eat some real food! There are tons of tasty things you can eat that don't suck (like the oats, broccoli, canned tuna, egg whites ad nauseum diet - I think a lot of bodybuilders must really hate themselves to do that every day). Check out some of the recipes at www.whfoods.org and see if any of them appeal to you.

Edit: url corrected, thanks magick.
That is an exceptionally good website.

I tell ya what, the reason my diet is so damn boring is because I'll be living out of various hotels until September (I'm traveling for work). I don't always have a fridge and when I don't, I settle for a cooler with ice that does an OKAY job.

What I REALLY need are ideas for foods that are easy to travel with. I'm willing to be creative. For example, I buy the egg whites when I get into the city. I then put them in this glass pie plate I bought and cook them in the microwave at the hotel. I then do my dishes in the bathroom sink (kitchen sink if I'm lucky enough to have a suite).

Thank you so far for the replies.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
That is an exceptionally good website.

I tell ya what, the reason my diet is so damn boring is because I'll be living out of various hotels until September (I'm traveling for work). I don't always have a fridge and when I don't, I settle for a cooler with ice that does an OKAY job.

What I REALLY need are ideas for foods that are easy to travel with. I'm willing to be creative. For example, I buy the egg whites when I get into the city. I then put them in this glass pie plate I bought and cook them in the microwave at the hotel. I then do my dishes in the bathroom sink (kitchen sink if I'm lucky enough to have a suite).

Thank you so far for the replies.
I'd suggest low fat canned chili, salad mixes with some of that pre-cooked chicken breast, scrambled eggs (2 eggs and 2 whites works great) and sprouted grain toast or french toast with sugar free syrup. Trader joes has lots of great frozen or canned foods that are actually quite healthy, you just have to look at the labels for a lot of things and find them. Be nice to yourself man, you deserve better than egg whites, oatmeal and whey protein every day (unless you're a bad person, then eat that **** bitch! :D )

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest low fat canned chili, salad mixes with some of that pre-cooked chicken breast, scrambled eggs (2 eggs and 2 whites works great) and sprouted grain toast or french toast with sugar free syrup. Trader joes has lots of great frozen or canned foods that are actually quite healthy, you just have to look at the labels for a lot of things and find them. Be nice to yourself man, you deserve better than egg whites, oatmeal and whey protein every day (unless you're a bad person, then eat that **** bitch! :D )
pasteurized egg whites just throw some tang or crystal light with them and drink, canned chicken, low-fat turkey chili, multi-grain bagels are great splenda & sugar, um I can't think of anything esle right now but I'll keep you informed.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bohica and Exnihilo, thanks for the ideas! If you think of any others I would love to hear them.

I have never seen the salad mix with chicken already added but I will look for that. Also, I love chili so you've got me looking foward to that now. And plus, I always have the whole "am i consuming too much mercury?" thing in the back of my mind with all the tuna I'm eating. Also, that bagel will sure taste good in the morning along with some egg yolks...

By the way, cutting SUCKS, oats SUCK, tuna SUCKS, and egg whites SUCK. Just needed to get that off my chest :D The things we do to meet goals...

But you guys are right, cutting doesn't have to mean eating boring foods. I will no doubt be making a trip to the store in the very near future.

jon38

jon38

Awards
Fat free cottage cheese powdered peanut butter and chocolate whey protein splenda tastes like a resses cup and almost pure protein