"Dead" skin after weight loss

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Trying to get rid of loose/extra skin?? Dude just water fast or dry fast, your body will eat that **** away... granted it may not all go in one fast but a few times and youíre golden.
    I been following this dude on YouTube for a few months, the channel is called SnakeDiet. The guy knows what heís talking about... heís pretty shredded and strong af for his weight and he has a bunch of evidence and results. Also he is a personal trainer and has dealt with this kind of stuff..
    Hope his videos help you out man!

2. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    Trying to get rid of loose/extra skin?? Dude just water fast or dry fast, your body will eat that **** away... granted it may not all go in one fast but a few times and you’re golden.
    I been following this dude on YouTube for a few months, the channel is called SnakeDiet. The guy knows what he’s talking about... he’s pretty shredded and strong af for his weight and he has a bunch of evidence and results. Also he is a personal trainer and has dealt with this kind of stuff..
    Hope his videos help you out man!
    Bro, the guy sells something called ‘snake juice’? Credibility through the floor when I saw that.

And fasting to get rid of loose skin? I have no idea what possible scientific explanation there is for that statement but I’m sure it’s wrong.

You can’t get ‘rid’ of loose skin without surgery. It’s elasticity can be improved thus reducing the ‘loose’ appearance but that involves collagen, not fasting.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Bro, the guy sells something called Ďsnake juiceí? Credibility through the floor when I saw that.

And fasting to get rid of loose skin? I have no idea what possible scientific explanation there is for that statement but Iím sure itís wrong.

You canít get Ďridí of loose skin without surgery. Itís elasticity can be improved thus reducing the Ďlooseí appearance but that involves collagen, not fasting.
    Actually fasting would be a way to potentially rid the body of loose skin. The body will take protein from unnecessary sources(loose skin) for gluconeogenisis before muscle and organ tissue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Bro, the guy sells something called Ďsnake juiceí? Credibility through the floor when I saw that.

And fasting to get rid of loose skin? I have no idea what possible scientific explanation there is for that statement but Iím sure itís wrong.

You canít get Ďridí of loose skin without surgery. Itís elasticity can be improved thus reducing the Ďlooseí appearance but that involves collagen, not fasting.
    What is SnakeJuice? Just because it sounds funny donít knock it till youíve tried it... itís just electrolytes potassium and sodium lmao did you have enough time to actually watch a single vid or nahh just jump to conclusion and whip up some bro science...
    Google AUTOPHAGY and READ a few articles and studies first and youíll see this is the fundamental principle behind the SnakeDiet channel.

5. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Actually fasting would be a way to potentially rid the body of loose skin. The body will take protein from unnecessary sources(loose skin) for gluconeogenisis before muscle and organ tissue.
    Really, could you provide any form of scientific study to back this up?

Honestly I’m not even sure where to start with that statement but needless to say I disagree with it lol

Your basically saying the body will use skin as fuel, come on bro you can’t believe that?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    What is SnakeJuice? Just because it sounds funny don’t knock it till you’ve tried it... it’s just electrolytes potassium and sodium lmao did you have enough time to actually watch a single vid or nahh just jump to conclusion and whip up some bro science...
    Google AUTOPHAGY and READ a few articles and studies first and you’ll see this is the fundamental principle behind the SnakeDiet channel.
    Anyone who has financial gain from proposing a way of eating never gives a balanced view imo. How can you trust someone with a financial agenda?

You also believe that the Herbalife special blend of products is the only way to lose weight and be healthy? Of course not, it’s just protein and fibre.

I get annoyed when people take standard nutrients, brand them and then sell them as a silver bullet to people who don’t know better.

7. Snake juice?
    Name:  A94B2A3A-8228-44B2-B9AE-C0510A5C7B20-1093-000000D62EF943E4.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  14.6 KB
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Snake juice?
    Name:  A94B2A3A-8228-44B2-B9AE-C0510A5C7B20-1093-000000D62EF943E4.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  14.6 KB
    Honestly wouldn’t be surprised- the 2 day fast is also to ‘detox’ and rid the body of toxins - you need a fast to rid your body of toxins you need a doctor cause your liver and kidneys are fcuked lol

9. Also, as someone who owns snakes, calling something a snake diet makes me immediately think of eating a massive meal once a week. Is that what theyíre going for?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Also, as someone who owns snakes, calling something a snake diet makes me immediately think of eating a massive meal once a week. Is that what theyíre going for?
    Yep thatís the idea, itís a fasting focused lifestyle.. eat a big meal and fast for 22 hours maybe longer sometimes.. itís not a cookie cutter diet.
    But that **** works and the benefits are there.. thereís a lot Iím not mentioning.

11. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    Yep that’s the idea, it’s a fasting focused lifestyle.. eat a big meal and fast for 22 hours maybe longer sometimes.. it’s not a cookie cutter diet.
    But that **** works and the benefits are there.. there’s a lot I’m not mentioning.
    Fasting I have no issues with, lots of science showing potential benefits of IF (not a eating style that works for me but doesn’t mean I don’t believe it can work).

However, it doesn’t ‘get rid’ of loose skin

12. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Anyone who has financial gain from proposing a way of eating never gives a balanced view imo. How can you trust someone with a financial agenda?

You also believe that the Herbalife special blend of products is the only way to lose weight and be healthy? Of course not, itís just protein and fibre.

I get annoyed when people take standard nutrients, brand them and then sell them as a silver bullet to people who donít know better.
    Who said anything about financial gain?? Itís based on fasting how does he or any companies make money if your not eating or drinking anything smh.
    Clearly you havenít checked out a single thing that me or Thor mentioned above.

Stop making assumptions brah what herbal life products?? No one mentioned anything even close to that.

Sorry Iím not going to do your research for you. Thor mentioned Gluconeogenesis and I said Autophagy.
    Do what you want from this point.

13. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    Who said anything about financial gain?? Itís based on fasting how does he or any companies make money if your not eating or drinking anything smh.
    Clearly you havenít checked out a single thing that me or Thor mentioned above.

Stop making assumptions brah what herbal life products?? No one mentioned anything even close to that.

Sorry Iím not going to do your research for you. Thor mentioned Gluconeogenesis and I said Autophagy.
    Do what you want from this point.
    Didnít you say he sells SnakeJuice?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  14. "Dead" skin after weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Didnít you say he sells SnakeJuice?
    Nope.. thatís what Whisky said or was assuming.
    He doesnít sell anything not even
    t shirts lmaooo. You make your own Snake juice at home..
    itís just Potassium and salt with water bro

15. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    Nope.. thatís what Whisky said or was assuming.
    He doesnít sell anything not even
    itís just Potassium and salt with water bro
    Ok. I assumed it was some product the way it was being discussed.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    Nope.. that’s what Whisky said or was assuming.
    He doesn’t sell anything not even
    it’s just Potassium and salt with water bro
    I can admit having looked closer that he doesn’t sell snake juice, my error, he tells you how to make it (that’s a sh1t tonne of sodium he suggests you drink)

However you can buy his t shirts for $40 on his website here bro, so don’t tell me money isn’t involved (there’s also people making a load on u tube videos by the way)

https://www.snakediet.com/merchandise

The statement that I had most issue with was the ‘getting rid’ of loose skin and the crazy comment about skin being used as fuel over muscle etc - that’s just bull**** and as someone who has bad loose skin (and has spent hours and hours looking at ways to reduce it) it’s irresponsible that suggest to the op that this bat **** crazy diet will do that in any way.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I can admit having looked closer that he doesnít sell snake juice, my error, he tells you how to make it (thatís a sh1t tonne of sodium he suggests you drink)

However you can buy his t shirts for $40 on his website here bro, so donít tell me money isnít involved (thereís also people making a load on u tube videos by the way)

The statement that I had most issue with was the Ďgetting ridí of loose skin and the crazy comment about skin being used as fuel over muscle etc - thatís just bull**** and as someone who has bad loose skin (and has spent hours and hours looking at ways to reduce it) itís irresponsible that suggest to the op that this bat **** crazy diet will do that in any way.
    Thatís not the point, great he sells T-shirtís.. I wouldnít know because I watch his videos and he never mentions it.
    Point is you donít want to come with an open mind and learn something new. You havenít even attempted to research the keywords from above. You just glance over so you can get another response in on this post.

Brah not sure why you canít just sit through and read up seeing as youíve ďspent hours and hours looking to reduce itĒ. If you feel some type of way towards the first channel I recommended then follow ďA Healthy AlternativeĒ on YouTube....Fat people who lost loads of weight, have no loose skin and if they do are using fasting to get rid of it.
    Water fasting and dry fasting will help with loose skin... you obviously arenít going to listen.

For OP, Simone check it out bro. Results talk bull**** walks.

18. Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFreak View Post
    Thatís not the point, great he sells T-shirtís.. I wouldnít know because I watch his videos and he never mentions it.
    Point is you donít want to come with an open mind and learn something new. You havenít even attempted to research the keywords from above. You just glance over so you can get another response in on this post.

Brah not sure why you canít just sit through and read up seeing as youíve ďspent hours and hours looking to reduce itĒ. If you feel some type of way towards the first channel I recommended then follow ďA Healthy AlternativeĒ on YouTube....Fat people who lost loads of weight, have no loose skin and if they do are using fasting to get rid of it.
    Water fasting and dry fasting will help with loose skin... you obviously arenít going to listen.

For OP, Simone check it out bro. Results talk bull**** walks.
    And your background in this field is what? How much fat have you loss and had skin tighten backup? You wanna bash someone thats lost a ton of weight. What have you done?
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

19. Was always heavy growing up - lost mass amounts of weight many times and gained back more each time. At 26 yrs I was 400lbs and 5'7" with a 56" waste. Someone explained to me that muscle burns calories and that the slower I lose weight the more muscle I will retain. I went on to lose 270lbs slowly over 4 years. I had some loose skin at the base of the abdomen which I did get removed. No other loose skin anywhere - to speak of except the inside of my legs. I should post before and after pics. Slow loss is the key to less loose skin along with lots of exercise and water. I am now 50 yrs and 240lbs and about 17% bodyfat. I can eat what I want when I want. Anyone who loses allot of weight and does it quick or even somewhat quick is left with a lowered (damaged) metabolism that will lead to them gfaining even more weight.

20. Quote Originally Posted by bigsmall View Post
    Was always heavy growing up - lost mass amounts of weight many times and gained back more each time. At 26 yrs I was 400lbs and 5'7" with a 56" waste. Someone explained to me that muscle burns calories and that the slower I lose weight the more muscle I will retain. I went on to lose 270lbs slowly over 4 years. I had some loose skin at the base of the abdomen which I did get removed. No other loose skin anywhere - to speak of except the inside of my legs. I should post before and after pics. Slow loss is the key to less loose skin along with lots of exercise and water. I am now 50 yrs and 240lbs and about 17% bodyfat. I can eat what I want when I want. Anyone who loses allot of weight and does it quick or even somewhat quick is left with a lowered (damaged) metabolism that will lead to them gfaining even more weight.
    You should post before and afters in the Nuudddzzz bank that was set up for motivation of others. There are a ton of us in there. That weren't small when we started. But, we are doing great now

21. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    You should post before and afters in the Nuudddzzz bank that was set up for motivation of others. There are a ton of us in there. That weren't small when we started. But, we are doing great now
    Where can I find Nuudddzzz bank?

22. Quote Originally Posted by bigsmall View Post
    Where can I find Nuudddzzz bank?
    Nuuudzzz Bank

23. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    ty Cowboy

24. Quote Originally Posted by bigsmall View Post
    ty Cowboy
    No problem brother

25. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    And your background in this field is what? How much fat have you loss and had skin tighten backup? You wanna bash someone thats lost a ton of weight. What have you done?
    Whatís your background huh? Whatís your fat loss and had skin tighten up? Whats your favorite color? Whatís your social security bro?
    No ones bashing anyone for losing weight thatís a great thing, stop being so emotional and think logically.

Iíve lost over 50lbs and 32lb were in the first month... so yeah I think I have some valid input. Iím just trying to help OP.
    Good luck with your fitness journey bud.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ADD muscle after weight loss
    By ns107m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 03:29 AM
  2. ADD muscle after weight loss
    By ns107m in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 10:32 PM
  3. Adding muscle after weight loss
    By ns107m in forum Training Forum