Fat & Chicken Breasts - AnabolicMinds.com

Fat & Chicken Breasts

1. Board Supporter

Fat & Chicken Breasts

The boneless, skinless chicken breasts I get say that there are 7g of fat / chicken breast (196g). How much of that fat am I eliminating per breast by taking scissors and trimming all the visible fat and gristle off the breast before cooking it, and cooking it on a foreman grill?

2. Senior Member

Well, that's hard to say. If you wanted precise numbers, you could weigh the fat that you cut off of the chicken breast, then collect the residue from cooking and seperate out the water and lipids by chromatography and weigh the lipid portion. Do that for ten or twenty chicken breasts and you would have a fairly accurate average number that you could write down in your little P/C/F calorie journal.

You should probably also spend a several hours immobile in an oxygen chamber to determine your BMR, and have the oxygen content of the air you exhale measured to determine how many calories you are burning during all your normal exercise/cardio sessions. You should also wear a heart rate monitor and step counter to try and get an exact idea of how many calories you are burning doing normal daily activities.

Or you could not be silly and focus on lifting weights, do some form of fun engaging cardio for 30-60 minutes 4-6 times a week and eat foods you know are healthy (chicken breasts with the fat cut off - healthy). Then, voila, slowly increase or decrease portion size of the foods you are eating depending on your goals and the results you are seeing.
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Well, that's hard to say. If you wanted precise numbers, you could weigh the fat that you cut off of the chicken breast, then collect the residue from cooking and seperate out the water and lipids by chromatography and weigh the lipid portion. Do that for ten or twenty chicken breasts and you would have a fairly accurate average number that you could write down in your little P/C/F calorie journal.

You should probably also spend a several hours immobile in an oxygen chamber to determine your BMR, and have the oxygen content of the air you exhale measured to determine how many calories you are burning during all your normal exercise/cardio sessions. You should also wear a heart rate monitor and step counter to try and get an exact idea of how many calories you are burning doing normal daily activities.

Or you could not be silly and focus on lifting weights, do some form of fun engaging cardio for 30-60 minutes 4-6 times a week and eat foods you know are healthy (chicken breasts with the fat cut off - healthy). Then, voila, slowly increase or decrease portion size of the foods you are eating depending on your goals and the results you are seeing.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Pointless post being that I already focus on lifting weights, run 5 miles a week, play football or basketball on fridays, do LI cardio after I lift, and very rarely eat anything that ISN'T healthy... But it was humorous, none the less...

My point was, how much of the FAT that's in a chicken breast is really FAT, besides the VISIBLE FAT? Know what I'm sayin'? So basically, what I'm sayin' is, IS THERE ANY GODDAMN FAT IN MY MOTHER****ING CHICKEN TITTIES??!!!!
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magickk
    Pointless post being that I already focus on lifting weights, run 5 miles a week, play football or basketball on fridays, do LI cardio after I lift, and very rarely eat anything that ISN'T healthy... But it was humorous, none the less...

My point was, how much of the FAT that's in a chicken breast is really FAT, besides the VISIBLE FAT? Know what I'm sayin'? So basically, what I'm sayin' is, IS THERE ANY GODDAMN FAT IN MY MOTHER****ING CHICKEN TITTIES??!!!!
    LOL. Yes, but not that much.
  6. Board Supporter

LOL. Yes, but not that much.
    I guesstimated 3g to write in my "little P/C/F calorie journal."
  7. dsl
    officially an adult

tyson makes some boneless skinless chicken breasts that only have 1 gram of fat for about 6 ounces. at sam's they cost me 14.00 for 6.5 pounds.
    i believe that wal-mart also sells them, but at half that size.
  8. Board Supporter

Tyson sells some at wal-mart, but I get the cheap ones because they have 1 more gram of fat, but had like 5 more g of protein, plus they're cheaper by like $1.50 for the same amount.... I know the tyson ones at wal-mart HERE have more than 1 g of fat...
  9. dsl
    officially an adult

ya, i don't know what the deal is, you think they would save more money by only having one type, rather than two. you should definately look into getting a sam's or costco account-it's well worth the money over a year
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    ya, i don't know what the deal is, you think they would save more money by only having one type, rather than two. you should definately look into getting a sam's or costco account-it's well worth the money over a year
    Yeah we have a Sam's right by the Wal-Mart, I don't know why we haven't gotten a membership there yet, we should probably look into that, actually I think I'll do that tomorrow after I work out.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. frozen pre grilled chicken breasts?
    By burymestanding in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 03:51 PM
  2. Chicken breasts
    By jjohn in forum Recipes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM