Body Fat Estimate Please

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I was hoping you could give me some honest feedback and some body fat estimations. I've been cutting extremely hard for the first time since 2012 and am wondering where I stand. Back in 2012 I did a CKD diet with my carb up every 2 weeks and the weight literally melted off. I was the most ripped I've ever been and finally had abs. Bodyfat estimations from the forums were about 8-10%. This time around the weight is coming off a lot slower and it's almost as if I am recomping even though my calories are well under maintenance and my cardio game is on point. Back then I was legit waking up lighter every single day like clockwork.

To give you some perspective I will post some pics from then as well and also give my weight at the time. Appreciate your time and feedback guys!

5ft 7
175 lbs in the first 2 pictures and 166.6 lbs in the third one. Those were from 2012. The next 4 pictures are from now with a weight of about 193 lbs.

Again, I appreciate your feedback guys!

Attachments

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
20% maybe, kind of hard to tell with those photos lol, what does your legs/glutes/hips look like?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Just from images I would estimate 18-20%. Definitely put on some size compared to the original pictures, but you also put on a good amount of body fat.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20% maybe, kind of hard to tell with those photos lol, what does your legs/glutes/hips look like?
Thanks for the response. My legs don't really carry any fat, instead it just sits on my stomach. I posted 2 more pictures because I think I am definitely lower than 20% so wanted to give you something better to work with.

Attachments

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the response. My legs don't really carry any fat, instead it just sits on my stomach. I posted 2 more pictures because I think I am definitely lower than 20% so wanted to give you something better to work with.
Nice, yeah I'd say around 16-18 percent, it is hard to tell sometimes, but you got a bit of lower ab fat and hips, possibly a bit in the glutes and hammys... quads look good. Similar build to me so I assume you'd need to get to around 12% or so to lose a bit of the chub on the cheeks (not saying they are bad, but in the lighting you can see a bit that would probs go at around 12)

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol the 3 sets of pics look like 3 different people. Def lean in the first pics like 11-13%

You look like your holding a lot of water in the Olympus pics. Kind of the dbol and test look. But body fat looks to be around 16 to me. Especially considering the last pics you posted.

If your looking for constructive criticism. I would do a slow cut to get rid of that spare tire. In my experience when I get under 15% things really start to pick up in my body's ability to get leaner faster.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the criticism, yeah it mainly sits right on my stomach. As I'm typing this I'm pinching my hammies and different parts of my legs and can't really grab anything.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol the 3 sets of pics look like 3 different people. Def lean in the first pics like 11-13%

You look like your holding a lot of water in the Olympus pics. Kind of the dbol and test look. But body fat looks to be around 16 to me. Especially considering the last pics you posted.

If your looking for constructive criticism. I would do a slow cut to get rid of that spare tire. In my experience when I get under 15% things really start to pick up in my body's ability to get leaner faster.
I'll take the dbol and test look as a compliment since I'm natty lol. But yeah, I took their pre and chugged a lot of water during that session. Funny that I'm holding a lot of water though considering I've been doing keto for a few months now.

I've actually been cutting for months now and it's been super slow. When I cut like this the first time back in 2012 the weight melted off. I guess the difference in metabolism from being 29 instead of 22 is a big deal? I know my calories are in check so it's really weird.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll take the dbol and test look as a compliment since I'm natty lol. But yeah, I took their pre and chugged a lot of water during that session. Funny that I'm holding a lot of water though considering I've been doing keto for a few months now.

I've actually been cutting for months now and it's been super slow. When I cut like this the first time back in 2012 the weight melted off. I guess the difference in metabolism from being 29 instead of 22 is a big deal? I know my calories are in check so it's really weird.
Yes just wait to you hit your 30s you will see things slow down. I'm 40 now and I find it crucial to take care of myself and stay in good shape. I won't allow myself to get back carrying a lot of extra weight because I know it will be difficult getting it back off. (I'd say I stay around 13%). Its not hard to maintain once you get there.

You may have to try playing with and or adjusting your diet. Do you ever carbload or do you do just straight keto?
Believe it or not I've heard a lot of people bloating on keto. I recently had a friend of mine stuck and had him start carbloading every 4/5 days. In the last 2 weeks he's lost another 6 lbs again.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes just wait to you hit your 30s you will see things slow down. I'm 40 now and I find it crucial to take care of myself and stay in good shape. I won't allow myself to get back carrying a lot of extra weight because I know it will be difficult getting it back off. (I'd say I stay around 13%). Its not hard to maintain once you get there.

You may have to try playing with and or adjusting your diet. Do you ever carbload or do you do just straight keto?
Believe it or not I've heard a lot of people bloating on keto. I recently had a friend of mine stuck and had him start carbloading every 4/5 days. In the last 2 weeks he's lost another 6 lbs again.
Yeah I do a 36 hour carb load every 2 weeks instead of one. I base it off of Lyle's UD....he suggest weekly but since fat loss is my main goal I do every 2 so I can stay in ketosis longer.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I do a 36 hour carb load every 2 weeks instead of one. I base it off of Lyle's UD....he suggest weekly but since fat loss is my main goal I do every 2 so I can stay in ketosis longer.
But your stalled out, so in my opinion its time to switch it up.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But your stalled out, so in my opinion its time to switch it up.
Maybe. I feel like I've been stalled from the beginning and off and on. At least with the scale. Scale weight hasn't been moving but I definitely see improvements in the mirror. So maybe nothing's wrong and I was a lot fatter than I thought when I started.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
YOu certainly have "visible abs" so I would say maybe 15%....

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
YOu certainly have "visible abs" so I would say maybe 15%....
Thanks man. Yeah I guess having some visible abs at 193 lbs and only 5ft 7 ish is something to be proud of. I just need to keep at it. I'm super hard on myself because I know what I'm capable of. One to get positive again.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good stuff from Godstrength here. I’d also say 16% btw.

And as someone who’s 36 stuff definitely gets tougher lol

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it is always an open debate but I am a huge advocate of fasted cardio when trying to trim down...

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it is always an open debate but I am a huge advocate of fasted cardio when trying to trim down...
I implement that when I can as well. I notice very little muscle loss on keto, in fact I've been making strength gains during this cut. I'm super strong Monday after my carb up so I do max effort lifts on the big 3 and have been increasing weight each time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 8
GrizzleB Weight Loss 43
Bigmatt57 Weight Loss 0
NattyBeast Weight Loss 9