What do you all eat, if anything, for dessert?

JohnGafnea

Awards
Anyone ever get a sweet tooth, and if so what do you eat to cure it? I try to keep my carb moderately low (not like Atkins though or anything) and on the low-GI side, so the best thing I've come up with is natural peanut butter and sugar free jam on whole wheat bread.

RippedUp

Awards
Replace the peanut butter for almond or walnut butter. Much better fat/nutrient profile.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Replace the peanut butter for almond or walnut butter. Much better fat/nutrient profile.
sure. unsalted (no salt added) would be preferred. the sodium content is way over a daily recommendation, and not even considering the DRI (b/c the expected daily amount are all so low on their scale), you dont want all that sodium which will lead to holding excess water.

Sweet tooth....im ok with a "better" tasting protein supplement like muscle milk or a mrp for that one. Sage

RippedUp

Awards
Not talking about sodium. Athletes need ample amounts of sodium anyway, unless they are 2 days or so off a contest.

Almonds/Walnuts have a good amount of EFAs/omega-3, whereas peanuts don't have any.

JohnGafnea

Awards
I've never seen almond or walnut butter. Where can these two items be found?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
bump on the almond butter... good ****, can ususally be found in either large grocery stores, or health/orgainc food stores will have different kinds of nut butters to select from

haunted_0

Awards
cottage cheese/1packet splenda/ cinnimon .....tastes really good and sweet ...also high in protein....

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
If I am gonna eat dessert, I'm gonna eat the fattiest, most carbohydrate-loaded ffod that I can find...

...but usually I eat any kind of cheese cake. :D

Draven

Awards
  • Established
I like orange sherbert when I 'm going to spoil myself with something. It's not that bad, caloric wise.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
man, ****, I just started trying this Nutella **** recently... omg... sooo fuckin good... know some of you are hearin me :D

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
nutella...isnt that some like german chocolate spread...if so...then yes...really really really good stuff

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
I just drooled on my keyboard damnit

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
oh ****... chocolate chip cookie dough... *drool*... no sweets labrad.. just the taste or what?

JohnGafnea

Awards
I was kinda looking for somewhat health conscious ideas for desserts. :p

Timbo

Awards
If you haven't tried cashew butter, then you're definitely missing out. Like my dog Ripped recommended, once almond or cashew butter touches your tastebuds, you'll never think of going back to the old-school peanut butter.

Again, I don't like the combo that is a peanut butter sandwich very much. This goes back to my distaste for the combination of (significant) carbs and fats in the same meal.

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
Originally posted by zeromagnus
nutella...isnt that some like german chocolate spread...if so...then yes...really really really good stuff
It's Italian. Of course it's good stuff, chocolate and hazelnut?, you can't go wrong. :rolleyes: