going without eating?

o-dub

Awards
ok i have heard for years that, if u dont eat you will lose muscle. but i have a question about that. how do highschool wrestlers starve theirselves to make weight, but yet they stay in great shape?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
those same high school wrestlers will still lose quite a bit of muscle. yeah, they're in great shape but they normally can't even touch the same weights they did previously. circuit training takes the place of strength training. at least, that's the way it was at my high school.

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
IMO beezle is very accurate

i can feel a major difference in strength just by working out in the evening when I have not eaten enough all day.

regards,
COTC

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
When I was cutting and keeping my carbs low, my lifts really suffered and I felt like I was dying in the gym, I looked much leaner though.

BoxingFool01

Awards
You lifts hit the pit unless you're under weight for you class. Great shape for wrestling doesn't mean you're a powerhouse in the weight room (esp. in season). I would drop 9lbs of water almost twice a week in high school/college(in addition to normal weight loss), not a fun process. But oh man once the season ends does that weight come back fast.

stinkfinger

Awards
I agree with the above posts. I one time went on about 300 cals a day for a week to get down. By the end of the week I could barely run or jump rope. Sucked. I looked like a skeleton. Looking back I wonder if I hadn't cut so much weight would I be 5'10 instead of 5'9 today.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above posts. I one time went on about 300 cals a day for a week to get down. By the end of the week I could barely run or jump rope. Sucked. I looked like a skeleton. Looking back I wonder if I hadn't cut so much weight would I be 5'10 instead of 5'9 today.
makes me think back. had a good buddy of mine who would drop ~30lbs in roughly 10-14 days. he would just starve himself, run for hours wrapped in plastic trash bags, and reward himself with...............an ice cube. EOD he would have an apple. crazy approach but it worked for what he wanted to do.

stinkfinger

Awards
Ok, Ok, I'm actually 5'8.5 but don't guys ALWAYS round up?