4-5 eggs over easy, wheat toast.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Just looking for some oppinions..... Mon-Friday I have 4-5 eggs
over easy with wheat toast for breakfast. I also have a whey protien
shake every morning...... I only do this during bulk cycles.
Should I switch to egg beaters or stick to the eggs?.

StuckeyBoss

Awards
Stick with regular eggs, cheaper and the yolk isnt as bad for you as it was thought to be. It has a high amount of lethicin which actually lowers the bad cholesterol.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would personally replace the whole eggs with egg whites and throw in a tbsp of flax. I generally get all of my fat from flax seed oil. Just my opinion.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like I said, everybody has their own opinion.

hermiti

Awards
I would personally replace the whole eggs with egg whites and throw in a tbsp of flax. I generally get all of my fat from flax seed oil. Just my opinion.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to get others sources of fat as well? Such as Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Fish Oil and Hempseed Oil?

"For example a recent study has shown that increasing dietary LNA (such as with the use of flaxseed oil) elvate tissue EPA concentrations in a predictable manner. Now we know that increased levels of EPA decrease the production of arachidonic acid and it's metabolism into bad eicosanoids. However, increased levels of LNA also decrease the production of GLA from LA because it inhibits the delta-6-desaturase enzyme that converts LA to GLA, and thus decreases the formation of certain good prostaglandins."

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Egg yokes aren't that bad, but the 10 gallons of butter people usually fry them in isn't that great. There's arguments for an against. All I know is my cholesterol was real high once and my doctor told me to stop eating eggs. I didn't, I just got more good fat in my diet and ate hard boilded eggs rather than fried, and my cholesterol dropped. And it was never out of the normal range to begin with.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've personally never looked into the differences between fat from one source vs. fat from several sources(maybe I should). All I know is that I always try to limit saturated fat (egg yolks) and trans fat no matter what the situation.

What I pretty much do is eat and buy ALL fat free foods all the time and just change the amount of flax I take in. Right now I'm trying to add weight, so its around 3 tbsps. I'm really anal about eating clean.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro, I applaud your dedication, but perhaps you should try and make your diet more enjoyable so you can stick with it without having crazy freakouts where you cheat badly for a week or two straight :D

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I would cut out at least some of those yolks. Gotta admit though, if you're gonna eat saturated fat, egg yolk is probably the best by far.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
The eggs I get have 1g of saturated fat per. Somehow I don't see that as a big issue, it's not like I eat 10+ eggs a day.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Can Flaxseed oil be cooked DT ? I've heard you can lose some of the nutrient value if you cook. The reason I ask is because I'd love to try a cinnamon flavor flax oil I used in the past, it was real good.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
yolks make the eggs...genetics play a role too, I eat 4 whole eggs a day and my cholesterol is very good...I also take fish oil caps and ground flax seeds

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
8 whole eggs everyday. that and natty PB are my sources of fat.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Love the new avatar you inked up monkey boy :D reminds me of a character from a skinhead/biker gang flick.

Ibanez

Awards
Can Flaxseed oil be cooked DT ? I've heard you can lose some of the nutrient value if you cook. The reason I ask is because I'd love to try a cinnamon flavor flax oil I used in the past, it was real good.
I wouldn't use flasseed for cooking. Flaxseed oil is rich in unsaturated fat called alpha-linolenic acid. Unsaturated fat is more easily damaged by heat and light than saturated fat. Have you tried coconut oil?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
that's your breakfast while bulking? eat more :)
8 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 scoop whey
1 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
blend it up

then have 1/2 cup of fiber one

:)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Honestly I would cut the wheat toast and go with Rye. It is much lower on the GI and if you are going to be getting the 25 grams of fat from the eggs, you might as well keep your insulin levels low. I eat 4 whole eggs (as an omlette with fat free cheese), 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup milk for breakfast.

I think it depends on what you want to accomplish. If you are trying to lose a lot of b/f then yes switch over to using egg whites, I would say at least 6 minimum, and use fish oil or flax seed oil as your sources of fat. But I would only do this if you are trying to lose fat because if not then the lack of saturated fats will just cause you to be hungry again sooner. I have this problem since I have a hyperactive thyroid and im a natural ecto, if I eat too cleanly I get hungry again in like exactly 2 hours, which sucks!