Macro wizards needed

cdonlitto

Awards
I am 25 180cm 83kg I go to the gym 4 times a week I don’t do much cardio just weights my bmi is 25.5 want to gain muscle but lean out at the same time what are my macros ? What should I be eating in weight n calories and how often to eat I may just ring a ready made meal plan place once I know what my macros are n tell them what I need I’m sure there’s some one who can help thanks

marde12

Awards
1700 to 1850 calories
From 0,8 g to 1,2 g protein per kg

cdonlitto

Awards
Was hoping for more than that mate like carbs fat n protein %

marde12

Awards
You can do a standard 50% carb, 25% protein and 25% fat.
Depends also if you can afford a high quantity of protein.
The best would be 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat or 45% carb, 30% protein, 25% fat

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
1700 to 1850 calories
IMO this is miles out.... protein should be 1g min per lb body weight, not per kilo.....hoping a typo. I’d actually suggest 1.5g protein per lb given OP’s goals.

Gaining muscle whilst losing fat, if you aren’t taking steroids, is very hard for anyone but a newbie by the way. I’d either cut fat while maintaining muscle or lean bulk.

Again if leaning out is the goal I’d be going something like 40:35:25 p:f:c - slightly dependant on your AMR which you need to calc but if you keep carbs at 100g or less per day and mainly focused pre and post training then you can’t go far wrong.

Last edited:
mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Again if leaning out is the goal I’d be going something like 40:35:25 p:f:c - slightly dependant on your AMR which you need to calc but if you keep protein at 100g or less per day and mainly focused pre and post training then you can’t go far wrong.
Assume you mean keeps carbs at 100g etc

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
1700 to 1850 calories
Not trying to be rude, but this is simply incorrect.

If you're currently sitting at 83kg, I would aim to first determine what your maintenance calorie intake is - how many calories your body requires to maintain the weight you're at. There are some online calculators that you can use to get a good starting point, but at 83kg and being active, I would say that 2500kcal is a good starting point.

The key with macros and nutrition is consistency. Begin by finding your maintenance by keeping your calorie intake consistent for 1-2 weeks. If your body weight doesn't move around with a consistent intake, you've found your maintenance. As far as macros, I always default to 1 - 1.2g per pound of body weight for protein intake - so for you 180-200g protein. 20% of your calories from fats - so 55g of fat, and the rest from carbs:

protein: 200g
fat: 55g
carb: 300g

I would give something like this a try for a few weeks and see how things go. Keep an eye on the scale and on your appearance. After you've found your maintenance you can begin to adjust to meet your goals. Building muscle and losing fat at the same time is very challenging, so I would suggest picking one goal for the next 2-3 months (fat loss or muscle gain) and begin to increase or decrease calories +/-200 of your maintenance to move toward your goal

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think john.patterson has you covered... Take his advice and run with it. Also, there are tons of online macro calculators that you can use to figure out your macros based on your goal and personal stats. So I would check those out as well to compare numbers.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Building muscle and burning fat at the same time is impossible for anyone that’s not using steroids or not brand new to lifting. I would say cut

cdonlitto

Awards
Any uk pre made meal plans were I can just give them calorie intake n macros n get it delivered in uk