Cardio for the higher BF%

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.84%

Cardio for the higher BF%

Everything I've read regarding the subject seems to have been aimed to the lower BF%. Low intensity Cardio in the morning and immediately after weights (i.e. both times stomach is empty) are best for oxidizing fat from adipose tissue. For the low BF%, a small shake before the low intensity cardio may minimize Lean muscle loss.

What about for those in the mid-to-high teens in BF? What is the deal with nutrition surrounding cardio? Should a shake be consumed postworkout/precardio? I believe it was BOBO who said that would defeat the entire purpose of the cardio since the shake would be used as fuel instead of the fat stores.

So basically, everyone stressing the importance of the PW shake IMMEDIATELY after workout is simplifying things? I've always been told that a PW shake loses its anabolic properties the later after a workout it is consumed. I guess that doesnt really matter when trying to lose the BF?

Also, if low intensity cardio in the morning and postworkout are best to get rid of BF, when does HIIT fit in or other high intensity exercises?

2. officially an adult
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.1%

Quote Originally Posted by loua65
    What is the deal with nutrition surrounding cardio? Should a shake be consumed postworkout/precardio? I believe it was BOBO who said that would defeat the entire purpose of the cardio since the shake would be used as fuel instead of the fat stores.
    if you do cardo after w/o then you don't need to eat anything just go directly into it.

as for hiit, you don't really need it unless you need it for performance or maybe to change up the pace every now and then, but i believe that it is very hadr on the cns and makes recovery a little more difficult.

Similar Forum Threads

1. whats the best cardio for fat loss?
    By lplionheart in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 07:18 PM
  2. Cardio for the injured
    By waynesworld in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
  3. BF% for the infamous 8-pack
    By Mindless in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 28