I got Calcium Caseinate - and it's FLAVORED

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hard to believe - But it is finally here. A richly flavored Chocolate Calcium Caseinate.

Now this is not available to the general public, yet......it is a Board Special.

2 lbs at 18.99 for my favorite men on the WEB.

23 grams of protein per 1 oz serving.

Less than 1/2 gram of fat. Less than 1/2 gram of carbs - 99 calories per serving.

Anyone wanting more details, I believe that you know where to find me.

Laura
[email protected]

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the updates Laura, tell them to give you a raise. You deserve it

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone explain the difference between Milk Protein Isolate and Calcium Casenate?

Which would be a better buy?

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
I'm not positive, but I think milk protein isolate is a mixture of whey and Caseinate (micellar?).....on another note I'm glad to see you guys carrying the calcium casienate..great for breakfast shakes

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am going to let the "big boys" answer this - I only know that I was TOLD to provide it.......anything to keep them happy while we all wait for Peanut Butter.

I am going back to hide, now......

laura

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I am going to let the "big boys" answer this - I only know that I was TOLD to provide it.......anything to keep them happy while we all wait for Peanut Butter.

I am going back to hide, now......

laura
Since you brought it up.... what's the ETA? This is what's holding me back from my order.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone explain the difference between Milk Protein Isolate and Calcium Casenate?

Which would be a better buy?
Milk Protein Isolate = 80% casein and 20% whey
Casein = 100% casein

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk Protein Isolate = 80% casein and 20% whey
Casein = 100% casein
Calcium caseinate is just lower quality casien. Milk protein isolate and micellar casein are the same thing. So going for the best value but not as expensive I would get calcium caseinate. I like my MPI though and don't know how calcium caseinate tastes. When you say "Casein= 100% casein" that doesn't make any sense because whatever the source of casein, if its casien then its 20% whey and 80% casein!.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okay - WE LOVE IT....so who is buying it?????? 2lbs for 18.99 is a GREAT DEAL. Drop me an email with your shipping address and BUY SOME!!!!! And please don't forget that the FLAVORED MPI IS AVAILABLE......2.5 lbs for 20.49 --------I AM WAITING. T Bone and SJA cannot do ALL the work here, guys.

Seriously, have a great day - it is a beautiful one in Philly and I will check in later.......Get those orders in.

Laura [email protected]

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Milk protein isolate and micellar casein are the same thing.

You've said this before, and I'm not sure that it is entirely true. I know of two protein manufacturers who say that these are two different things.

Micellar Casein is supposedly derived from MPI and is a pure form Casein. There may be other manufacturers who call them the same thing when they are trying to sell you MPI (which is derived from casein AND whey from what I understand).

However, I think that the difference noticed is negligible and it isn't necessarily worth the extra money to buy MC.

I say that if you want a slow releasing protein (and can handle lactose) then you can't go wrong with the MPI or CC special.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cal Caseinite is some good stuff. Is this a perpetual item now or just a limited time Laura?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I say that if you want a slow releasing protein (and can handle lactose) then you can't go wrong with the MPI or CC special.
what *is* the lactose content on the CC?

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Less than 1/2 of one percent.....and, as usual, SJA is correct in his post.

Laura

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The term micellar refers to the original structure in which casein protein is found in fresh milk, i.e casein micelles. When casein protein is concentrated from fluid milk by using ultrafiltration processing the casein micelles are preserved in their original form. Micellar casein, in powder form, contains in excess of 80% protein and approximately 5% lactose, 2% fat, 9% milk minerals and 4% moisture.
The term micellar therefore refers to casein in it's natural form.

Calcium caseinate is manufactured by the addition of acid to fluid milk. The acid destroys the micellar structure thus destabilizing the milk casuing the casein fraction to precipitate. This fraction is recovered, purified and solubilized using a calcium salt prior to drying. Calcium Caseinate, in powder form, contains approx 88% protein, 1% fat, 4.5% minerals, 0.5 lactose and 6 % moisture.
The amino acid profile per 100 grams of profile is essentially the same for both micellar casein and calcium caseinate.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
nice...very informative....the calcium cassienate seems like it might be a better bang for the buck

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The term micellar refers to the original structure in which casein protein is found in fresh milk, i.e casein micelles. When casein protein is concentrated from fluid milk by using ultrafiltration processing the casein micelles are preserved in their original form. Micellar casein, in powder form, contains in excess of 80% protein and approximately 5% lactose, 2% fat, 9% milk minerals and 4% moisture.
The term micellar therefore refers to casein in it's natural form.

Calcium caseinate is manufactured by the addition of acid to fluid milk. The acid destroys the micellar structure thus destabilizing the milk casuing the casein fraction to precipitate. This fraction is recovered, purified and solubilized using a calcium salt prior to drying. Calcium Caseinate, in powder form, contains approx 88% protein, 1% fat, 4.5% minerals, 0.5 lactose and 6 % moisture.
The amino acid profile per 100 grams of profile is essentially the same for both micellar casein and calcium caseinate.

You have been spending way too much time with the mad scientists!!!. On the other handing, reading your post made me think, why don't you make a combination product of slow digesting proteins, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, and egg protein. 50%, 25%, 25%, in that order. Then you have one combination product that has all your bases covered.

leishan

Board Supporter
Awards
Just wondering...how well does the calcium caseinate mix? I have read before that some brands are extremely chalky and hard to mix.

Thanks

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering...how well does the calcium caseinate mix? I have read before that some brands are extremely chalky and hard to mix.

Thanks
I will let you know if a little more than a week or so. I was able to get ahold of Laura and place my order. Thanks again Laura!

I'll create a thread with my own review of it when I make my shake.