Cutting - My Diet vs Bodyopus

Super Tri's

Awards
Hey guys, need some help on diet/tranning:

Here's some info - age 23, training 5 yrs, 190lbs, bf% 10-11.

I have been cutting now, i plan on doing 4 days cardio, possibly 5 and 3-4 days of weight training.

Here is what I eat:
oatmeal/whey/flax
tuna/celery/olive oil/cottage cheese/onions
salad/olive oil/chicken
chicken sandwich
WORKOUT
dextrose/whey
steak/salad - carbs usually here too
protein shake before bed, some fat

I eat carbs around my workout, and dont have them if I don't do weights - cardio in the morning.

I was thinking of dropping the oatmeal in the morning.

I carb up a bit on the weekends.

What do you guys think of the diet for cutting???? I used a similar one last year, but only post workout and breakfest carbs, worked well, but seemed a little flat.

What do you guys think of bodyopus, i read the book last year, but never did the diet, although mine isn't too far off.

Going to pust 1-test/4ad, or test prop/fina also, that should help..haha - should I put an eca with this???

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Here is what I eat:
oatmeal/whey/flax
tuna/celery/olive oil/cottage cheese/onions
salad/olive oil/chicken
chicken sandwich
WORKOUT
dextrose/whey
steak/salad - carbs usually here too
protein shake before bed, some fat
I like oatmeal for breakfast, cutting or not. You said you have little to no carbs on days you do not train, so I wouldl eave this in here because you must have carbs. Make sure your cottage cheese is sodium free or close to it.
I dont really like that chicken sandwhich before a workout. How long after thats eaten do you train? Chicken takes longer to digest than any other food, thus giving the illusion you're full, which isnt bad later in the day, but you need carbs pre-workout, or your workout will suffer. Liquid pre workout meals are ideal. I like a glass of orange juice (orange juice has been proven to suppress cortisol) with a scoop of vanilla whey in it, been doing this for almost a year now and I think its kick ass.
Post workout, if you can get some malto, I would make a dextrose/malto. mixture with my whey, especially when cutting.

What supplements are you taking? Id get some type of anti-oxidants for sure.

I carb up a bit on the weekends.
Beer isnt a good 'carb-up' ;)

What do you guys think of the diet for cutting???? I used a similar one last year, but only post workout and breakfest carbs, worked well, but seemed a little flat.
You knew it was coming.... so..... whats you're BMR? And whats the total caloric intake of this plan and whats the macronutrient ratio? If you can come up with those two things, it makes cutting 50% better, makes it much easier. Im all for low carbs when cutting, just not horribly low. I like what you've come up with to be honest.

What do you guys think of bodyopus, i read the book last year, but never did the diet, although mine isn't too far off.
Im still in the middle on Bodyopus. I just posted an article on it, and still in the process of researching the references, I'll get back to you on this one....

Going to pust 1-test/4ad, or test prop/fina also, that should help..haha - should I put an eca with this???
I would run an ECA. Low carbs, you'll need energy. I find that, personally, an ECA doesnt halt or slow my gains when bulking. Im on a permanent ECA cycle and gain very well, granted I up the dose when cutting, but I would add one. Are you trying to gain? or lose? or maintain? or what?

Super Tri's

Awards
Thanks YJ, a lot of effort put in there.

Well my goal is to get very cut, but maintain muscle mass and keep fullness.

I will try your pre workout meal.
I'll keep the oatmeal in the morning
I have cut out the alcohol, and i don't drink beer anyway, more hard liquor when I do.
I have calculated BMR and the rest of the of the stuff....

For supps:
eca (charger), multi, glut, flax, dex, whey,

looking into v12 or swole, maybe some r-ala too.

Also trying to get a t1-pro 6 week cycle going,

talk to you

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thanks YJ, a lot of effort put in there.

For supps:
eca (charger), multi, glut, flax, dex, whey,
I would consider r-ala, PM me and I have a link to some cheap r-ALA (just got some myself), rest of it looks good, although Im anti-glutamine.

looking into v12 or swole, maybe some r-ala too.
I might get Swole if I were you and run it near the end of the cutting phase. Have you considered an NYC? You're only 10-11% BF, so its not going to be too awful hard to get ripped quick.

inertia

Awards
and if you get it from th AF store be sure to use the discount code AFdiscount,just a couple bucks though.other than powder form i havent found it to be so cheap in respect.i dont know what YJ is getting it at but r-ala=glucorellR,so...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Cutting - My Diet vs Bodyopus

Originally posted by YellowJacket
Beer isnt a good 'carb-up' ;)
****!! I knew I was doing something wrong! :D

I would add the ECA in also, never seemd to slow my gains by any means, as long as cals were adequate. Never read Bodyopus, I'll see if I can get the gist of it here and add some comments.

Super Tri's

Awards
Hey,

I have heard a lot about NYC, but are there certain brands to go with???

I have added and eca, should I put an NYC in too?