Intermittent Fasting - Am I all wrong about this?

Rk6187

Awards
Hi all. I am not a newbie to the concept of intermittent fasting but perhaps I'm wrong - please do advise me. My stats: Male, 33, 5'10", 207 lbs.

I have previously done IF 4 years ago with reasonable results but I cheated a good bit. This time around I was more specific. I started at 223 lbs about 2.5-3 months ago. about a month and a half into it and having lost about 10 lbs, I added in ignit3 (which didn't work well for me and so I stopped). The rate at which I had been dropping weight was pretty good before ignit3, and I didn't notice anything extra (wt loss, appetite suppression, etc) with it, and decided to stop it. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the weight that I have dropped. I am okay having a bland diet plan in order to maintain consistency, and my meals breakdown is like this (6 out of 7 days a week its 95% like this):

Non-Workout Days:
wake up 6 am - two glasses water (1 with 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar)
7:30 am - black coffee 10oz
8 am (at work) - 12 pm - 4-6 glasses of water
12-12:30 pm - 6 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 cup greek yogurt plain, 1/2 cup pecans, 2 cups broccoli, 4 table spoons psyllium husk (mixed into the yogurt)
3 pm - 1 cup coffee with splash of 2% milk (may be 2 table spoons worth), 1 cup broccoli (or baby spinach)
6-7 pm - 10 oz chicken breast, 1 cup greek yogurt, 2 cups broccoli, water with apple cider vinegar, 2 carb control tortillas with 4 table spoons peanut butter

Total protein: roughly 210-220 grams of protein, 60 grams of carbs, 100 grams of fat

my work out days: similar protein, may be 200 grams of carbs (sweet potato, brown rice, stir fry veggies), 70 grams of fat

THIS is consistent - I have may be one cheat day a month. That being said, I am presently down to about 207 and it's not moved much over the past 2 weeks. I am annoyed with the stubborn lower belly fat (I can pinch about 1.5" between my finger tips and roughly 2" lower back and love handle area) and am considering the use of Yohimbine HCL (or other supplements).

1) can you make suggestions to my diet? I would love some constructive criticism. I have a 2 yr old and it frankly is easiest for me to keep the same diet day in and day out which is why I don't change much of anything.

2) Is yohimbine HCL okay to use with IF? I don't do HIIT. I only do LISS (step machine 15-20 minutes 3-4 times per week). I am aware of the 0.2mg/KG BW (gradually taking it to about 19 mg or 6 pills primaforce brand) but I am not sure if it's okay with reverse pyramid (RPT) style lifts due to increase in BP (I've read conflicting things).

I forgot to mention my training...and again for simplicity sake it goes like this on weekly basis:

Monday: 20' core / abs (no HIIT) followed by 20 min of LISS
Tuesday: Chest Day RPT, biceps isolation, calves isolation, 15 minutes LISS
Wed: 20' LISS
Thursday: Back Day (note I cannot do deadlifts because of a major low back injury 3 years ago which was managed conservatively) - Lat Pulls, Seated Rows, Pendlay Rows, Barbell Shrugs, Overhead Presses, Triceps isolation, NO LISS
Friday: Leg Days (note I cannot do heavy squats, again due to the back injury 3 years ago) - Standing Squats for volume (not RPT style due to aforementioned injury), leg presses (RPT format), hamstring curls and body lifts from floor (RPT format), shoulder isolation, LISS 20 min
Sat/Sun: core stability (For back injury - done at home)

Goal: I want to loose that small stubborn belly fat area from my mid-section. I am aware it takes time, and yes I have lost some weight but I am looking for some insight into anything additional that may be of assistance from a nutritional / supplemental standpoint. And of course, any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
My personal choice would be to run eviscerate or supernova by Evomuse.

celliem

celliem

Awards
I love IF. If you use yohimibine use f95 as well. I also use BCAAs in the morning. Other than that, just stick with it.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet looks good. Are you taking anything supplement wise? Everybody has their own areas that are the toughest to lose, so you're right about it being a matter of time.

You might want to look into a quality thermogenic like Radiate. Good fat burning and appetite suppression, if you can handle yohimbine. Discount code FireTitan should get it down pretty cheap with shipping from the RXS Supplements website. They're giving away 50 bottles at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/295559-jugs-jug-50-a.html

Rk6187

Awards
Thanks so much for the fast responses and advice.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know there are a lot of people who will tell you that it doesn't matter when you eat, that x amount of calories are x amount of calories, regardless of when you get them. I've been following IF for a couple years now, and honestly it just works for me. I take in 90% of my calories between 14:00 and 20:00. The time frame works for me.