Low Carb Snacks for a Keto Diet

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure I'm not the only snacky person in here and the worst part of being on a ketogenic diet is not being able to eat chips and candy (within reason). I have figured out a couple snacks that I can enjoy like Whisps (dried cheese chips/1g carb per 23 crisps) and sugar free jello (1g carb per sealed cup/0g if made yourself on stove). However, I realize that there is a wealth of experience here on AM and I know many people on here have experimented or actively embrace the keto diet. I would love some suggestions for snacks that are low carb/low net carb that help you satisfy your snack cravings in your darkest hours.

I think that this is a topic that could help anyone trying to do a keto diet short or long-term. Thanks.

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
5-6 grams of chocolate sugar free jello mix + 1 oz of heavy whipping cream = Rich tasting chocolate mousse

APC80

APC80

Awards
Grenade carb killa white chocolate and caramel chaos are amazing, taste just like a chocolate bar.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jerky
Hard boiled eggs
Egg/Chicken Salad, made with avocado
Pancakes, muffins, or any other baked good with almond or coconut flour

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Pork Rinds

Hard boiled eggs, egg cups with bacon/ham

Nuts in moderation

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how low of carbs are we talking?

Jerky
Old Wisconsin Turkey Bites

Cauliflower Tator Tots < little higher 10g net for 6 pieces. Green Giant

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Oh dear.
I can picture this, and that is so much meaty cheesey goodness I may try it sometime lol
Theyre great, just make sure you use the oven and not the microwave... nuked/stale pork rinds are not fun

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
No carb amount in particular. I can always adjust the rest of the day's carbs to make up for whatever snack I'm deciding to enjoy.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
jerky, pork rinds, hard boiled eggs...I could think of so many things

bboyflash

Awards
pork rinds and salsa

My on the go snack

Bacon rolls, extra sharp cheese and smoke almonds

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Powercrunch bars have good macros for lower carbs.
Whole fried eggs with hollandaise sauce on low carb bread

And who ever said pork rind nachos, how do you make these? Do you use the pre puffed pork rinds or the ones that you microwave in the bag?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Almonds
Turkey & Cheese roll ups
Fiber 1 Cereal (very low carb, but super high in fiber)

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Powercrunch bars have good macros for lower carbs.
Whole fried eggs with hollandaise sauce on low carb bread

And who ever said pork rind nachos, how do you make these? Do you use the pre puffed pork rinds or the ones that you microwave in the bag?
I get the ones in the chip section of the grocery store. Usually the Mambi Hot & Spicy flavor or what ever hot & spicy flavor is available at that store. Whole Foods also has a few different flavors like maple bacon, cracked salt & pepper & BBQ if you want to spend the extra money.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I get the ones in the chip section of the grocery store. Usually the Mambi Hot & Spicy flavor or what ever hot & spicy flavor is available at that store. Whole Foods also has a few different flavors like maple bacon, cracked salt & pepper & BBQ if you want to spend the extra money.
And then you just warm up the cheese and beef and put on top or do you bake it at all?

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
And then you just warm up the cheese and beef and put on top or do you bake it at all?
Warming up the beef and cheese seems to be the best route so far. Baking them kind of crisped them up a bit. I also add some guacamole and salsa after.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you care about fats?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Whey Greek yogurt
1 serving of plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop of flavored whey
Optional stevia to taste
Optional berries
240 calories: 47g protein, 4g carbohydrate (0 fiber), 2g fat.