EFA supplementation

which do you supplement with

• fish oil

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • flaxseed oil

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • other (borage oil, hempseed oil, udo's blend)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • how many grams of efa's are in a double whopper? (aka no supplementation)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
vote which EFA supp you use?

i use flaxseed. mmmmmmm.....

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Using ground flax right now... but I voted Fish oil caps.. going to be ordering from Custom soon.

C

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
i always used fish oil caps but recently bought some flaxseed oil for cheap and wanted to try it...how do you guys usually take your flaxseed without wasting it by putting it in a shake or somethig, lol?

regards,
COTC

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I use both. 1-2 tablespoons of flax oil & a few fish oil caps every day.

I try to spread it out as much as reasonably possible. I don't like the idea of downing 250+ cals of oil in one shot.

B

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to use flax but switched to fish oil, as I read flax still needs to 'convert' to EPA/DHA, and does it at a poor rate, while fish oil doesn't need any 'conversion'. I don't know the correct terminology for this chemistry stuff, sorry :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
One tablespoon of fish oil here. I thought it'd taste like ass but it's actually okay.

P

Phoenix rising

Awards
I realy dont understand why people are still using flax oil when fish oil is superior.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Comparing the two is pointless. Its like comparing apples to watermelons. One is highly concentrated while the other is not. Flax oil is a great way to add in your fat calories while keeping the overall diet clean. Substituting one for the other is simply stupid. You don't remove 1-3 tablespoons (14-42g, 126-378 calories per day) and stick 4-8g of fish oil in there and call it even. If I used the same amount of fish oil as flax my blood would be as thin as water and I would turn an anti-inflammatory into a pro-inflammatory.

Its like saying, I don't know why people take in protein when BCAA's are superior.

P

Phoenix rising

Awards
Comparing the two is pointless. Its like comparing apples to watermelons. One is highly concentrated while the other is not. Flax oil is a great way to add in your fat calories while keeping the overall diet clean. Substituting one for the other is simply stupid. You don't remove 1-3 tablespoons (14-42g, 126-378 calories per day) and stick 4-8g of fish oil in there and call it even. If I used the same amount of fish oil as flax my blood would be as thin as water and I would turn an anti-inflammatory into a pro-inflammatory.

Its like saying, I don't know why people take in protein when BCAA's are superior.
Haha I was hoping Bobio would chime in after me stating that fish oil is superior. The guys over on Avant realy seem to think fish oil is superior. I guess what you are saying you are using flax as a clean calorie source. I've used 6 grams of Now Super EFAs and I can tell a great difference in inflamation, mood, and body composition.

Thanks Bobo for your response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
T Nutrition / Health 4
smith_69 Supplements 24
netflixNchill General Chat 1
B Supplements 2