Skinny fat gaining mass

Evolve

Awards
Any advice concerning my diet would be really appreciated.
It is an attempt at a lean bulk, it will be 50/30/20 changing to 55/35/15 on workout days.

Meal 1 :

20g whey
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
60g oats
1 apple 58c/31p/11f 466 calories

Meal 2 :

200g brown basmati rice
1 can tuna
*Serving veg 58c/32p/2f 375 calories

Meal 3 :

Same as meal 2 58c/32p/2f 375 calories

Meal 4 :

35g whey
65g oats
1 apple
2x fish oil caps 58c/33p/9f 445 calories

Meal 5 :

65g chicken breast
90g oats
*serving veg 58c/31p/11f 453 calories

Meal 6 :

30g oats
80g chicken breast
2x fish oil caps 20c/30p/8f 275 calories

It will be pretty much the same every day.
On workout days I will have my post workout shake between an hour before my 5th meal :

35g whey
70g oats
1 banana 70 c/ 35 p/ 7 f = 475 calories

That makes an average of ~2700 calories a week, I will record my results each week
and just accordingly ie. raise calories.

I weigh 139 lbs at ~18% bf (waist skin calliper measurement) - skinny fat.
Well seeing as I am only 139 I can't try to lose my gut as I will be extremely
thin looking, so I have decided to try and do a simple lean bulk until I reach a level where
I will be able to cut without looking anorexic. So I am trying to keep fat gain to a minimum.
Please give opinions and advice regarding my diet.

This is the routine I will be following :
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29242

Thank you

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have it nailed. Only thing I would do is put more whole food protein in there for breakfast (more eggs).

Good luck!

Evolve

Awards
Looks like you have it nailed. Only thing I would do is put more whole food protein in there for breakfast (more eggs).

Good luck!

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of oats man, why don't you mix it up some so you don't get terribly bored and fall off the diet? More veggies too...

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of oats man, why don't you mix it up some so you don't get terribly bored and fall off the diet? More veggies too...
Not to get too far o/t but, ex how do you prepare your legumes when you cook them. I used garlic and chili powder and they were still kinda bland. I'm trying to add more beans and legumes to my diet...then hopefully more veggies (one step at a time...:D ). Just curious as to how to add more flavor to them because the one time i made them they were kinda bland. Thanks.

/thread-jack

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Not to get too far o/t but, ex how do you prepare your legumes when you cook them. I used garlic and chili powder and they were still kinda bland. I'm trying to add more beans and legumes to my diet...then hopefully more veggies (one step at a time...:D ). Just curious as to how to add more flavor to them because the one time i made them they were kinda bland. Thanks.

/thread-jack
Get some concentrated beef stock, I get some from smart and final with no fat, it's got sugar and sodium but it's no biggie. Use about 2 tablespoons of that for a large pot of beans. I also carmelize onions with the beef stock before cooking the beans. Then I crush about 15 cloves of garlic, add a variety of seasonings, about one third a bottle of hot sauce, and I'm good to go.

Don't wait to get started on the veggies, you can add them to almost anything :D

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Get some concentrated beef stock, I get some from smart and final with no fat, it's got sugar and sodium but it's no biggie. Use about 2 tablespoons of that for a large pot of beans. I also carmelize onions with the beef stock before cooking the beans. Then I crush about 15 cloves of garlic, add a variety of seasonings, about one third a bottle of hot sauce, and I'm good to go.

Don't wait to get started on the veggies, you can add them to almost anything :D
Sounds like a winner. I'll probably do that today or tomorrow when I get off of work. Ok, I'll add some veggies too...:thumbsup:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would add a tablespoon of flax and some walnuts or almonds.

Also, like Ex said, ideally you should substitute some of those oats for beans and veggies.