What do you guys think about my Diet plan?

Changing

Banned
Awards
I'm going to be doing a superDrol/MaxLMG cycle any min but i want to make sure my diet is in check.

This is going to be a Clean Bulk

------
Stats
------
Height - 5'8 1/2
Weight - 175
BF - 13-14%

Each day is going to be

Calories - 3900
Protein - 400 Shakes/food
Carbs - 400 Complex rice,oats etc
Fats - 80

Goal Hoping to gain mass while slashing BF

You think i'm over doing it in any areas?

I calculated each meal to the exact number so this is 99.9 percent exact. Ill post the diet if needed. What do you guys think?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gaining LBM while losing bf is very difficult unless you're genetically gifted or using lots of drugs. Just the fact that you listed shakes under protein gives me the idea you're probably using more than you need (you dont even really need any).

The breakdown looks pretty good, but its hard to tell without the actual diet. Good luck!

Changing

Banned
Awards
Do you think 3900 Cals is good while bulking for my height? Should i increase carbs? Since i'm bulking i'm barely going to do any cardio.

Also a question about carbs If i choose to get carbs from 1 source is that ok? for example just oats

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Also a question about carbs If i choose to get carbs from 1 source is that ok? for example just oats
You will probably get tired of doing so. Lately, I have been having chicken w/ black beans and rice and it is delicious. Just add some fresh garlic, pepper, and salsa when you heat the black beans.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to be doing a superDrol/MaxLMG cycle any min but i want to make sure my diet is in check.

This is going to be a Clean Bulk

------
Stats
------
Height - 5'8 1/2
Weight - 175
BF - 13-14%

Each day is going to be

Calories - 3900
Fats - 80

Goal Hoping to gain mass while slashing BF

You think i'm over doing it in any areas?

I calculated each meal to the exact number so this is 99.9 percent exact. Ill post the diet if needed. What do you guys think?
3900/175lbs = 22.25 x BW in calories. This is a huge calorie surplus. Hoping to gain mass while slashing BF when you are already at 14%? Not gonna happen IMO. 400g protein at 175lbs = 2.25g protein/lb-bw might be a bit much too.

Depending on your metabolism, whynot shoot for around a 17-18 x bw calories at a 40P/40C/20F.
175 x 18 = 3150 - - 315/315/70. Personally I would go more like a 50/30/10-15, but that is just my metabolism.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
3900/175lbs = 22.25 x BW in calories. This is a huge calorie surplus. Hoping to gain mass while slashing BF when you are already at 14%? Not gonna happen IMO. 400g protein at 175lbs = 2.25g protein/lb-bw might be a bit much too.

Depending on your metabolism, whynot shoot for around a 17-18 x bw calories at a 40P/40C/20F.
175 x 18 = 3150 - - 315/315/70. Personally I would go more like a 50/30/10-15, but that is just my metabolism.
:goodpost:

Way too much food. What is your setpoint? Also, what is your body type? What foods are you eating and when?

Note: calories are not calculated by your height :cheers: I would read up a little more around the board. Get familiar with other diets constructed for lean bulking.

Changing

Banned
Awards
Pictures

I don't know my body type but this is how i look

I thought about this tell me how it looks

Cals - 3120
Carbs - 320
Protein - 320
Fats - 64

How does that look? remeber i'm doing a superdrol/maxLMG cycle so i thought i would eat a little more since the protein synthesis increased.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
that loks decent. Might wanna lower carbs and up good fats on non-workout days, just to mix it up a bit (might help lipids a bit too!).

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought about this tell me how it looks

Cals - 3120
Carbs - 320
Protein - 320
Fats - 64

How does that look? remeber i'm doing a superdrol/maxLMG cycle so i thought i would eat a little more since the protein synthesis increased.
Looks a lot better. It is still a good sized surplus, especially so if you want to lean out while doing so. I'm with milwood on the carbs as well as some EFA's. You don't appear to be ecto so maybe if you are carfeul to keep higher carbs on heavy lift days you be OK. Personally I would start at no more than 15 x BW and add/subtract along the way. But I have had the recent self awareness after hitting a lifetime leanest. You ain't gaining all the muscle you think you are when you are gaining weight on PH/PS. Mass for the sake of mass is one thing, but LBM comes on at a bit less an expedient pace or significant quantity.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
You ain't gaining all the muscle you think you are when you are gaining weight on PH/PS. Mass for the sake of mass is one thing, but LBM comes on at a bit less an expedient pace or significant quantity.
:D Welcome to Hell Biatch!!!

Changing....that looks better. you'll have to experiment with fats and carbs....that's the only way to know for sure. Pay attention as you go. ......and remember....the extra protein synthesis that takes place doesn't mean that you can just gorge yourself on protein. It means that you have more "feed efficiency". You will use what you eat more efficiently to build muscle. A lot of people make the mistake of just eating like a Viking round the clock just because they are "on". As B5150 pointed out, you don't want to just pack on a lot of fat and say "hey....look how huge I got on SD". BF measurements are pretty much bogus when you are "on". So go at this sanely or you will be very disappointed when you lean out and realized that the 20 pound gain that you made in three weeks is mostly fat and water.

Changing

Banned
Awards
How many grams of fat do you guys think i should take in a day?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, what you have is fine. I would not lower carbs one bit. Dont understand why people are telling you that.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
that loks decent. Might wanna lower carbs and up good fats on non-workout days, just to mix it up a bit (might help lipids a bit too!).
this suggestion is only because one of his goals was to "slash BF"

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Goal Hoping to gain mass while slashing BF"

You don't lower carbs to achieve that. Lipids have a better chance to store as fat than carbs.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
"Goal Hoping to gain mass while slashing BF"

You don't lower carbs to achieve that. Lipids have a better chance to store as fat than carbs.
well........I'm still learning! ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So am I!!! :D

Think of it this way. The reason ENOVA and DAG's are popular is because they metabolize quickly, like carbs. The worst fats are saturated and trans fatty acids because their bonds are "saturated" therefore it takes longer for them to get broken down and oxidized. Even the "good" fats take much longer than carbs so when you are going above your caloric maintenance the majority of your calories should come from carbs and/or protein WHILE controlling insulin.

And that is the extremely basic version. ;)

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
*Even more basic*

I was just going to say that it doesn't make sense to first say hes consuming too many cals and would thus gain fat, yet if he wants to lean out he should consume less carbs and more fat. Carbs=4 cals/g Fat=9 cals/g

Sometimes the first day of nutrition class is forgotten...

Changing

Banned
Awards
I'm going to run this diet for a month

Next month should i switch it up with higher calorie intake or should i leave it the same?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to run this diet for a month

Next month should i switch it up with higher calorie intake or should i leave it the same?
Switch it based on your results. If things are going well, don't change it. If your not gaining weight, add more cals.

Changing

Banned
Awards
So which one should i stick to? (Just making sure!)

Calories - 3900
Fats - 80

OR

Cals - 3120
Carbs - 320
Protein - 320
Fats - 64

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I'd start with the second one. Then adjust your cals from there.