Ignit3, DCP, Anxiety

Mykoe

Awards
I just picked up Ignit3 by OL and DCP by evomuse. Both bottles say not to take with anxiety issues. I am on a prescription for Escitalopram. Obviously the anxiety issues trumps weight loss. Whats the big deal with these products and anxiety meds? Has anyone used this combo before?

Thanks.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just picked up Ignit3 by OL and DCP by evomuse. Both bottles say not to take with anxiety issues. I am on a prescription for Escitalopram. Obviously the anxiety issues trumps weight loss. Whats the big deal with these products and anxiety meds? Has anyone used this combo before?

Thanks.
You will find that most supplements in this category come with that kind of warning. I would say check with your doctor but they honestly don't know anything about the ingredients in these supplements. They don't even know the full story behind the meds they prescribe...just what they are taught to believe in school, by drug reps, and what their little black book tells them.

The first thing that may not work out well for you is the St John's Wort in IGNIT3. It is actually contraindicated to take with Lexapro as they both impact serotonin etc. I have taken IGNIT3 before with Prozac and had no issues, but it's kind of a "risk" you would have to determine taking for yourself. SJW could also have an impact on the absorption/metabolism of Lexapro...something you may want to look up.

You may be better off just taking the DCP with another stimmed fat burner as to not have to worry about this contraindication. HyperMax XT would be a nice choice and there is no SJW to be concerned about. DCP should not have any impact on your anxiety and could potentially decrease it to be honest.

Secondly, Alpha-Yohimbe is part of the IGNIT3 formula (and OxyMax XT for that matter) which has the potential to exacerbate anxiety in some people. You kind of have to discover that for yourself as well..

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Ricky10 hit the nail on the head. There's no direct correlation, but studies on different ingredients in these products has shown to cause an increase in anxiety (especially st. john's wort). Any stimulant can cause an increase in anxiety depending on the individual, so it would be best to start with a small dose or half dose to assess tolerance.

I've found that alpha-yohimbine is much better for anxiety when compared to y-hcl. I would definitely consider trying Oxymax XT as an alternative - since it doesn't contain st. john's wort it might be a better solution. It will be different for each user individually, but I would be cautious with trying any preworkout or thermogenic that contains a high amount of stimulants.

Mykoe

Awards
Thanks guys. Gonna start slow and try it and gauge how i feel.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great advice in here. And if you do decide to use anything, I'd certainly start anything solo for several days prior to just stacking so if anything is observable, you can assess it easier/more quickly. Best of luck!