Twin Peak' Carb cycling

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Twin Peak I just read your carb cycling articles and they were amazing. I just ahve few questions that I didnt find addressed in the articles that I was hoping you or someone else knowldegable on the topic could help with.

1. Could an 8oz glass of 100% no sugar added juices be substitued for a serving of fruit? (I would love to be able to have a glass of OJ with my morning oats)
2. Would it be alright to have one cheat meal per week on one of the high carb days (say pizza and ice cream) as long as there was enough protein in the meal?
3. Finally, is this schedule okay for cutting?

Sunday. Low
Monday. No
Tuesday High
Wednesday no
Thursday Low
Friday. High *with one cheat meal
Saturday No

This schedule fits better with my lifting schedule as opposed to the 3 day rotation to make sure I get ample amounts of carbs after my workouts, and this way I am always favoring no carb days.

Once again great article, thanks for the help.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bump, can anybody help me out real quick I'd like to jump on this thing tomorrow.

builtolast

Awards
Im currently doing this too, and it looks like everything is in check. I also set up the high carb days around lifting days so that I have plenty of carbs for heavy liftin'. I would think the juice is a no-go though. I think, im not sure.

Good luck on this diet. It's the first diet I've been on that I could sustain without going nuts and dropping it like a sack of burning dog dookie.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck on this diet. It's the first diet I've been on that I could sustain without going nuts and dropping it like a sack of burning dog dookie.
How long have you been on it so far? Do the results come pretty good?