Myth: Ingesting Medium Chain Triglycerides won't make you fat?? Muscle Milk anyone???

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Myth: Ingesting Medium Chain Triglycerides won't make you fat?? Muscle Milk anyone???


    Muscle Milk is PACKED with MCTs.


    Myth:
    28 -- Ingesting MCT . (medium-chain triglyceride) oils will give you tons of energy, but they won't make you fat.

    MCTs first gained prominence for treating persons suffering from fat mal- absorption, pancreatic deficiency, or stomach or esophageal diseases. Researchers found that MCTs, because of their better solubility and motility, underwent a rapid hydrolysis by salivary, gastric, and pancreatic enzymes. Consequently, they were able to reach the liver and provide energy much more quickly than long-chain triglycerides (Guillot, et al., 1993). There was also some evidence that MCTs reduced lipid deposition in fat stores compared with that resulting from LCTs under identical energy intake conditions. However, this is no reason to believe that ingesting these oils in excess will not result in a positive energy balance which the body stores as fat. MCTs, like regular oils, like regular fats, have nine calories per gramme. Even though they are metabolized differently, using them in excessive amounts will add inches to your waistline.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com


  2. Who stated they won't make you fat? That is ridiculous. Any fat in high amounts will contribute to adipose storage.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    Even though they are metabolized differently, using them in excessive amounts will add inches to your waistline.
    It's on the back of the muscle milk containers, Bobo

    But, it looks like the original poster of that info hit the nail on the head...

  4. If something tastes as good as Muscle Milk it has to be bad for you They do pimp the no fat gain bs which is funny but in their defense your much better off consuming MCT's then the alternative. Just don't go and drink 5 a day.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    Muscle Milk is PACKED with MCTs.
    I wouldn't call 18gm total fat per serving (75gm) as "packed".
    OK for occassional use or if you aren't getting enough fat in your diet.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by WhutEvr
    I wouldn't call 18gm total fat per serving (75gm) as "packed".
    OK for occassional use or if you aren't getting enough fat in your diet.
    I would. 18g of fat in a MRP is damn high.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    It's on the back of the muscle milk containers, Bobo

    But, it looks like the original poster of that info hit the nail on the head...
    Well then there is a reason why I never heard of that.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  8. I like fat.

  9. I've been saying this over and over. They pimp Muscle Milk at my gym. I have argued this point to no avail with the trainers there. I keep telling them to get something healthier and maybe their clients will stop looking like a Krispie Kreme commercial.

  10. They push MM at my gym HARD as well and i'm a trainer there. The worst part is that they push it as a post workout shake which is the absolute worst time to drink this stuff. But they also put oreos, glutamine and peanut butter in their "recovery" smoothies (yes i'm serious).

  11. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I like fat.
    Denial is a bitch
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Denial is a bitch
    I have no will power.

  13. Damn, no more 3 MM shakes a day
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  14. MM is fine for an occasional "cheat milkshake" IMO, because it tastes damn good (especially root beer float), and for that purpose seems right. 18g of fat/serving is silly, even for good fat (although sometimes my peanut butter consumption certainly rivals that, and a T of flax is pretty close). MCT's are seemingly better than most, but I think you guys are exactly right. Really high cals and extra fats aren't gonna help, except of you're bulking like hell. Even then, though, muscle milk is pretty much like a liquid candy bar with added protein.

  15. Peanut butter isn't fat.....is it? ......but it tastes so damn gooooood. Seriously....that is what I use for a fat cheat too. I notice that I'm not the only one who craves the **** when dieting. I remember a guy who had such a hard time dieting due to his lack of will power. The week before a contest, he was going to give in and have a teaspoon of PB and he ate the whole ****ing jar in one sitting. Dumbass hahahahaha

  16. Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Peanut butter isn't fat.....is it? ......but it tastes so damn gooooood. Seriously....that is what I use for a fat cheat too. I notice that I'm not the only one who craves the **** when dieting. I remember a guy who had such a hard time dieting due to his lack of will power. The week before a contest, he was going to give in and have a teaspoon of PB and he ate the whole ****ing jar in one sitting. Dumbass hahahahaha

    HAHA. I don't buy it anymore for that very reason. I like it so much that I can't contain myself..its all flax seed oil and salmon for me

  17. Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Peanut butter isn't fat.....is it? ......but it tastes so damn gooooood. Seriously....that is what I use for a fat cheat too. I notice that I'm not the only one who craves the **** when dieting. I remember a guy who had such a hard time dieting due to his lack of will power. The week before a contest, he was going to give in and have a teaspoon of PB and he ate the whole ****ing jar in one sitting. Dumbass hahahahaha
    ... peanut butter is the "staff of life"

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    They push MM at my gym HARD as well and i'm a trainer there. The worst part is that they push it as a post workout shake which is the absolute worst time to drink this stuff. But they also put oreos, glutamine and peanut butter in their "recovery" smoothies (yes i'm serious).
    Hey you dont happen to train at a B*lly T*tal Fitness do you?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Peanut butter isn't fat.....is it? ......but it tastes so damn gooooood. Seriously....that is what I use for a fat cheat too. I notice that I'm not the only one who craves the **** when dieting. I remember a guy who had such a hard time dieting due to his lack of will power. The week before a contest, he was going to give in and have a teaspoon of PB and he ate the whole ****ing jar in one sitting. Dumbass hahahahaha
    My MRP consists of MM and PB. What do you think about that suckas. I also throw in a banana and some oats. MMMMMM, 1000 calorie meal replacement.
  20. Cool Aaaahhhh....to find a fountain of youth......


    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    My MRP consists of MM and PB. What do you think about that suckas. I also throw in a banana and some oats. MMMMMM, 1000 calorie meal replacement.
    nicely done, nate. If I were still 22, I'd be right there with you! Unfortunately, I am not. Feelin' pretty good for an old guy, though! Just have to stay away from those 1000cal meals!

  21. That's why I'm doing it now because I know I can get away with it. Oh yeah, and I don't do cardio either. Wish I could stay young forever.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by WhutEvr
    I wouldn't call 18gm total fat per serving (75gm) as "packed".
    OK for occassional use or if you aren't getting enough fat in your diet.
    75 g total-->
    -18 Grams of Fat = 162 cals
    -57 Grams Carb & Protein = 228 cals
    -Total Cals: 390

    So, 45.54% of the cals in muscle milk are from fat, that is packed.

    [Just had to do it...too many ppl look at "grams" when "cals" is what they need to focus on.]

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    75 g total-->
    -18 Grams of Fat = 162 cals
    -57 Grams Carb & Protein = 228 cals
    -Total Cals: 390

    So, 45.54% of the cals in muscle milk are from fat, that is packed.

    [Just had to do it...too many ppl look at "grams" when "cals" is what they need to focus on.]
    I like cals.

  24. nate we are dying and we don't know it
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    nate we are dying and we don't know it
    Uhhhh...


    At least I'll die with a tasty Muscle Milk shake in my hand.


    BTW, It's bedtime for me so that means the MM is coming out. It will help me wake up more anabolic. It says so on the jug.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    nicely done, nate. If I were still 22, I'd be right there with you! Unfortunately, I am not. Feelin' pretty good for an old guy, though! Just have to stay away from those 1000cal meals!

    Don't ya just hate these young punk ass bitches.....oh well....I'll just go juice my spinach and carrots and turn on Fox news now

  27. I love the taste of MM, but I think it's a bunch of crap. I returned 2 tubs to GNC after finishing both. I didn't see crap in the results dept. and I felt it was overpriced compared to regular whey.

    But, to each his (or her) own.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Don't ya just hate these young punk ass bitches.....oh well....I'll just go juice my spinach and carrots and turn on Fox news now
    I don't want to hear it ya geezer. You had your chance, now it's this young punks turn to cash in on his youth.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I don't want to hear it ya geezer. You had your chance, now it's this young punks turn to cash in on his youth.

    Yeah...but I didn't know any of this when I was young.....I want to hit the rewind button damn-it

  30. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I don't want to hear it ya geezer. You had your chance, now it's this young punks turn to cash in on his youth.
    n-dogg's fired up! Must be youthful testosterone plus some roid rage from that 4AD cycle....
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 7 Eating Styles That Make You Fat
    By yeahright in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
  2. Physiological effects of medium-chain triglycerides
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
  3. Does Cardio Make You Lose Muscle?
    By Blown_SC in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Log in
Log in