Wanted: nutritional books/Trusted Authurs

  1. New Member
    Chuck34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    82.67%

    Wanted: nutritional books/Trusted Authurs


    Any recommendations?

  2. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    803
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    15.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    College Textbook: Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism by James Groff (among others), most recent edition (2004 I believe).
  3. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Dynamic Nutrition for Maximum Performance

    by: Daniel Gastelu and Fred Hatfield
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    457
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    9.51%

    Lyle's last few books are good. Check out bodyrecomposition website.
  5. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    Lyle's last few books are good. Check out bodyrecomposition website.
    If you're into UD 2.0 then I suggest you take a look at "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. In my opinion, his diet outline is more effective than UD 2.0 and his book is much more than just a diet outline; it is full of info and easy to read.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  6. New Member
    Chuck34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    82.67%

    Thanks, I'll take a look at these
  7. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,155
    Rep Power
    5098786
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    94.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    If you're into UD 2.0 then I suggest you take a look at "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. In my opinion, his diet outline is more effective than UD 2.0 and his book is much more than just a diet outline; it is full of info and easy to read.
    I agree. I have his book, but he doesn't really outline the diet very well. Also the diagrams are cryptic..Almost like he is foreign or something. It does have excellent information and is easy to read, but like I said he doesn't really outline his diet very well. That part of the book is poorly written.
  8. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I agree. I have his book, but he doesn't really outline the diet very well. Also the diagrams are cryptic..Almost like he is foreign or something. It does have excellent information and is easy to read, but like I said he doesn't really outline his diet very well. That part of the book is poorly written.
    Yes, those diagrams are a bit too creative. But once you figure out the diet, you realize just how simple it is. His website is also full of information that helps clarify things about the diet and exercise techniques.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  9. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,155
    Rep Power
    5098786
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    94.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    Yes, those diagrams are a bit too creative. But once you figure out the diet, you realize just how simple it is. His website is also full of information that helps clarify things about the diet and exercise techniques.
    Another thing is that he says not to count calories, but you have to count all other macros!!. Thats per meal, and per day, so you are inadvertingly counting calories!. So its not like you could ever eat out for a cheat meal, or even get anything for a cheat because you have to obey certain rules, there has to be only a certain amount of protein, carbs, and fat in each meal, and for each day. That is what makes me not want to go on his plan. I have had the book for about 3 years now, and never tried it. I wanted to, but never have because of the reasons I mention. I am on similar plan which works fine for me. I still love the book and have read it over many times. It does have some great information and you never get bored of the book. I don't understand though how he says not to count calories, but then he says to count macos...I do believe what he says about calorie restriction, but he contradicts himself when he says to count macros.
  10. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Another thing is that he says not to count calories, but you have to count all other macros!!. Thats per meal, and per day, so you are inadvertingly counting calories!. So its not like you could ever eat out for a cheat meal, or even get anything for a cheat because you have to obey certain rules, there has to be only a certain amount of protein, carbs, and fat in each meal, and for each day. That is what makes me not want to go on his plan. I have had the book for about 3 years now, and never tried it. I wanted to, but never have because of the reasons I mention. I am on similar plan which works fine for me. I still love the book and have read it over many times. It does have some great information and you never get bored of the book. I don't understand though how he says not to count calories, but then he says to count macos...I do believe what he says about calorie restriction, but he contradicts himself when he says to count macros.
    I don't know... I would go all out on those carb loads easily consuming 1000-2000 calories in one sitting and I still got hella lean hella fast on his diet plan.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Health and Nutrition Books
    By OrganicShadow in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:04 AM
  2. Advice on a few good nutrition books
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:47 PM
  3. Nutritional Books?????
    By supersaiyanbody in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
  4. Nutrition Books?
    By BOHICA in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 04:59 PM
  5. I need a basic sports nutrition book
    By Moyer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in