New "Protein" Bar

Xenocide

Awards
Don't post much but I thought you all might be interested in this, since I'm just so pleased I found a good tasting high-protein bar that doesn't have 380 calories (ahem, Oh Yeah!). Hershey's has jumped on the high-protein bandwagon and come out with Payday Pro. I love Paydays and these taste exactly like regular Paydays.

Amount Per Serving %DV *
Total Calories 240
Total Fat 12 g 18%
Saturated Fat 2 g 10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg 2%
Sodium 170 mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 19 g 6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 15 g 30%

Best part, the added protein is milk protein isolate, whey isolate, and whey concentrate.

Just FYI.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
and low in protien for that amount of cals

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Fair amount of fat as well. IMO protein bars are when there's just absolutely nothing else to eat. It is nice they used milk protein though, most bars have soy protein concentrate..yuck.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I think there enough recipes for people to make their own, and home made bars taste better to be honest. I've yet to eat a protein bar I actually like, most taste bad to okay and are barely chewable or swallowable for me.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think there enough recipes for people to make their own, and home made bars taste better to be honest. I've yet to eat a protein bar I actually like, most taste bad to okay and are barely chewable or swallowable for me.
Soooo with that being said, who has a recipe for a homemade protein bar?

BigSwede

Awards
the odyssey bar [caramel nut] is excellent, but it's mostly SPI. Far too many cals for 15g of protein in the Payday.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Do any of you remember the "Sheesh" bars?

I loved and miss them:sad:

RMT

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Did Sheesh go out of business? I haven't heard anything from him in a while.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Did Sheesh go out of business? I haven't heard anything from him in a while.
I asked him a couple months ago if he was coming back up but he said that if he did it wasn't going to be too soon.

Again :(

RMT

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Sure, the payday Pro has a lot of calories but most of it comes from peanut fat, a fairly good source of monounsaturated fats.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Never been a real fan of protein bars. I think they're a waste of $$$. I get 6 meals / day no problem, just snack on some fat free yogurt and some almonds mid-morning. I'd rather take a whey shake as my drink for breakfast / lunch instead of choking down a disgusting, over-priced, worthless protein terd...

Dispatche

Awards
The only protein bar I've found that's no junk/sugar + pure protein is from Quest. If any1 knows any better ones tell me.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established