Issue with cut.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. If your TDE is 3000, why are you trying for a 700 deficit? 3-500 is plenty - you want the minimum effective plan to keep things moving. If you pull all your calories out now, you have nowhere to go but lower if you hit an impass.

    Adding cardio or extra light feeder sessions and lowering % of diet that is carbs are other tricks to speed things up. Certain drugs like true ephedrine, clenbuterol, and others can make a significant difference as well, but they are more of an ace card. Caffeine and Yohimbe are supps I'd look at first before those (although I am allergic to Y).

    Also, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and eat lots of veggies. Seriously, I promise they make a difference. Not just in satiety, they actually accelerate fat loss for me. Start with a cup a day and work up if you're not used to them.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. Already a lot of great advice here, but I'd like to add to the topic of appetite supression. Besides supplements like stims or hoodia or whatever, there are ways to fill the stomach, though it won't deter cravings so much as appetite. For cravings you need to not feel so restricted by your diet. For appetite, I enjoy the taste of carbonated water, but regardlesa any carbonated 0 kcal drink can help with feeling satiated. Also, you don't really need to limit non-starchy vegetables, so learn to cook and makes vegetables something you love to eat. A lil bit of flavor from meat can benefit a larger portion of vegetables, and get acquainted with spices and seasonings. For me, i love to sautee carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli. I season the carrots with cumin and the broccolli or any added meat with curry powder. I add beans because this is a main meal, not a way to curb appetite, and steam cruciferous veggies on top of the stuff in the pan. I shovel this in my gobber after I add hot sauce and sour cream. So yeah, I add non-diet parts like the sour cream, but just take this for what it's worth. Also always keep in mind sauteeing requires oil and that can add lots of kcals.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    If your TDE is 3000, why are you trying for a 700 deficit? 3-500 is plenty - you want the minimum effective plan to keep things moving. If you pull all your calories out now, you have nowhere to go but lower if you hit an impass.

    Adding cardio or extra light feeder sessions and lowering % of diet that is carbs are other tricks to speed things up. Certain drugs like true ephedrine, clenbuterol, and others can make a significant difference as well, but they are more of an ace card. Caffeine and Yohimbe are supps I'd look at first before those (although I am allergic to Y).

    Also, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and eat lots of veggies. Seriously, I promise they make a difference. Not just in satiety, they actually accelerate fat loss for me. Start with a cup a day and work up if you're not used to them.
    Yeah - so - I was thinking about this and wanted to come back with more advice and I'm going to seem like a crazy A-hole for saying this after Hyde's comments...

    But are you doing a lot of cardio? Because my advice if you are having hunger issues is to drop your calories MORE and drop out the cardio. It seems to me that exercise has some kind of impact on leptin/hunger and the more cardio I do, the more foraging I do. I'm better off with a bigger deficit - but this is NOT standard advice and there are more than one ways to skin a cat (see Hyde above).

    As for the water, sleep and veggies - YES. Especially sleep. During periods of extremely low sleep I find hunger goes through the roof...in line with periods of added cardio - added stress = more hunger.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    Already a lot of great advice here, but I'd like to add to the topic of appetite supression. Besides supplements like stims or hoodia or whatever, there are ways to fill the stomach, though it won't deter cravings so much as appetite. For cravings you need to not feel so restricted by your diet. For appetite, I enjoy the taste of carbonated water, but regardlesa any carbonated 0 kcal drink can help with feeling satiated. Also, you don't really need to limit non-starchy vegetables, so learn to cook and makes vegetables something you love to eat. A lil bit of flavor from meat can benefit a larger portion of vegetables, and get acquainted with spices and seasonings. For me, i love to sautee carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli. I season the carrots with cumin and the broccolli or any added meat with curry powder. I add beans because this is a main meal, not a way to curb appetite, and steam cruciferous veggies on top of the stuff in the pan. I shovel this in my gobber after I add hot sauce and sour cream. So yeah, I add non-diet parts like the sour cream, but just take this for what it's worth. Also always keep in mind sauteeing requires oil and that can add lots of kcals.
    10 posts in and this is gold.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    10 posts in and this is gold.
    Thanks brother. I got such great and detailed feedback from here that I am rather motivated to post decent content
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    If your TDE is 3000, why are you trying for a 700 deficit? 3-500 is plenty - you want the minimum effective plan to keep things moving. If you pull all your calories out now, you have nowhere to go but lower if you hit an impass.

    Adding cardio or extra light feeder sessions and lowering % of diet that is carbs are other tricks to speed things up. Certain drugs like true ephedrine, clenbuterol, and others can make a significant difference as well, but they are more of an ace card. Caffeine and Yohimbe are supps I'd look at first before those (although I am allergic to Y).

    Also, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and eat lots of veggies. Seriously, I promise they make a difference. Not just in satiety, they actually accelerate fat loss for me. Start with a cup a day and work up if you're not used to them.
    Great advice!
    GETDIESEL NUTRITION REP
    IRON LEGION REP
    ALPHAGAINZ REP

  7. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    You've never seen it! How can you make that statement
    I've been using the 2 week free passes they keep sending me!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    Thanks brother. I got such great and detailed feedback from here that I am rather motivated to post decent content
    You're probably the only one of us that doesn't **** around 50% of the time or more

  9. Filling up with water.

  10. This

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank999 View Post
    Carb timing will help - only pre and post workout. No exceptions. Raise your level slightly on healthy fats. Remember - carbs cause craving while fat kills cravings

    plus this

    Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    Already a lot of great advice here, but I'd like to add to the topic of appetite supression. Besides supplements like stims or hoodia or whatever, there are ways to fill the stomach, though it won't deter cravings so much as appetite. For cravings you need to not feel so restricted by your diet. For appetite, I enjoy the taste of carbonated water, but regardlesa any carbonated 0 kcal drink can help with feeling satiated. Also, you don't really need to limit non-starchy vegetables, so learn to cook and makes vegetables something you love to eat. A lil bit of flavor from meat can benefit a larger portion of vegetables, and get acquainted with spices and seasonings. For me, i love to sautee carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli. I season the carrots with cumin and the broccolli or any added meat with curry powder. I add beans because this is a main meal, not a way to curb appetite, and steam cruciferous veggies on top of the stuff in the pan. I shovel this in my gobber after I add hot sauce and sour cream. So yeah, I add non-diet parts like the sour cream, but just take this for what it's worth. Also always keep in mind sauteeing requires oil and that can add lots of kcals.

    Are you taking/have tried any appetite suppressants? there are a lot on the market, both OTC and pharma. Anecdotally I take Claritin-D during the (full duration of the) allergy season and found that about 3 days in it kills my appetite pretty completely.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/281831-sparkss-journey-recovery.html
  11. Issue with cut.


    1.) track the macros
    2.) have a "tasty" healthy menu. I have to have a meal prep company do all my weekday meals bc I'm lazy and I'm a **** cook
    3.) have tasty healthy items in your house to curb cravings. I crave sugar so I have kashi cinnamon crunch cereal , yasso cookie dough ice cream , quest cereal bars , combat crunch bars are my go to sweets
    4. Have a legit real cheat meal on the weekend! No halo top ****!
    5.) don't bring bad **** home !

    You can do it
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

  12. Greek yogurt is a bomb replacement for sour cream, for anyone who hasn't tried it. Use it all the time.

    Also, I agree on limiting cardio until it needs to be implemented (beyond basic heart health stuff). If you're doing an hour of cardio per day just to maintain on 1800 calories for example, you're screwed unless you either drop even lower or add MORE activity.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  13. Thanks for all the responses, MUCH appreciated! I figured it out. I replaced my usually cardio with swimming. Swimming has always made me hungry. Will go late at night, take protein and go to bed. See if that works.
    If one were to combine the exhaust sound of Audi, the handling of BMW and the engines of Mercedes. You basically have a Porsche.
    German Blood Pride.

  14. seriously, Invictus kills my cravings! it's also amazing on a cut...especially if you're increasing your training intensity and cutting carbs/cals.

    Remember telling your body to do more with less is very stressful...if cortisol is high, you likely can't cut fat. And, if cortisol is high, you'll likely face intense cravings.

    As hulk said previously, this is a great time to give it a try...50% off until the 2nd at iron-legion.com
    Iron Legion Rep

  15. In on this!!!
    Use rep code "FireTitan"
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need help with Cutting Cycle plz
    By Niroc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 01:45 PM
  2. Need help with cutting diet
    By USOC in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 07:53 PM
  3. Please help out with cutting cycle!
    By Ript22Swole in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 01:08 PM
  4. timing issues with igf and insulin
    By GH_MAN in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 02:29 PM
  5. ok guys i need some help with cutting....
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Log in
Log in