Optimal macro weight for losing weight

bellamy7900

Awards
Simple question , cutting at 1993 calories, based on my BMR at light exercise what would be an ideal macro percentage .

Thanks

bellamy7900

Awards
I'm somewhere between a meso and Endo body type. Was thinking something like 25%fast 35 carb 40 protein. Think I should go but higher protein and lower carbs?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macros are highly dependent on each person. See what works for you. I would keep protein higher while cutting. How much do you weigh?

bellamy7900

Awards
Currently I'm 178, 37 years old. 5ft 10 inches

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm somewhere between a meso and Endo body type. Was thinking something like 25%fast 35 carb 40 protein. Think I should go but higher protein and lower carbs?
This sounds like a good start. Percentages aren't always the best method for determining macros though. I would start by setting protein to 1g/pound of body weight (178g) and work your carbs and fats around that. When dieting, I always like to keep fats a little lower so I can eat more carbs. I wouldn't suggest bringing fats below 15-20% of total calories, but play around with it and see what works best for you.

At the end of the day, if you're in a deficit you'll lose weight.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Personally on a cut i tend to aim for 1.5g of protein (for satiety reasons) and ~0.4g of fat per lb of body weight and then add carbs to meet caloric intake, works for me but I generally do not drop my caloric intake below body weight in lbs x13.5 or 14

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Very independent, I've cut on what some would consider low protein(120grams at 175 bw) and had great results. Usually though, most tend to do better on a higher fat, low carb cut, or higher carb, lower fat diet while keeping protein constant.