Help with calorie deficit for fat loss. Confused

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys!

I have been going through different websites and have been reading so many different ways to calculate a caloric deficit for fat loss

I'm 195
17%BF
27 yo
Work out 5 times a week
Fasted cardio Monday Wednesday Friday

Right now I'm only eating about 1800 cals per day

100-130g carbs
200g protein
85g fat

(Roughly)

I know I'm definitely not eating enough

Can all the pros on here help me figure out what calorie consumption I would roughly need a day? And what macros need to be?

My fat doesn't seem to be going anywhere, about 3 weeks in.

Cheers!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys!

I have been going through different websites and have been reading so many different ways to calculate a caloric deficit for fat loss

I'm 195
17%BF
27 yo
Work out 5 times a week
Fasted cardio Monday Wednesday Friday

Right now I'm only eating about 1800 cals per day

100-130g carbs
200g protein
85g fat

(Roughly)

I know I'm definitely not eating enough

Can all the pros on here help me figure out what calorie consumption I would roughly need a day? And what macros need to be?

My fat doesn't seem to be going anywhere, about 3 weeks in.

Cheers!!
Let me chime in a couple of my "experts". lifted67 and Alpha1agreda? They know how to do all that calculation stuff. Now what I do feel comfortable telling you is this. Sometimes you may be doing the right things, just need minor modifications to your routine. The human body is very adaptable, and routines become just that... routine. Might need to change up your training to throw your body for a loop.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Same weight as you man , it's very individual thing as I'm sure you know but being strict as possible and clean as possible with no extra stuff (sodium, seasonings, snacks etc) should help my cutting macros would be 300protein 100 carbs 50 fat and fat is from almonds unsalted . And cheat meals 1 every 10-12 days I use to do it every week but when being strict it's better every 10 days min. Also daily cardio 10 minutes heart rate above 120 . Aminos all day. Spread the macros over 6 meals daily . And ECY never hurts lol but dial in the macros first . Some tips I was able to et in while at work !

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same weight as you man , it's very individual thing as I'm sure you know but being strict as possible and clean as possible with no extra stuff (sodium, seasonings, snacks etc) should help my cutting macros would be 300protein 100 carbs 50 fat and fat is from almonds unsalted . And cheat meals 1 every 10-12 days I use to do it every week but when being strict it's better every 10 days min. Also daily cardio 10 minutes heart rate above 120 . Aminos all day. Spread the macros over 6 meals daily . And ECY never hurts lol but dial in the macros first . Some tips I was able to et in while at work !
And thats why I summoned you!!

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Let me chime in a couple of my "experts". lifted67 and Alpha1agreda? They know how to do all that calculation stuff. Now what I do feel comfortable telling you is this. Sometimes you may be doing the right things, just need minor modifications to your routine. The human body is very adaptable, and routines become just that... routine. Might need to change up your training to throw your body for a loop.
Thanks for the response!

I started initially doing fasted cardio every day with HIIT after my lifting days.

Then I changed to fasted only 3 days a week because I was told it's over kill. Usually I change things up, see how I feel and go from there.

And I can tell you, no matter what I do I feel soft haha. Somethings gotta be happening here.

I was at one point 220 about 16-14%

I am now 195-190 at 17%. I hate it. I want to get closer to single digits Before attempting a bulk
again.

Tried sending pics but I'm too much of a forum noob

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response man.

At 100g carbs a day, don't you feel flat / depleted?

I'm going to clarify, I am natural at the moment.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response man.

At 100g carbs a day, don't you feel flat / depleted?

I'm going to clarify, I am natural at the moment.
Yeah it's something you gotta play with but low carb high protein works to lose the weight for me and if I keep 40g around workout and 30g the two following meals it's not as bad

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the response!

I started initially doing fasted cardio every day with HIIT after my lifting days.

Then I changed to fasted only 3 days a week because I was told it's over kill. Usually I change things up, see how I feel and go from there.

And I can tell you, no matter what I do I feel soft haha. Somethings gotta be happening here.

I was at one point 220 about 16-14%

I am now 195-190 at 17%. I hate it. I want to get closer to single digits Before attempting a bulk
again.

Tried sending pics but I'm too much of a forum noob
I was a noob too, still am in some cases. You follow what Alpha and Lifted tell you and youll see some results!!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
How tall are you home slice?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I was a noob too, still am in some cases. You follow what Alpha and Lifted tell you and youll see some results!!
Thanks man!

Def a noob to cutting,

I've been lifting since I was 14 and have fluctuated from 185-235 and back my whole life

Ex middle linebacker. Played for 12 years

As a football player I never worried about looking ripped, I just wanted to eat everything and be huge haha

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man!

Def a noob to cutting,

I've been lifting since I was 14 and have fluctuated from 185-235 and back my whole life

As a football player I never worried about looking ripped, I just wanted to eat everything and be huge haha
Yep!! Inside LB and Defensive end here. But at that time, i was cut, and solid. I put on the anti muscle loop 17 years ago(wedding ring) and it took it out of me. NO COMMENT NEEDED LIFTED!! I know your married AND jacked. But im getting back there

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Yep!! Inside LB and Defensive end here. But at that time, i was cut, and solid. I put on the anti muscle loop 17 years ago(wedding ring) and it took it out of me. NO COMMENT NEEDED LIFTED!! I know your married AND jacked. But im getting back there
I'm not there yet! I have bought the ring, and plan on popping the Q in a few months time.... BUT THERES STILL A CHANCE

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man!

Def a noob to cutting,

Don't worry bro I went from 160-220 and I was fat as shlt haha had to cut down to 187 to look somewhat lean but just stayed strict to the diet and small meals through out the day low carb

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry bro I went from 160-220 and I was fat as shlt haha had to cut down to 187 to look somewhat lean but just stayed strict to the diet and small meals through out the day low carb
Wish I could show u guys how I looked at 225. Still had abs.

Darn forum restrictions

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I didn't say nothing!!! LOL Need I remind you that only 6 years ago I was a 5'8" 215 pound fat ass?!?

5'11.

I tell the girls I'm 6' tho.
Don't worry your secret is safe with me, as for your plateau, I would recommend doing like 3 days straight at 1500 or so calories, I know it'll be a bitch but then on your heaviest lift day, whether it's squats or deads or whatevs bump up to at least 2500 calories, then back down to like 1500-1800 or so, do that like twice a week, because according to your stats your maintenance calories should be around 2800, you just may have tried to do too much too quickly and the cardio shut down your metabolism, a nice big meal on a hard workout day maybe just do the trick to restart your fat burning.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That seems like very little calories for someone your weight. How long have you been dieting? You may want to reverse up for a few weeks to a month to give you body a quick rest.

Have you tried any supplements? One ingredient I suggest for anyone cutting is forskolin. Forskolin will raise cAMP levels within one's body. It is a non stimulant ingredient that will increase thyroid function, can increase testosterone and in untrained people, has shown to increase lean mass while increasing fat loss. I will post some useful articles below for you.

OxyMax XT contains a full dose of forskolin along with other ingredients to help increase fat loss. The combo of caffeine and alpha-y are great. The caffeine content is similar to a cup of coffee, so it is not overbearing. Additionally, the Eria Jarnesis extract and Beta-Phenylethylamine are great at helping the brain release dopamine which helps you achieve that "feel good" feeling. When dieting for a long time or even a short time, but on low cals, people can become irritable. These ingredients will greatly curb that and it can be felt with the first dose.

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-the-t-boosting-capsule-you-need-to-take
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what you mean, man! I'm getting back on the fat loss train very soon, as I slacked off after an illness.

IMO, keeping protein and fats high is very important. As a natural, going too low on fats can affect your hormone production. I remember reading somewhere the you should try to get somewhere around .45 grams of fat per pound of BW.

In addition, fat is tasty and can be very satiating, especially with higher protein.