Meal Plan Help

Ott

Awards
I need help creating a cutting meal plan. The problem is that I don't have a lot of money to spend and I don't have a lot of storage space (cold food wise). Could anybody help give me a "list" of foods that I could look into?

Killcure666

Awards
Carbs - oats, sweet potatoes, potatoes, whole grain bread, brown rice, quinoa, berries, apples

Proteins- chicken breasts, canned chicken, canned tuna, smoked meats, eggs

Fats - almonds, peanuts, walnuts, real peanut butter

Vegetables- any

All the basic staple foods are relatively cheap. The trick is knowing how to cook them and combine them in delicious ways!

versso

Awards
Ott, I see you are a Marine and in San Diego. A 10lb bag of chicken breast cost $22 and can last 1-2 weeks. A sack of sweet potatoes cost $9, and bag of brown rice for $20 that can feed your whole battalion. Mixed veggies cost about $8 a pack and can last 1 week. You can also get jugs of mixed nuts for $20, olive oil to cook with or avocados for $6. Coconut oil is also great and less than $20 and can last forever. I you eat eggs, you can purchase 48 eggs for $9 at Costco.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First out I would calculate your calorie intake each day for your cutting plan and then buy cheap sources or proteins carbs and fats to meet those goals. I like the 50 dollar budget videos that animal did with evan centopani.

Ott

Awards
Versso
Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to check all the surrounding stores (including the commissary on base) because I currently do not own a vehicle. But if that's the general pricing, it's not too bad.

LeanEngineer
I just checked that out. Pretty good cheap grocery list and meal plan he had. I liked that.

versso

Awards
I completely understand. I used to be in the Army and stationed down at Fort Irwin, which is in the middle of nowhere between LA and Vegas. I didn't have s vehicle my first few years out there. Commissary should have all you need if that is the most convenient.