Meal Plan Help

Ott

Awards
I need help creating a cutting meal plan. The problem is that I don't have a lot of money to spend and I don't have a lot of storage space (cold food wise). Could anybody help give me a "list" of foods that I could look into?

Killcure666

Awards
Carbs - oats, sweet potatoes, potatoes, whole grain bread, brown rice, quinoa, berries, apples

Proteins- chicken breasts, canned chicken, canned tuna, smoked meats, eggs

Fats - almonds, peanuts, walnuts, real peanut butter

Vegetables- any

All the basic staple foods are relatively cheap. The trick is knowing how to cook them and combine them in delicious ways!

versso

Awards
Ott, I see you are a Marine and in San Diego. A 10lb bag of chicken breast cost $22 and can last 1-2 weeks. A sack of sweet potatoes cost $9, and bag of brown rice for $20 that can feed your whole battalion. Mixed veggies cost about $8 a pack and can last 1 week. You can also get jugs of mixed nuts for $20, olive oil to cook with or avocados for $6. Coconut oil is also great and less than $20 and can last forever. I you eat eggs, you can purchase 48 eggs for $9 at Costco.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First out I would calculate your calorie intake each day for your cutting plan and then buy cheap sources or proteins carbs and fats to meet those goals. I like the 50 dollar budget videos that animal did with evan centopani.

Ott

Awards
Versso
Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to check all the surrounding stores (including the commissary on base) because I currently do not own a vehicle. But if that's the general pricing, it's not too bad.

LeanEngineer
I just checked that out. Pretty good cheap grocery list and meal plan he had. I liked that.

versso

Awards
I completely understand. I used to be in the Army and stationed down at Fort Irwin, which is in the middle of nowhere between LA and Vegas. I didn't have s vehicle my first few years out there. Commissary should have all you need if that is the most convenient.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jlorenzo92 Bulking 12
Weight Loss 13
xcharliemikex Bulking 8
Nutrition / Health 11
Weight Loss 3