Diet advice.

JerryCool17

Awards
Okay I'm started to get way to damn frustrated... I guess to some people I am a mass monster look great an then to some I'm a fat disgusting hillbilly looking fat ass. I need help getting a diet. I can gain size without a problem im strong as hell but I'm not "cut" I'm 285 17% body fat I work at a desk but I do of course do cardio and train at least two hours. I would greatly appreciate the help on telling me what macros I should eat how much carbs and how much fat. Please help.....

JG93

JG93

Awards
iifym.com
Plug your info in.
The way to lose weight is not eating as much.
Just an FYI. Who the hell cares what other people think?
You do you.

Diet is key here obviously.
Get it set With your macros, stay on track, and fat will come off.

Don't expect it to happen. In one day

It's early, gotta get to the gym!

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Okay I'm started to get way to damn frustrated... I guess to some people I am a mass monster look great an then to some I'm a fat disgusting hillbilly looking fat ass. I need help getting a diet. I can gain size without a problem im strong as hell but I'm not "cut" I'm 285 17% body fat I work at a desk but I do of course do cardio and train at least two hours. I would greatly appreciate the help on telling me what macros I should eat how much carbs and how much fat. Please help.....
Personally I aim for between a minimum of 1.5 g of protein per lb of lean body mass to 1.5 of body weight, fats I aim for between 60 and 100 g depending on goals and carbs I manipulate to reach caloric intake - my maintenance caloric intake is somewhere around my body weight multiplied by 16 (currently that would be ~2850) so for weight loss I aim for nett caloric intake (after deducting calories burned through any cardio) of body weight x 13.5 which is currently ~2400 kcals

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Personally I aim for between a minimum of 1.5 g of protein per lb of lean body mass to 1.5 of body weight, fats I aim for between 60 and 100 g depending on goals and carbs I manipulate to reach caloric intake - my maintenance caloric intake is somewhere around my body weight multiplied by 16 (currently that would be ~2850) so for weight loss I aim for nett caloric intake (after deducting calories burned through any cardio) of body weight x 13.5 which is currently ~2400 kcals
So wait, at the end of the day, you are +/net 2400 calories? If you truly want to lose weight you need to be at a deficit of 3500 calories to burn 1 pound (-500 calories x 7 days) = 1 lb lost in one week....

Please clarify and I know we can help.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
My maintenance level is approximately 2850 (BW x 16 @ 178 lbs) and when I try and lose weight I generally have a net calorie intake of 2450 (BW x 13.5) so daily 450 below maintenance (3150 below weekly) whenever I cut I always try and lose between 0.5 to 1lb per week.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gotcha, thank you for the clarity, sounds like you are on the right track for caloric intake