Help, I'm sick of it! - AnabolicMinds.com

Help, I'm sick of it!

1. I know nothing...

Help, I'm sick of it!

As I mentioned before, I've been on antibiotics since december, doc doubled my dose last month and since then I can't drink milk anymore, get bloated, uncomfortable in my stomach and farting like crazy (sorry for the details). I've tried 2 different brands of lactase enzymes but they didn't do **** for me. I'm just about give up on milk and it sucks

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm finishing 3 week of SD and I stopped using antibiotics during this time, but my stomach so ****ed up it didn't help at all.

2. Advanced Member

I need something for this as well. I'm not really lactose intolerant but was on heavy heavy antibiotics during much of my early childhood due to terrible and frequent ear infections. Probably screwed up my intenstinal bacteria or something.

I get the same response...real bad bloating and terrible gas. Its just too good to not drink though.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Try some quality probiotics instead of the enzymes. You can replace the bacteria that the antibiotics have killed..especially since you are off of them.

Some people do develope lactos intolerance latter in life but IMO this is more often the result of intestinal flora imbalace. Can't hurt to try probiotics though.
    •   

4. I know nothing...

Yep, using probiotics, didn't help at all, I might try different brand. Today I'm sick again, didn't eat since morning. ****...
  5. New Member

You have to take the probiotics at a different time than you take the antibiotics also, otherwise they will do no good.
  6. I know nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by g4ud1n
    You have to take the probiotics at a different time than you take the antibiotics also, otherwise they will do no good.
    Alright I'll do that, but like I said I was off antibiotics for the last 3 weeks during SD cycle and it didn't help either. Stopping SD and starting antibiotics today. Is refrigerated probiotics better that non-refrigerated?
  7. New Member

The non-refrigerated ones just go through a process that lets them stay stable at room temperature. If you can afford it, the Garden of Life Primal Defense is really good. But if you don't want to get that go for the Kyodopholis 9.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My wife has IBS and NOW's Gr8-dophilus seems to be helping a bit coupled with another supp. She's almost cured of the IBS from using a product called Molo-Cure. It's an aloe islolate extract. If your guts keep giving you really bad troubles then check it out. Pricey but it saved her from misery.
  9. I know nothing...

Interesting thing is one day I can drink milk all day long and feel just fine, then next day after only few cups of milk will be sick as hell. Go figure... I talked to my doc about it, he couldn't help me unless he runs bunch of tests and I don't have insurance. He gave me few free samples of Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium), seemed to help a bit, but I'm out of it now. I think I'll stop drinking milk for now, it's just sucks to lose such a good sourse of protein.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

That does suck. I'd be lost without dairy..whey is my ticket to round off my protein percentage.

Gastro stuff is so hard to pin down. In our case Drs provided basically no help at all so I went alternative and she's been having pretty good results.

I'd suggest making a diet log with a symptom scale for each day, that way you can track what you ate and how it made you feel a little better. If its intestinal then there's a delayed reaction but a log will make it clear if say dairy had a negative effect.

Good luck and I hope everything resolves itself.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

try yogurt with live cultures
  12. I know nothing...

Thanks, Bioman, for your advise, it's good idea. I kinda been doing it in my head, but not on paper. Another thing is I can eat cottage cheese, cheese, whey proteins, yogurts without problem at all, feels like I can digest dairy, but not milk. Hmm...
    Knowbull, I try to eat as much yogurt as possible, but I can afford it when it's on sale only.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

! cup a day is all you need till things get back to normal, after a while you should be able to tolerate milk in small doses ie on granola, or cereal, gradually increase your intake, then make sure to drink at least one cup of milk or dairy daily otherwise your bowels wont tolerate it
  14. I know nothing...

Just went to health store and bought different brand of probiotics, see how it goes. And thanks for all your help.
  15. SJA
    dead sexy wino

Dmitry - What is your ethnicity? If you are of Asian desent, I've heard that this is a common trait. If not, why even worry about milk if you can eat the other things like cottage cheese etc..

I've been having bloating issues as of late. Garlic and onions (even small quantities kill me). the pain is sometimes unbearable. Milk is also a killer for me and I can eat CC and the other things that you've mentioned with no problem. I've been trying to narrow it down and here is something interesting.

When I went on vacation, I ate everything in sight (including milk and ice-cream) with no problems. I was also supplement free (for the most part) that week. I came home and immediately started having problems again. So the first thing that I did was order whey isolate instead of concentrate to see if that is the problem. My thought is that maybe I'm building up the lactose in my system with whey and when I drink milk it just sends me over my tolerance limit. The garlic and onions are another deal and I think that may have something to do with acid buildup in my stomach from my "concoctions" that I drink. Things like CEE, Arginine, CM, nootropics and maybe even ascorbic acid may be the culprits. So I'm going to start experimenting.

Please keep me apprised of your progress as I'm interested in what you come up with.
  16. I know nothing...

I’m not asian, I’m white, when I don’t tan.

I didn’t know garlic can give you stomach problems, I started garlic (Now Foods) with my SD cycle and since then I had few days when I couldn’t eat at all. I still gained 5 lb and leaned out a bit but I had very hard time to eat enough cals.

So, may be I blamed milk for nothing. Hmm...

Anyway, I’m dropping all my supps for few weeks and give myself a brake, just run nolva for pct. Then slowly start introducing some supps and keep track of it and all my food I eat.

I just am not ready to give up on milk, it saved my ass so many times when I get busy.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Some of those supps can definitely tear you up. Plain whey concentrate eats my guts up. I have to use ON 100% whey..it's the only brand I can stomach because it has digestive enzymes in it. I'd love to patronize ATW but I tried and can't handle it.

I can eat garlic by the handful..thank god. lol
  18. SJA
    dead sexy wino

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Some of those supps can definitely tear you up. Plain whey concentrate eats my guts up. I have to use ON 100% whey..it's the only brand I can stomach because it has digestive enzymes in it. I'd love to patronize ATW but I tried and can't handle it.

I can eat garlic by the handful..thank god. lol

Is ON 100% whey a pure isolate? I just bought some ATW isolate to see if it helps. I know that Bobo said that slower digesting proteins may help with bloat....may have to try that next.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

ON is an Iso/concentrate mix. If i rely on it too heavily during bulking I definitely get bloaty but it seems like I can digest it a lot better than standard iso/conc mixes.

I'll probably hit ATW up for some casein when I resume bulking and give that a try.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MMV3 making me puke...help me get rid of it? :)
    By redrocket399 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
  2. Chicken - R U sick of it like we are?
    By Viperspit in forum Recipes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 02:13 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 09:49 AM
  4. I AM SICK.. of feeling over loaded with info
    By WanaKnowMore in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 07:34 PM