How much cardio

JerryCool17

Awards
Hey iv been keto for the past week. I haven't weighed myself yet cause I don't have a scale but when I started I was 275 I feel great but I haven't done cardio for the past week. Should I hold it off for another week or so or should I start it if so how much should I do when shoul I do it and how should I do it? Iv never done a SERIOUS cut for a show and my show is in September if that helps. Thanks guys!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you losing weight with the changes you made?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Until you know how much you are down and if you have lost weight you cannot judge it, what about measurements e.g. waist to check for fat loss or using BF calipers as a rough guide.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend doing 2-3 light cardio sessions per week just for cardiovascular health. I would view cardio as a way to create a calorie deficit. If you're losing weight with diet alone, there's no need to add in cardio. Only add in cardio when your fat loss stalls. Don't just add cardio for the hell of it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with john.patterson. if you're seeing good results with just changing up your diet then cardio isn't needed. If you do both you will definitely speed up the process though;)

jonatan

jonatan

Awards
Can I do gym with keto diet like 3 days a week

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Can I do gym with keto diet like 3 days a week
You will not get into ketosis eating a keto diet only 3 days a week. It takes 1-2 weeks of continuous no carb (<30g per day) dieting to enter ketosis

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would recommend doing 2-3 light cardio sessions per week just for cardiovascular health. I would view cardio as a way to create a calorie deficit. If you're losing weight with diet alone, there's no need to add in cardio. Only add in cardio when your fat loss stalls. Don't just add cardio for the hell of it
This^^^

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To avoid creating a new thread. I can't run, really. I had a severe DVT post surgery a few years back and my vein narrows in a few places in my leg, especially my calf. If I run for too long/too fast, my leg swells and hurts. Feels like it's going to explode. Yesterday I did about 45 seconds at 7.2 on the treadmill and had to stop.

Any suggestions? My lung capacity blows, but whenever I run on the treadmill I don't get winded. I probably could have kept going for a while at that speed if my leg wasn't dying on me.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
To avoid creating a new thread. I can't run, really. I had a severe DVT post surgery a few years back and my vein narrows in a few places in my leg, especially my calf. If I run for too long/too fast, my leg swells and hurts. Feels like it's going to explode. Yesterday I did about 45 seconds at 7.2 on the treadmill and had to stop.

Any suggestions? My lung capacity blows, but whenever I run on the treadmill I don't get winded. I probably could have kept going for a while at that speed if my leg wasn't dying on me.
Sorry to hear that man, that must be frustrating. Have you tried any other forms of cardio? I like adding rowing into my week to switch things up. Rowing can be a great cardio tool and really get your heart rate up

jonatan

jonatan

Awards
No I meant can I do 3 days gym and 3 days Cardio while am
Keto diet

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He does weight lifting 3 days a week and does cardio 3 days a week and is on keto diet