Please help arranging the meals.

Z

Zavijava

Awards
I'm continuing my diet and fixing it all the time. At the moment I'm having slight problems with the BF%. I haven't procressed much for a while - my body just doesn't want to give it away (yeah right).

I'm about 17% @ 180 lbs with 6' body (not too much muscle, huh?).

To my question - is this arrangement good.

#1 0600 AM PREWORKOUT (about 1 cup oatmeal, 40 g quality protein and some berries)

0700 AM WORKOUT

#2 0800 AM POSTWORKOUT (same as pre)

NOW here comes my question, should I eat one more carb meal about 11:00 or change it to fat/protein - and have the final (?) carb meal later?

How many carb meals should I have TOTAL?

I'm going 2000 calories @ 40/40/20

Thanks a lot guys, it's a fine sport.

Z

Zavijava

Awards
Diet @ workout days:

0600 cup oatmeal, some berries, scoop whey and eggwhites

0700WORKOUT

0800 cup oatmeal, cottage cheese, apple, scoop whey

1030 casein/whey drink + olive oil , some carrots

1200 chicken salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber)

0300 tuna salad with olive oil

0600 omelette (1 wholegg & eggwhites)
and some bruccoli

2030 chicken breast / beef / tuna and bruccoli

Total 2000 kcals @ 40/40/20

Should I change one fat meal to carb meal? Where should I put it?

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Diet @ workout days:

0600 cup oatmeal, some berries, scoop whey and eggwhites - drop the fruit add some cottage cheese

0700WORKOUT

0800 cup oatmeal, cottage cheese, apple, scoop whey - drop the fruit again

1030 casein/whey drink + olive oil , some carrots - make this carb/protein no fat

1200 chicken salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber) - add some fat
0300 tuna salad with olive oil

0600 omelette (1 wholegg & eggwhites)
and some bruccoli

2030 chicken breast / beef / tuna and bruccoli - add some fat
Total 2000 kcals @ 40/40/20

Should I change one fat meal to carb meal? Where should I put it?

Keep carbs around training, small amounts of healthy fats in your other meals, looks pretty good besides he little tweaks

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Keep carbs around training, small amounts of healthy fats in your other meals, looks pretty good besides he little tweaks
Certain fruits are every bit as good as vegetables, certain fruits are not. Strawberries, rasberries, blackberries, cherries and grapefruit are all every bit as good as almost any veggie short of the leafy greens. They add variety and flavor to diets, and should not be eliminated on the mantra that "fruit is bad, mmmmkay".

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Certain fruits are every bit as good as vegetables, certain fruits are not. Strawberries, rasberries, blackberries, cherries and grapefruit are all every bit as good as almost any veggie short of the leafy greens. They add variety and flavor to diets, and should not be eliminated on the mantra that "fruit is bad, mmmmkay".
Amen!

Z

Zavijava

Awards
Does anyone know how much time oats take to digest. I have just about 1,5 h to digest before I hit the iron. Should I include some dex/maltodextrin to breakfast/preworkout to get some carbs going ?

Thanks again guys - you are super.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
dex/malto = garbage .. stick with oats, brown rice, yams, et cetera

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i disagree, i like a malto shake either towards the end of my workout or right after. Given your bf% and your goals though, I agree glen. Glens view seems to be the trend these days.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Just grind up some oats in a coffee bean grinder and add it to your shake.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Ground oats make your shake have a puke-like consistency. If you can handle that, more power to ya :)

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Ground oats make your shake have a puke-like consistency. If you can handle that, more power to ya :)
LOL...Nah, as long as it's with water it is fine. Just slam it down. Now, mixed with milk, I can see being like puke.

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
mmmmm, puke...lol. i prefer to think of it as a milkshake.