Advice for a total beginner?

thistimeround

Awards
Hi all! I've been looking for advice but I'm so clueless I'm never sure what would apply to me or not and, to be honest, what people are talking about half the time.

I've gained a lot of weight over the past few years and I've had enough. I've been very slim all my life up until I was about seventeen (twenty two now). I'm 5 foot 1 1/2 and weigh about 13 stone. Last time I was happy with the way my body looked was about 9-9.5 stone however I'd love to get a bit below that - but baby steps! I've been diagnosed with pcos which I'm told can cause weight gain, but honestly, I think it's just my life style. I've been eating badly and I stopped dancing when I was sixteen (it was my main form of exercise). I've gained weight because of poor choices but I want to change.

I have a gym membership but I have no idea what to do! I'm purely interested in weight loss at the minute (I'll probably aim to tone up once I've lost the weight). I've tried various diets and exercise regimes and usually lose about a stone before I get fed up not seeing quick enough results and go back to my bad ways (which obviously doesn't help!)

I'd really love to hear from people who know what they're talking about. I've also been reading a lot about clen and t3's and was wondering what peoples' thoughts were. Basically, if you have any advice, diet, exercise or clen/t3 based, I'd love to hear it. I've never been able to do this on my own so maybe finding support from people who are in the know could help. Sorry for the long post!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My advice is to first do a lot of research. You said you did some research but the more research the better off you will be. Also, the main thing is consistency. It may take you years to reach your goal but you just have to be consistent. I would experiment with some fat burners and trying different types of cardio and changing up your diet plan for your goals. I know this is very broad but I hope it helps.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I agree with lean engineer. However, PLEASE DO NOT start using clen and T3 if you are just beginning. You can really mess yourself up with T3. Also, I have never touched clen or T3. In saying that it is not needed for fat loss if you just do your research and diet/train properly. I would look into carb cycling if I were you. I personally think it is the absolute best/fastest way to shed fat if your training is on point.

Google and searching through the forums are your best friend.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
2 great tips here- get back into and when you hit that wall, you will have a lot more of knowledge on what to add on.

lots of great info and members here bro

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
definitely keep reading up and wanting to know more information. You don't have to know all the technical details, but you will get pretty familiar with anatomy to an extent. Always remember it's about consistency. You have to keep at it for a while, don't be discouraged if it's slower than you thought

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
Avoid the 3 white horsemen Sugars, Flour and Sodium. Start by analyzing what your eating on a daily basis. If possible write it down, keep track for a day or 2, use my fitness pal and take it from there. If possible post an example on what you eat on a daily basis. Your weight in LBS, height and age. I can whip up an example of a healthy meal plan for you.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
First welcome back and congrats for getting back into this. Second. You can go along way before you "need" to jump into things like T3/Clen. Weight loss when done right should come on slow. IMO anything over 2 pounds a week usually doesn't stay gone for the long haul. I've recently lost 35 pounds but that was over almost 40 weeks or so. Just start with a proper caloric deficit and ride it out until the end. Weight loss is all mental games