trying to get jacked - AnabolicMinds.com

trying to get jacked

1. New Member

trying to get jacked

Well after deciding against genetics and trying to cut, I realized that maintaining and working on gaining LBM slowly. Since I am a beginer to nutrition, I should make decent progress. I am eating a about 4,000 caloiries, give or take a 100 depending on if I eat something new or not. I have been leaning down little by little, but maintaining weight. I guess sorta newbie resluts? I see huge guys at my gym, like 300 pounds at around 8% bf and I alwasy say to myself, I want to be like that. I figured I sure won't get there cutting, LOL! The fat I do have, I know will go away, but it is just frustrating, having to wait.....

2. Get big or die trying

Slow and steady is definately the best way to go. Good decision.
  3. New Member

I am figuring it out after researching and trial and error. I just hope to get solid all around, a little fat here and there is no big deal to me as long as I can get bigger. However, that goes to saying that I won't stray away from a healthy bodybuilding diet.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Yeah, everyone makes the mistake of trying to get instant results... Overtaining, burning out, failing to stick to a diet (by being overly rigorous to start or eating **** that you don't like thinking it's only temporary), etc - all come from a lack of patience.
  5. New Member

exnihilo, I just want to get big and yeah it is true about the diet and all. Doing all that bull**** about eating really clean when you are a beginner is setting up for failure. I am just taking baby steps right now. I eat meats, dairy, grains, veggies, healthy fats, fruit. I really don't count my caloires at the moment because I am a beginner, and eating healthy and enough protein is primary. I have been fairly lean at about 220 pounds, but felt lanky and like being big much better. After all this is for the rest of my life. This is a lifestyle and I am not in it for the short term. I believe most guys my age or younger get so wrapped up in the media and looking a certain way that they end up failing at their goals. My goals are simple, get big, and get healthy. I know the bodyfat will drop naturally, so I really don't focus on the short term anymore. Also, My goal is to get to your size Exnihilo. I have always been fascinated by mass. I truely hate the pretty boys at 180 pounds. Being raised with midwest family, if I were 180 my grandma would feed me until I exploded. I have always been able to pack on muscle but have never been skinny. I have been lean but never skinny. I think too many guys think about what girls think of their bodies, and that is not good. Or for that matter, society. I always get stares but I personally like the shock value. Sorta like in pumping iron, when they go to lunch and Arnold says that he loves the look on people's faces when they eat 3 hamburgers or 2 steaks. But I guess that is bodybuilding for you, following the beat of your own drum.
    Last edited by BIGPHILL1984; 04-28-2005 at 01:54 AM. Reason: add
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHILL1984
    exnihilo, I just want to get big and yeah it is true about the diet and all. Doing all that bull**** about eating really clean when you are a beginner is setting up for failure. I am just taking baby steps right now. I eat meats, dairy, grains, veggies, healthy fats, fruit. I really don't count my caloires at the moment because I am a beginner, and eating healthy and enough protein is primary. I have been fairly lean at about 220 pounds, but felt lanky and like being big much better. After all this is for the rest of my life. This is a lifestyle and I am not in it for the short term. I believe most guys my age or younger get so wrapped up in the media and looking a certain way that they end up failing at their goals. My goals are simple, get big, and get healthy. I know the bodyfat will drop naturally, so I really don't focus on the short term anymore. Also, My goal is to get to your size Exnihilo. I have always been fascinated by mass. I truely hate the pretty boys at 180 pounds. Being raised with midwest family, if I were 180 my grandma would feed me until I exploded. I have always been able to pack on muscle but have never been skinny. I have been lean but never skinny. I think too many guys think about what girls think of their bodies, and that is not good. Or for that matter, society. I always get stares but I personally like the shock value. Sorta like in pumping iron, when they go to lunch and Arnold says that he loves the look on people's faces when they eat 3 hamburgers or 2 steaks. But I guess that is bodybuilding for you, following the beat of your own drum.
    Other powerlifters even gape at my eating ability!~ I went with my group of lifters to a burrito shack the day before my last meet, and they had a "bet you can't eat it" challenge with this 2.5lb giant burrito - I ate the entire thing before anyone else even got a quarter of the way through theirs, I put down all the beans and rice that came with it too, and two dishes of tortilla chips... It's funny, when the waiter saw how fast he finished he was like "oh jesus!~". It's too bad that in order to get the champion de la cantina t-shirt you had to drink a 32oz margarita too (not the day before a meet, forget it), but just to show how much of a man I was after the burrito I went to dairy queen and downed a large ice cream float
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Other powerlifters even gape at my eating ability!~ I went with my group of lifters to a burrito shack the day before my last meet, and they had a "bet you can't eat it" challenge with this 2.5lb giant burrito - I ate the entire thing before anyone else even got a quarter of the way through theirs, I put down all the beans and rice that came with it too, and two dishes of tortilla chips... It's funny, when the waiter saw how fast he finished he was like "oh jesus!~". It's too bad that in order to get the champion de la cantina t-shirt you had to drink a 32oz margarita too (not the day before a meet, forget it), but just to show how much of a man I was after the burrito I went to dairy queen and downed a large ice cream float
    Yeah I do that sometimes too. When we go to Outback Steak house or Black Angus, I usually eat the porterhouse and 5 loaves of their whole wheat honey bread, ceasar salad, and big mountain fudge cake. However that is like 2 times a year if that.
  8. dsl
    officially an adult

ex, you are a hoss. lol. how have you managed to not eat yourself out of house and home?
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    ex, you are a hoss. lol. how have you managed to not eat yourself out of house and home?
    I buy in INSANE bulk most of the time. Trader joes is also very cheap for a lot of the things I buy. It's a trick, even being a SUPER thrifty shopper, when I'm eating for size I hit near $400/month on my food bill, and about $250/month currently while trying to lose weight
  10. New Member

What are you trying to get down to? You plan on competing? Also, on a cycle, can you take anti aromtise supps since some if not all people take nolva when on? I mean like Rebound XT or Novadex XT since I am prone to gyno?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trying To Get Jacked
    By soodoo in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 11:09 PM
  2. Trying to get other opinions...
    By anabolik1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 01:25 AM
  4. Replies: 6