Plaintain's......hi or low gi
- 04-26-2005, 06:06 PM
- 04-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Pretty decent IMO. I love slicing some up, rolling them in egg with vanilla extract and covering them with ground oatmeal and a little cinnamon and nutmeg, then baking them. You can put these in the fridge and reheat them also. It's VERY messy so if you don't want to clean up a sticky mess, don't try this.
- 04-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Eeew! Plantains are all about being fried with butter spray and a dash of salt, and being served next to black beans and jerk chicken breast Get it right!~
04-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Those both sound like delicious options.
04-28-2005, 03:45 AM
sweet or regular man. regular seem more like potatoes! Man that sure sounds good exnihilo. authentic but tweaked to be protein/carb. Shoot yeah
04-28-2005, 10:19 AM
it is low for both sweet and regular plaintains?
04-28-2005, 02:11 PM
The ones i usually see in the stores around here (TN) are regular. They're more starchy, less sugary. Kind of like a less sweet banana.
05-09-2005, 02:45 PM
1. do they have to be boiled before being fried?
2. How the **** do I know which ones to buy? How do I know if they are good or ripe? You know what I mean.
05-09-2005, 03:23 PM
2: The green ones are less sweet, I don't like them. Try to find one that looks like a large regular banana, yellowish/orangish with brown spots. These are perfectly balanced between starchy and sweet, with a little salt and some butter spray, MMMMMMMMmmmm.
05-09-2005, 03:59 PM
alot of brown spots or a little? I dont wanna end up buying them only to find them rotten on the inside.
05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Unlike a banana when there are lots of brown spots on the outside of a plantain that means it's just exactly how you want it (if you like it slightly sweet). If it's brown all over that means it's rotten
Similar Forum Threads
- By Draven in forum Weight LossReplies: 112Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight LossReplies: 25Last Post: 02-24-2005, 01:23 PM
- By Alt+F4 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 07-09-2004, 01:41 PM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 18Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:37 AM
- By WiNgS in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 07-04-2003, 01:12 AM