Meal Plan Help (Beginner)

tbeock33

Awards
I started hitting the hard about 7 months ago. I started out at 180-185 and in that timeframe I jumped all the way to 215-220 range. Was always a hard gainer but finally started packing on bulk and weight. The gym life has become something of a passion now so next goal is seeing where it goes eating clean and the right stuff. I want to go for lean muscle and see some of the cuts I guess you could say. I'm 29 and active duty military at FT Bragg, NC so I have an active lifestyle. I'd like to do up to 5 meals a day which I've been told is good but then again I'm asking for advice or even a plan if somebody knows what would be best for me. Any and all help I appreciate.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
First thing I would do is track your caloric intake as of right now with a macro breakdown. Can't really give a specific diet plan without knowing what they're taking in right now and how its affecting them

tbeock33

Awards
I'm still learning the macro breakdown and how it works. Not on any plan. Was just eating your normal unhealthy foods per say. Working on fixing that with a meal plan I can prep and take to work with me everyday. Pretty trying to figure out where to start.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
There's apps you can use on your phone that can give you the macros of literally any food you eat even if its from a restaurant or fast food, even just a Google of certain foods. Even if its a rough estimate of what you're taking in right now because say you're taking in 4,000 calories a day right now then someone not knowing that tries to help and gives you a 2,000 calorie diet you're gonna wreak some havoc on your metabolism and stall out quick

tbeock33

Awards
There's apps you can use on your phone that can give you the macros of literally any food you eat even if its from a restaurant or fast food, even just a Google of certain foods. Even if its a rough estimate of what you're taking in right now because say you're taking in 4,000 calories a day right now then someone not knowing that tries to help and gives you a 2,000 calorie diet you're gonna wreak some havoc on your metabolism and stall out quick
I saw a couple websites/apps that broke down the macros. Basically saying I need a plan around

The calculator recommends the following changes to your macros:
Calories : (null) -> 3533
Min Carbs : 0 -> 173
Max Carbs : 1000 -> 442
Min Fats : 0 -> 98
Max Fats : 1000 -> 196
Min Proteins: 0 -> 201
Max Proteins: 1000 -> 442

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I saw a couple websites/apps that broke down the macros. Basically saying I need a plan around

The calculator recommends the following changes to your macros:
Calories : (null) -> 3533
Min Carbs : 0 -> 173
Max Carbs : 1000 -> 442
Min Fats : 0 -> 98
Max Fats : 1000 -> 196
Min Proteins: 0 -> 201
Max Proteins: 1000 -> 442
Okay cool an example of a diet I would do for myself with those macros would be

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 1 banana, handful of blueberries. 6oz beef, 6 egg whites.

Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 8oz sweet potato, 6 oz leafy greens, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 3: same as meal 2.

Post workout: 35g whey isolate, 25g carbs from HBCD or 5% nutrition 'real food'

Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 8oz leafy greens, 1tbsp olive oil.

Meal 5 before bed: 2 whole eggs, 8 egg whites, 1bsp olive oil.

Again just an example of what I would do for myself, you could change around protein and carb sources if you'd like I just love chicken and sweet potatoes lol hope this can be of help and thank you for your service bro

tbeock33

Awards
Okay cool an example of a diet I would do for myself with those macros would be

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 1 banana, handful of blueberries. 6oz beef, 6 egg whites.

Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 8oz sweet potato, 6 oz leafy greens, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 3: same as meal 2.

Post workout: 35g whey isolate, 25g carbs from HBCD or 5% nutrition 'real food'

Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 8oz leafy greens, 1tbsp olive oil.

Meal 5 before bed: 2 whole eggs, 8 egg whites, 1bsp olive oil.

Again just an example of what I would do for myself, you could change around protein and carb sources if you'd like I just love chicken and sweet potatoes lol hope this can be of help and thank you for your service bro
That looks awesome and he I'm a chicken fan and could destroy some sweet potatoes. I might try this just to get the hang of it. I appreciate the thanks. Jumping of planes it's definitely worth it haha. Thanks again!!!

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
That looks awesome and he I'm a chicken fan and could destroy some sweet potatoes. I might try this just to get the hang of it. I appreciate the thanks. Jumping of planes it's definitely worth it haha. Thanks again!!!
No problem man i don't know how your metabolism is so if you drop weight quick and feel weak in the gym bump the carbs up a bit, when I cut I only look for 1-2lbs a week fat loss.. vice versa if you start gaining fat weight you can drop them a bit but if you're active I don't see that being an issue.

tbeock33

Awards
No problem man i don't know how your metabolism is so if you drop weight quick and feel weak in the gym bump the carbs up a bit, when I cut I only look for 1-2lbs a week fat loss.. vice versa if you start gaining fat weight you can drop them a bit but if you're active I don't see that being an issue.
Well I put all of it into an app and it's definitely in the macro breakdown range. It's definitely more than I eat now to be honest cause of optempo at work which is why it was mind blowing to see the gains I made and still eating like crap on the go. Sunday's is the day now I'll start prepping and taking this too work with me. Will definitely let you know how the progress goes now that I'll be eating clean

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Well I put all of it into an app and it's definitely in the macro breakdown range. It's definitely more than I eat now to be honest cause of optempo at work which is why it was mind blowing to see the gains I made and still eating like crap on the go. Sunday's is the day now I'll start prepping and taking this too work with me. Will definitely let you know how the progress goes now that I'll be eating clean
If its a lot more than you eat now I'd slowly add the food in especially if youre trying to lean out because your metabolism won't be able to pick up and adjust to like an extra 1k calories overnight and you'll go the opposite direction of what you're trying to do. So maybe keep the calories right about where you're at now but split it into even smaller portions over the 5 meals then week by week add maybe 100 calories extra into your diet until you're fully into the diet. Just trying to lead you into a smoother transition so you don't overdo what you're body is capable of handling at this moment and gain fat weight

tbeock33

Awards
If its a lot more than you eat now I'd slowly add the food in especially if youre trying to lean out because your metabolism won't be able to pick up and adjust to like an extra 1k calories overnight and you'll go the opposite direction of what you're trying to do. So maybe keep the calories right about where you're at now but split it into even smaller portions over the 5 meals then week by week add maybe 100 calories extra into your diet until you're fully into the diet. Just trying to lead you into a smoother transition so you don't overdo what you're body is capable of handling at this moment and gain fat weight
Got it! I'll do like percentage of the portions for each meal and then like add each week.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Perfect bro then you can just post back in this thread if you drop weight too quick or gain weight and we'll figure something out

tbeock33

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454053824.442090.jpg

Well bro I did the meal plan for a while. Bottom right is when I first got in the gym back in August. Top right is the week I started meal prep in November and the left is where I'm at today. Thanks for the help and giving me tips on making the meal prep work. Sitting at a solid 210lbs.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
View attachment 129720

Well bro I did the meal plan for a while. Bottom right is when I first got in the gym back in August. Top right is the week I started meal prep in November and the left is where I'm at today. Thanks for the help and giving me tips on making the meal prep work. Sitting at a solid 210lbs.
That's awesome bro that's some solid progress in such a short time good stuff!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jlorenzo92 Nutrition / Health 12
Weight Loss 5
xcharliemikex Nutrition / Health 8
Nutrition / Health 11
Weight Loss 3