Can anyone explain how do micros work?

vicmagana

vicmagana

Awards
Anyone know where I can learn how it works or have a article to share?

vicmagana

vicmagana

Awards
All take a look see what I can find thanks

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is what wikipedia says too:

"Micronutrients are nutrients required by organisms throughout life in small quantities to orchestrate a range of physiological functions.[1] For people, they include dietary trace minerals in amounts generally less than 100 milligrams/day - as opposed to macrominerals which are required in larger quantities. The microminerals or trace elements include at least iron, cobalt, chromium, copper, iodine, manganese, selenium, zinc and molybdenum. Micronutrients also include vitamins, which are organic compounds required as nutrients in tiny amounts by an organism,[2] as well as phytochemicals.[3]"

The individual micronutrients as well as their functions and fda recommended rdv are likely in that book from my last post.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
think of it this way, they are the support teams that help get **** done in your body.

jaces

jaces

Awards
they are basicly compounds that the body uses to build up tissue,cells etc. they also play important roles like metabolism and energy production as well as maintaining hormone levels and immunity..they are normaly inorganic elements. just google and you should find more on them. why are you interested in micros anyway??

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Micro's = small by definition, in this context I believe it's meant to imply the "other" support nutrients vitamins, minerals ect..., all of which work in harmony.

Macro's = large, the main sustenance, fats, protein, carbs

As an analogy: the macro's are the large rocks and the micros would be the sand that fits in between, combined they merge together seamlessly.