Need help tweaking my diet

beardedwonder

Awards
I am 33 yrs old 218 lbs and fat. Unknown body fat percentage. I am currently at 175g protein 88g fat and 120g carb. I run 4 times a week and have a training schedule that I got from my trainer that has since left my gym. It consists of two power days and three hypertrophy days. I don't puss out in the gym either. But my weight loss has stalled. I do see a change in physique, as in I'm getting more muscle. Should I stay at my current macros since I am getting that change or change them(and how) to maximize fat loss while gaining muscle mass?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe lower your carbs alittle and since your 218 I would adjust your protein intake to 218g and just try that out. Have you tried using a fat burner or maybe a natural anabolic supp like anafuse or follidrone to aide?

beardedwonder

Awards
I was thinking/researching an osta and cardarine stack. But def want to get diet dialed in first. This will be my first true cut. So I want to get it right. Thank you for the advice on macros and supps.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely bring your protein up to 1g per pound of body weight. I would also suggest carb cycling, or at least including a refeed once a week or once every two weeks. Your carbs are pretty low already, so I would set up a plan to cycle your carbs, eating less on rest days and more on heavier training days.

I stick to low/no carb days on my rest days, and cycle between moderate and high carb days on my training days. This has worked very well for me, and it allows some flexibility with my diet

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
beardedwonder keep tracking macros always drop carbs first by 5sor 10 at most then do that for a week and if u aren't dropping then take like 3-5 max fats away but always tweak cars first. Also add 2 days a week of hiit 200 cals a session. Another one to try is most wanted for a good solid natural anabolic and defly look into lipomorph or exotherm!!!!!!!!!!!. lower fats even and add some carbs however fully agree with john.patterson up protein way to low go to like 220

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
That doesn't seem like a lot of calories, especially at your weight. I mean how much are you running, a block? You may not be 100% accurate with your counting. It can be tough. Personally on workout days I'd drop the fat to 50 grams and up your carbs a bit. On non workout days drop carbs to 50 and bring fat back up. I'd also go 200 grams protein all days

beardedwonder

Awards
I am tracking everything that I eat or drink with myfitpals. I can't run much like 2.5 miles and my knees start swelling up. Thanks the the U.S. Military.

beardedwonder

Awards
And I usually get with in 5g of target goals

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
no i hear you on the tracking. but when eyeing serving amounts when not weighing can get tricky. I've F'd up plenty

I think you're eating an amount of calories where weight would still be coming off. Maybe you've been under eating for so long that your metabolism has stalled a bit? Do you ever have an all out cheat days? I get you one of those pronto.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
I would suggest carb cycling as John.patterson has. Maybe it would be worth your while going strict keto (high fat, mod. Protein, very restricted carbs) for 2 or so weeks. Could potentially help to flush out a lot of residual 'crap' ? and also set your body up for carb cycling. I use the 2 frequently and personally love carb cycling. Will never go back to high carb dependence!!
The above would be my advice. Follow just the diet for 3 or 4 weeks and from there implement HIIT 2 or 3 times a week along with regular small decreases in amounts of fat to further increase results. This is the method I use for cutting and I've dropped from 13-9% body fat a couple of weeks back in a very short space of time - just over 3 weeks.
Forgot to mention, training also needs to be on point and I trained 5 times a week.
An ephedra/caffiene stack would then be my ultimate recommendation once you've done the above for 6-8 weeks, as you mentioned you've a lot to lose. I found that stack incredible for energy and mood when cutting on top of second to none effectiveness. Hope this helps a little dude and good luck with the training ???