Body fat scale, which one and where?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be buying a scale and I'd like to get everyone's input on which one to get. Prices too. Tanita?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
For body fat I would go with calipers. Scales that read bf are not that accurate.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Thankyou, you just saved me oh about $89.95 Where could I pick up calipers around my area? S. Florida

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
Mine were cheap at bb.com and came with the cool tape measuring gadget that is probably more accurate than the calipers for progress... google for "accufitness" and you might find a dealer near you.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
Gracias.. I'm going for that sub-3% skeletal look.

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
I bought one a while back (tanita) and its surely not accurate but it can be used to check for increasing/decreasing fat. If I could do it again I wouldnt spend the money but for $80 it weights like a champ!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I think bb.com has them or just run "body fat calipers" through a search engine. They'll probably cost your somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-30.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I bought one a while back (tanita) and its surely not accurate but it can be used to check for increasing/decreasing fat. If I could do it again I wouldnt spend the money but for $80 it weights like a champ!

Those things crack me up. I got on one the week before a contest and it said that I was 20% BF :icon_lol: A guy at work bought one and believes in it. After showing him what I looked like with my shirt off, I got on his scale and it put me at 18%. He was clocked in at 16% but has a lot more fat on him. He realized that is sucked ass.

But as Speakle pointed out, they are pretty accurate for weight.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I got a set of calipers coming in the mail. Got for 17 and change shipped. Turns out Walgreens has the accufitness body measuring tape from my Google search. Need to buy a scale now for my SD cycle coming up. I want to see those lbs. of mass tick over like listening to the revving engine of a Ferrari. :thumbsup:

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What about the big dollar ones? The one at my gym has always seemed to be consistent and, more or less, in agreement with the mirror.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I am still personally looking for a place to do hydrostatic weighing!

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
Even some calipers I bought werent right (could have been me) but they said I was 11% and I doubt that. It was the ones from Bulk Nutrition.