Body fat scale, which one and where?

1. Body fat scale, which one and where?

I'm going to be buying a scale and I'd like to get everyone's input on which one to get. Prices too. Tanita?

2. For body fat I would go with calipers. Scales that read bf are not that accurate.

3. Thankyou, you just saved me oh about $89.95 Where could I pick up calipers around my area? S. Florida
    •   

4. Mine were cheap at bb.com and came with the cool tape measuring gadget that is probably more accurate than the calipers for progress... google for "accufitness" and you might find a dealer near you.

5. Thanks man, cool avatar.

6. Gracias.. I'm going for that sub-3% skeletal look.

7. I bought one a while back (tanita) and its surely not accurate but it can be used to check for increasing/decreasing fat. If I could do it again I wouldnt spend the money but for $80 it weights like a champ!

8. I think bb.com has them or just run "body fat calipers" through a search engine. They'll probably cost your somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-30.

9. Quote Originally Posted by speakle
    I bought one a while back (tanita) and its surely not accurate but it can be used to check for increasing/decreasing fat. If I could do it again I wouldnt spend the money but for $80 it weights like a champ!

Those things crack me up. I got on one the week before a contest and it said that I was 20% BF A guy at work bought one and believes in it. After showing him what I looked like with my shirt off, I got on his scale and it put me at 18%. He was clocked in at 16% but has a lot more fat on him. He realized that is sucked ass.

But as Speakle pointed out, they are pretty accurate for weight.

10. I got a set of calipers coming in the mail. Got for 17 and change shipped. Turns out Walgreens has the accufitness body measuring tape from my Google search. Need to buy a scale now for my SD cycle coming up. I want to see those lbs. of mass tick over like listening to the revving engine of a Ferrari.

11. What about the big dollar ones? The one at my gym has always seemed to be consistent and, more or less, in agreement with the mirror.
  12. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

I am still personally looking for a place to do hydrostatic weighing!

13. Even some calipers I bought werent right (could have been me) but they said I was 11% and I doubt that. It was the ones from Bulk Nutrition.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Body Fat Calipers....which Ones Do You Recommend?
    By BIGGUNZ401 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
  2. Which one and why?
    By telcoguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
  3. Body Fat Scales?
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
  4. diet and body fat scale