Rye and Pumpernickel breads
- 04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
- 04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
depends if they have enriched flour or not
- 04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
what its 100% rye flour or pumpernickel flour
04-13-2005, 05:06 PM
then as far as i know they should be relatively low GI for bread ... do a google search for a gylcemic index and look them both up
04-13-2005, 06:47 PM
both rye and pumpernickel are good breads for BB'ers, as long as that's what they really are (as glen alluded). If they are natural and whole grain, they are low(er) GI and excellent nutrient-wise. As long as they aren't filled with refined flours and/or sugars of some kind.
04-13-2005, 06:56 PM
and there a good for those who get sick of wheat.
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM
- 5'10" 180 lbs.
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
I'm pretty sure they are really low on the GI index. I love pumpernickel. Gotta try to talk Bobo into them though!
04-13-2005, 08:14 PM
why wouldnt bobo try them? there good!!!!
04-17-2005, 01:23 AM
rye and pumpernickel rocks...i always get the 100% all natural loaves from the local middle eastern market. They also have 100% natural millet and flax pita bread type stuff that tastes delicious and is excellent nutrient wise...
hell, 99% of the time they are cheaper there than a regular loaf of bread at the grocery store...
Similar Forum Threads
- By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 15Last Post: 08-08-2012, 01:40 AM
- By RobInKuwait in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 140Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM
- By csakiges in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-12-2004, 11:15 AM
- By hamper19 in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:44 PM
- By dodgeee-O in forum AnabolicsReplies: 17Last Post: 02-13-2003, 12:06 AM