Poor Man's protein shake

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
and the **** tastes good. and good for the morning, doesnt make you wanna puke.

1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water
6 egg whites, one yolk
tang sugar free (to taste)

The tang is what makes it taste good. You wont taste the eggs if you put enough in and if you blend it enough, it wont be runny. Let it sit for about 10 mins for the fizz at the top to disipate wtn drink! I was having problems with my old morning shake (was making me puke in the morning) and this one has helped(my old one had more diary and had fruit juice which was too much) Plus its cheap and has about 40g of protein.

K

knox

Awards
  • Established
sounds pretty good. I recently made myself a new post-workout shake. so far i'm really enjoying it. it consists of---

16oz water
1cup milk
2scoops whey
2 whole eggs
3/4cup oats
2table spoons peanut butter
1 banana
2 slices of peach and pear

before i was really skeptical about eating raw eggs, but you're right, you can't even taste them. sometimes i'll add an orange or an apple or a little brown sugar. all liquified into a tasty smoothy.

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
**** man thats alot of liquid in a shake!

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Undertaker, I'm not sure if it would be a problem, but raw egg whites contain an enzyme that tightly binds to biotin, and can result in a biotin deficiency. Egg yolks contain plenty of biotin as a counter to this problem.

I'm pretty sure you'll be getting enough biotin in your diet, however I've heard this concern before. Just something to be aware of.

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
bobo says whites are fine, I usually add at least one yolk, usually two;)

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sounds pretty good. I recently made myself a new post-workout shake. so far i'm really enjoying it. it consists of---

16oz water
1cup milk
2scoops whey
2 whole eggs
3/4cup oats
2table spoons peanut butter
1 banana
2 slices of peach and pear

before i was really skeptical about eating raw eggs, but you're right, you can't even taste them. sometimes i'll add an orange or an apple or a little brown sugar. all liquified into a tasty smoothy.
Dude I would take out the eggs and PB PWO..You don't want any fats PWO!

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
yes and the milk too, it slows the digestion

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yes and the milk too, it slows the digestion
Kinda odd that you quote Bobo earlier in the thread, then say not to use milk PWO b/c it slows digestion. Who's side are you on here? :confused: :D

J

James007

Banned
Awards
I guarentee you if you add that **** up, that it will be way more expensive than just buying a cheap decent whey protein concentrate. Way more expensive.

W

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guarentee you if you add that **** up, that it will be way more expensive than just buying a cheap decent whey protein concentrate. Way more expensive.
You are so correct - laura - www.allthewhey.com - I mean, have you seen our prices.....we can beat the homemade price, for sure.:poke:

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
yea.....but you should only consume so much whey or casein.....Its good to get some egg protein in too!! So milk doesnt slow digestion of whey?

J

James007

Banned
Awards
yea.....but you should only consume so much whey or casein.....Its good to get some egg protein in too!! So milk doesnt slow digestion of whey?
Eat some hard boiled eggs - the fat is good, not really bad. Meat.. yummy, a novel idea. If you add some whey (1 scoup, 20g) to every meal and use it pre\post workout it will not be too much whey and you will be supplementing more than enough protein.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Bro, Whey is great pre/post workout (mostly pre). My pre-workout shake now is 1 cups milk, 1/2 cup whey, 1 tbsp natty bp, 1 banana and 1/2 cup oats, blended with ice - works pretty well for me.

J

James007

Banned
Awards
Why's everyone have a hardon for peanutbutter - doesn't make sense especially pre wo. But if it works for you, it works for you. You really can't argue with results.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick aside, where do people get their oats from?

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
so milk does Not slow the digestion of whey?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
not according to bobo. I'm taking it for some more clean carbs before and after my wo.

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
guess it was just another one of those myths

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Why's everyone have a hardon for peanutbutter - doesn't make sense especially pre wo. But if it works for you, it works for you. You really can't argue with results.
Because it makes a shake with a banana, oats and whey taste good, and adds less than 100 calories? :think:

G

goa1175

Awards
For PWO shake I like to throw 1-2 servings of powdered milk in with 1 serving of whey powder and 10-12oz of milk. The pwd milk is a cheap way to add protein to just about anything. Doesn't taste bad either.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I would use skim milk post-workout, if you must use milk. You want carbs, but not fat at this time.