Cutting Phase : Motivation Lacking

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
I'm 5' 8" and 201 lbs. I've made tons of muscle mass gains and lost over 125 lbs in the past 3 years. I'm currently on a cutting phase as I'm planning on competing really soon. I hate doing cardio, but hoping to stick to it still and make myself accountable.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the weight loss. I'm confused with the thread though; are you looking for ways to increase your motivation? If so, just imagine how you'll look when you step on stage. All of the hard work will be worth it.

Don't forget, you don't have to do cardio to lose fat. Eating at a deficit will accomplish that. Personally, I would diet without doing cardio as long as I could before adding a single session.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea you can lose fat with diet but if your competing for a show then at some point your going to have to do cardio.

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Actually started the Kaged Muscle 4 Week Shred. Sorry forgot to start updating this. And the 4 Week Shred is helping make me more accountable with my cardio. My diet has been fine but my cardio is where I was lacking the drive.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What show are you training for? Are you incorporating any thermos in your diet?

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Considering NPC shows. Researching what all it takes. Also, someone told me about NGA. NPC will have the Phil Heath Classic next March again here in Houston. No thermos anymore right now.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OCB is another decent fed. Not sure if they are in your neck of the woods

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Not embarrassing myself on stage is a great motivation. I dnt join because I dnt look like Phil Heath. Maybe that's just me.

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
I want to do it once to say I did it and so I'm getting in the best possible shape.

Gains2NV

Awards
Do what I do go to local mall walk around a bit look at all the fat ass people then go run

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you've hit a plateau?

Competition keeps me motivated. If you have a smartphone/GPS there are good apps for "online" racing that can make things competitive. Even vs yourself, just having something to track your results keeps you semi-accountable. Sports also work, you work hard pushing yourself climbing the ladder to take on others. Something you wouldn't have otherwise done on your own. Try a racket court if your gym has one sometime. Those "older" guys are tougher than they look.