Meal help and advice

BadTheo2015

Awards
So probably tons of threads addressing this but still...

Cutting and doing it naturally for 10-12 weeks as summer is here. I haven't done a real cut ever... Normally go down the keto route... But recently decided to do it with normalish macros 50,30,20..... But anyways my main meal is brown rice, chicken and broccoli with a low sodium soy sauce and marinade for the chicken. Having this 3-4 times a day... Oats for breakfast and a few shakes. Hitting 13-15 calories a day. Which is going well but just want some suggestions on meals as I've been doing this now for 6ish weeks and I'm still losing but the only difference between meals is the marinade....

So what's your favourite?

Theo

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
By 50, 30, 20 do you mean protein, carbs, fat? And hitting 13-15 calories a day, what does that mean? Could you be a little more clear so we can help you out?

So you question is on switching up your meals? I'm having a hard time understanding what the question is here. Anything that will fit into your macros for the day is fine. You could use different salad dressings as marinades for your chicken (balsalmic, italian, etc), add different carb and protein sources like sweet potatoes and lean ground beef/turkey. I would also suggest adding in some green vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, etc.) to keep you feeling full and keep your fiber up.

Give us a little more detail about yourself - height, weight, age, etc. Also be a little more clear about your macro split, and your current calorie intake so people can understand what you're doing and where you're at with your cutting

BadTheo2015

Awards
orry about being brief...

Age 30
Height 5'4
Weight 168lbs
Bf 15% (guess, I can see abs but don't have abs...)

It was really a question about meal ideas, I'm trying to eat as clean as possible and I have no idea how to do that. I'm from the mindset that bulking meant I could eat what I want and was happy to do so. Since February I've loss 20lbs, every now and then I do tend to do a pro hormone or aas cycle. But to be completely honest with myself with how my diets been for the last 6 weeks I feel as if I've made more progress than any cycle.

So yeah just recipes or meal ideas for a clean cut. I tend to just eat brocolli at the moment as my veg and chicken as my meat, carbs I switch from brown rice to sweet potato and this is adventurous as I get. I believe to keep at a clean diet veriety is going g to be very important for me.

By 50, 30, 20 I actually meant carbs 50%, protein 30% and fat 20%... In regards to calorie intake I hit 1300-1500 calories a day. I do believe my metabolism is a bit ****ty and I do find it hard to cut hence on training days I push 1500 and non training 1300.

In regards to training I do a 2 day split twice per week. Exercises vary but 15 sets large muscle groups and 8 sets small. Reps I switch around every 6-8 weeks from 5-8 and 12-15.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
orry about being brief...

Age 30
Height 5'4
Weight 168lbs
Bf 15% (guess, I can see abs but don't have abs...)

It was really a question about meal ideas, I'm trying to eat as clean as possible and I have no idea how to do that. I'm from the mindset that bulking meant I could eat what I want and was happy to do so. Since February I've loss 20lbs, every now and then I do tend to do a pro hormone or aas cycle. But to be completely honest with myself with how my diets been for the last 6 weeks I feel as if I've made more progress than any cycle.

So yeah just recipes or meal ideas for a clean cut. I tend to just eat brocolli at the moment as my veg and chicken as my meat, carbs I switch from brown rice to sweet potato and this is adventurous as I get. I believe to keep at a clean diet veriety is going g to be very important for me.

By 50, 30, 20 I actually meant carbs 50%, protein 30% and fat 20%... In regards to calorie intake I hit 1300-1500 calories a day. I do believe my metabolism is a bit ****ty and I do find it hard to cut hence on training days I push 1500 and non training 1300.

In regards to training I do a 2 day split twice per week. Exercises vary but 15 sets large muscle groups and 8 sets small. Reps I switch around every 6-8 weeks from 5-8 and 12-15.
Your overall calories seem low, and your protein is definitely low. 30% at 1500 calories would only be 112g of protein per day? Correct me if I'm wrong - seems quite low though. I would suggest upping your protein intake to at least 1g per pound of body weight. As far as meal ideas, any type of lean meat or fish (chicken, lean ground turkey, tilapia, salmon) combined with a quality carb source and some veggies will be a good solid meal. I am a big fan of taco salads while dieting. 96% lean ground turkey, tomatoes, red onion, hot sauce, and salsa over a big bowl of greens. That's one of my favorites.

There's tons of healthy options out there to pick from. Just keep it simple and choose unprocessed foods and you'll be all set

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jlorenzo92 Nutrition / Health 12
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 13
xcharliemikex Nutrition / Health 8
Nutrition / Health 11