Bulking an cardio

JerryC

Awards
Do you guys think if I eat this clean bulking meal plan workout 2 1/2 hours a day twice a day doing an hour of cardio a day I could get amazing mass and lose body fat ? Please critique, if you would change the diet what would you change? Thanks

Meal one: 10 egg whites, 1 cup of oat meal

Meal two: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice

Meal three: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice

Meal four: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice

Meal five: 2 boiled eggs, 1/2 cup of oat meal

Meal six: burger pattie with mayo and mustard

Meal seven: 2 cups of milk

Meal eight: fried potatoes, chicken breast 2 scoops of whey

Protein: 256
Carbs:226

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
you could cut out the fried potatoes on meal 8 and do 2 scoops casein protein and have whey protein post workout. But dang that's a lot of food! I think eatting like that you would get good results!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys think if I eat this clean bulking meal plan workout 2 1/2 hours a day twice a day doing an hour of cardio a day I could get amazing mass and lose body fat ? Please critique, if you would change the diet what would you change? Thanks
What are your current stats? How long have you been training? The short answer is no, you can't build muscle and lose fat at the same time efficiently. The diet you posted is "clean" but I feel that you'll get VERY tired of eating chicken and rice for 3 meals per day. Also, what calculator did you use to get your protein and carb macros? They seem very low. What about dietary fat? A low fat diet doesn't translate to lean mass gains. You need to add some healthy fats into your diet for many reasons.

At the end of the day its calories in to calories out. If you're eating in a caloric surplus you will gain weight, which will be both lean mass and some body fat (its unavoidable). If you're eating in a caloric deficit you will lose weight, which will come again both from lean muscle tissue and body fat. Post up your stats (height, weight, time training, etc) and we'll be able to help you better.

JerryC

Awards
I didn't mean fired potatoes I meant baked idk why it changed to fried. But my stats are
Height: 6,0
Arms: 16
Waist: 34
Legs: 27
Chest: 50
Weight 230

And I think that doing cardio on a clean bulk like that and doing cardio to speed up the calories and protein and carbs to grow and I workout ALOT so figured the fat would just melt off. I'm at 18% bf and I want to keep my weight maybe get to 240 by November with 9% bf. A month before the competition zero carbs and two days before cut out water. And on idk it does seem low I calculated it up on a app thing I have that has the nutrients on it when you type it in.

JerryC

Awards
Oh and I'm 16 and my last bulk was the same thing just 10 meals and I got good gains but started feeling fat. I figured throw in cardio this go run Ivan lose the fat and build the muscle

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
And I think that doing cardio on a clean bulk like that and doing cardio to speed up the calories and protein and carbs to grow and I workout ALOT so figured the fat would just melt off. I'm at 18% bf and I want to keep my weight maybe get to 240 by November with 9% bf. A month before the competition zero carbs and two days before cut out water. And on idk it does seem low I calculated it up on a app thing I have that has the nutrients on it when you type it in.
More is not always better. Working out for 2.5 hours a day PLUS an hour of cardio is very excessive. You're going to wear yourself out. Gaining 10 pounds while dropping from 18% to 9% bf in 7 months is an absolutely absurd goal in all honesty. Results like that could not be obtained even on a serious steroid cycle, and at at 16 I pray you aren't experimenting with anything like that.

If your estimate of your current body fat is correct, you're holding about 40 pounds of body fat, leaving you with 190 pounds of lean mass, which for a 16 year old is pretty god damn impressive. Dropping to 9% body fat at your current weight would put you at 205 ish pounds. SO, if your goal is to be 240 at 9%, i'm not even going to do the math, its not remotely possible in that amount of time. Results like that will take you years of hard work. I would choose one goal, muscle gain or fat loss, and stick to it. If you're sitting at 18% BF @ 240, I would suggest cutting for a few months and see how you look. My guess is your bodyfat is higher than 18 right now, and you'd be happier losing some bodyfat instead of trying to recomp at such a high level of bodyfat. That's just my 2 cents though.

JerryC

Awards
Ok well I suck at cutting I'll be honest can you right out a plan diet wise I want bigger arms my chest legs and back are great so i do carbs on Wednesdays and Saturdays and my competition is in November so I should cut for the whole 7 months?

JerryC

Awards
But I also support my self so make it cheap as possible

JerryC

Awards
I pm you but idk if you got it because it's not saying on my app my messages

JerryC

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1428691925.449471.jpg

I did a macro calculator to lose 2 pounds a week and I got this. What do you think?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I mis-read what you typed, but you're training 6 hours a day?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I think that is way too much daily. That second session could probably be condensed.

Back to your OP, you will not lose fat and gain amazing mass unless you are on anabolics. To gain, you need to consume a surplus of calories, to lose fat, a deficit is needed. Fat can be minimized but eating at a smaller surplus, but not completely avoided. It also looks like your fats are WAY too low.

JerryC

Awards
Well can you pm me a perfect pre contest diet? I so confused and clueless what did you do?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally, I think that is way too much daily. That second session could probably be condensed
You're not the only one. That's a ridiculous amount of exercise. It's bordering on counter productive.

JerryC

Awards
Ok people say 3-4 hours a day is to much but think about it, eating 6-8 hours of sleep a night, 8-10 meals a day that's not counter productive your feeding your body and turning it to a machine.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those aren't dependent on your nervous system though. While it is possible to workout that often, you are most likely going to burn out. The saying, more isn't always better, is true here. If you are working out that often and aren't burning out then most likely your intensity is too low which would take away from the benefits of working out.

JerryC

Awards
Well I get wobbly legs and jello arms when I lift and I love every second of it its what I like so I'm still gonna do it I do appreciate the two cents honestly but can anyone still help me on my pre contest diet prep?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I get wobbly legs and jello arms when I lift and I love every second of it its what I like so I'm still gonna do it I do appreciate the two cents honestly but can anyone still help me on my pre contest diet prep?
A pre contest diet is just like any other diet. Lower cals when and if you need to, do it in the form of carbs, if your carbs are already high. Pre contest, the only thing I would change is to have carbs pre and post workout. I usually just go post, but if one is pre contest, they will probably benefit from the carbs pre workout.

Battossi

Awards

Meal one: 10 egg whites, 1 cup of oat meal

Meal two: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice

Meal three: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice

Meal four: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice

Meal five: 2 boiled eggs, 1/2 cup of oat meal

Meal six: burger pattie with mayo and mustard

Meal seven: 2 cups of milk

Meal eight: fried potatoes, chicken breast 2 scoops of whey

Protein: 256
Carbs:226
Cardio doesn't kill gains. Poor diet ,training and inconsistencies kill gains. If you want to do cardio,do it. It can actually benefit a bulk but it seems you're looking at a recomp. Which is slower progress (for most )

bigred010

Awards
man after reading this thread, i wish i was single again to even have the much time to workout!

jaces

jaces

Awards
so 3 and a half hours of activity a day on so little carbs and prot?? hmmmmmm

JerryC

Awards
I've been seeing results, i'v gained 10 pounds and lost 1 % body fat. I look leaner and feel great